In this Discussion

who wants to get there name into a english newspaper?

edited November -1 in OK Go
so the paper i kinda read (as its a stupid paper...)

has a Q and A section kelly johnston, from manchester asks:

"I recentlly saw a hilarious music video with four men perfoming a synchronised dance routine on four running machines. can anyone tell me who they were?"

send the awnser to charles.legge@dailymail.co.uk

and i shall post results...

Comments

• Hahahaha, "running machines."
  • ooo, me me me!!!

I already sent the email!
  • Thanks for info, haha. Apparently, this woman doesn't know research, but I adore her curiosity.
  • Hahahahaha.

I think she's sheltered just a bit.
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Jan 26 2007, 05:25 PM)
    Hahahahaha.

I think she's sheltered just a bit.

Or maybe she can't infer that when it says "OK Go on Treadmills" at the beginning, OK Go might be what they're called. huh.gif

Sweet, now I know someone!
  • we have a reply! its the main awnser, with a lovely pic of the guys, the headline 'keep on running'

ill post a picture of it when i get my camra back

'okgo are a rock band from washington DC. the line up includes Damian Kulash on vocals and guitar, Tom nordwind on bas, Dan Konopka on drums and Rusty Ross on guitar and keyboards

outside there fanbase, they weren't that well known until they released their hilarious video for here it goes again.

MTV had origonally rejected the idea of it, so the band made it them-selves, useing treadmills from their local gymnasium

the video was done in a single take and put on youtube.com where it has so far received more then 10 million veiws

at the MTV music awards in september they performed the song live on stage complete with treadmills. after the show sales of the album and single increased markedly

the band have recently been nominated for a grammy for best music short film. their music videos can be veiwed online at the bands website www.okgo.net or on www.youtube.com'
  • laugh.gif I love how the big guys (Capitol Records, MTV, etc) are always like "NO! That's a stupid idea." Then boom, internet phenomenon. Owned.
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Feb 1 2007, 04:45 AM)
    we have a reply! its the main awnser, with a lovely pic of the guys, the headline 'keep on running'

ill post a picture of it when i get my camra back
    'okgo are a rock band from washington DC. the line up includes Damian Kulash on vocals and guitar, Tom nordwind on bas, Dan Konopka on drums and Rusty Ross on guitar and keyboards

outside there fanbase, they weren't that well known until they released their hilarious video for here it goes again.

MTV had origonally rejected the idea of it, so the band made it them-selves, useing treadmills from their local gymnasium

the video was done in a single take and put on youtube.com where it has so far received more then 10 million veiws

at the MTV music awards in september they performed the song live on stage complete with treadmills. after the show sales of the album and single increased markedly

the band have recently been nominated for a grammy for best music short film. their music videos can be veiwed online at the bands website www.okgo.net or on www.youtube.com'

This person obviously isn't the brightest of people. For more than just spelling Tim's name wrong.
  • Except....they're not from DC..... unsure.gif
  • well you all had your chance to give information that is actully right =p

update!

here is the pic of the thing
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Apr 1 2007, 05:28 PM)
    update!
    here is the pic of the thing

I completely forgot about this.
    Although I shouldn't have.
    Seeing as I cut it out as well.
  • they were 1/4 right about the location.

dami grew up in/around DC... and you can't really call them a chicago band anymore. at least, not in my opinion.
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jan 26 2007, 11:38 PM)
    "I recentlly saw a hilarious music video with four men perfoming a synchronised dance routine on four running machines. can anyone tell me who they were?"

Actually, there were eight "running machines"