In this Discussion

Chicago 4/2/06

Comments

• [ I agree with Sheri - that venue wasn't my favorite. The stage was too high and far away. I've only seen a concert with the background screen once before, so I still like it. Your set list is only missing the ELO cover. At the previous night's show in Detroit, they also played 'The House Wins'. Your pictures are so much better than mine!

sorry we disagree on that...i thought it suited them having the room to move around, and as much as i'd like to be closer to them to get better pics, playing the tiny places isn't going to pay the bills, you know...i'd like to see them as popular as i think their talent should get them, and frankly that should be above the bill for bands like snow patrol and the frey(no insult to either band).

Boo! I didn't get to meet Andy and have him sign it. Suzanne and Sheri went on a little walk-about while Jen and I tayed in the bar. Now we all know that Jen doesn't drink, so raise your hand if you can guess the bad influence in this picture. Very poor decision indeed!
    [/quote]

theresa, i'm so sorry!!! i thought you were all together for that! yikes, i'm sorry i didn't get to talk to you kids too much (i brought along a friend, she's a fan, but not to our level if you know what i mean) and i didn't want her to feel too left out. besides you gals had the other 3 to keep ya company.... i had ellen meet andy a bit later when we were leaving the other club, and i didn't want to overwhelm him by bringing everyone, especially since sheri said she'd talked to him already...my fervent apologies!!! please forgive me!

and hey, why isn't there a pic of suzanne with andy???

jackerooooooooni
  • No time to write more, but I want to point out that I had cupcakes, not Ding Dongs. We just quoted it anyway. lol
  • awwwwwwwwwww! yall had an ok go conection. Ive allways said okgo brings peeps together!

and to Sheri... if i had the postage i would have been there in a jiffy tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 4 2007, 08:24 AM)
    No time to write more, but I want to point out that I had cupcakes, not Ding Dongs. We just quoted it anyway. lol

Yes, you're right! I think it was the opposite of the Fed'l Truth in Music video. tongue.gif
  • I want to give a fuller review/post eventually, but for now:

I have "the OK Glow."

It was hard to be at work today.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 3 2007, 09:01 PM)
    Andy (both him and Tim?) did this really really funny little back-and-forth dance during one of his and Tim's facing-each-other interludes.
    They did that at the Toronto show too! It was so cute. biggrin.gif

You sound like you girls had a lot of fun smile.gif I'm glad you did.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 4 2007, 01:02 AM)
    "That looks stupid. Do another one." --AnD Ross

"That's worse. But it's funny." --AR

Andy's a really cool guy. I'm back to wanting to just squeeze him till he pukes.

For a second there I thought he was wearing the shirt I got him!! rolleyes.gif

Great pics!
  • Thanks! smile.gif

A nice review from the Sun Times:
    http://www.suntimes.com:80/entertainment/m...-snow04.article

Oh, and I meant to mention before that I liked Silversun Pickups.
  • these are good pictures!
  • laugh.gif laugh.gif

"For all those musically inept, we'll help you out..."
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Apr 5 2007, 01:05 PM)

look at that air!
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Apr 5 2007, 01:05 PM)

I love this picture!! biggrin.gif
  • Thanks for sharing your pics Jennifer!
    You look super cute next to the purple van, it's like you can't stop smiling!
  • T, S, and J, it was truly great to meet you all. I'm glad we connected so easily! No surprise, though, I guess.

Thanks to all for posting photos and the "second verse" video clip. (He's so cute!!) I'll try to get some of my best photos up soon. S, thanks for the Sun-Times article; that's a good one.

One thing I learned for sure this weekend is that OK Go fans ARE way more fun and HAVE way more fun than Snow Patrol fans. While we waited in line, we were singing the Truth in Music songs, running around, laughing, and carrying on. The Snow Patrol fans definitely were not having as much fun as we were, which sort of makes sense, since OK Go is such a fun band.

We had one of us there from Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, and Illinois (or Wisconsin, depending on which state Sheri claimed). Theresa thought we were like a little "Miss OK Go Pageant." We SO wanted to make sashes and take a picture of all of us wearing them, but we didn't have time to get the proper supplies.
  • Jennifer, those are great pics! Hot damn! And weren't you just using the digital you have, the one that's almost the same as mine (and Suzanne's, incidentally)? What were your settings??

Thanks about the pics, Ashley smile.gif And thanks about the show, Claret, whose real name I can't remember from where you just told me it ... unsure.gif (Sorry!!)

Theresa, I LOVE those pics of the four of us. Thanks for posting them!!

Suzanne, I would have had to come down on the Wisconsin side or feel guilty throughout the pageant. lol Jackie could have been our Illinois.
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Apr 5 2007, 12:28 PM)

Hahahahaha! biggrin.gif That's one great fifteen seconds.

And nice quality! Again, damn! I want a slice of your hardware.
  • As I said before, hanging out with toiletdog, sherib and dietpepsidrunk in Chicago was a total blast.

The hilarity extended into the next day, when on my way out of Chicago on I-94, I found myself behind a bright blue van.

This little video didn't turn out as funny as I'd hoped, but it's only 9 seconds, so humor me, okay? (It's better if you're listening to some OK Go while you watch.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_ARqsf3NvY
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 6 2007, 09:48 PM)
    Thanks about the pics, Ashley smile.gif And thanks about the show, Claret, whose real name I can't remember from where you just told me it ... unsure.gif (Sorry!!)
    Shame on you! *lol* Kidding. I'm Dani. Like Dami but... not.