In this Discussion

Radio KOL interview tomorrow

edited November -1 in OK Go
OK Go Interview on Radio KOL!

Radio KOL will air an exclusive interview with OK Go on Thursday, April 5th at 5:40 PM EST. Login to www.radiokol.com to hear it. If you would like to ask the band a question during the interview, call 1-877-KOLDJRICK.

So they'll be calling in from Milwaukee. Neato.

Comments

• Is this interview gonna be with that same annoying guy from their previous KOL interview? He really got on my nerves! But I'll suffer through anything for OK Go.

Thanks for the info Sheri!
  • No problem. Ha, I thought that guy was funny! Don't know if that's the same guy.
  • Well that guy was funny in a very annoying way. Oh well.
  • 5.40pm EST?

Right, so that's, what - 6 hours behind London?
    So if I try and tune in on the internet at 11.40pm - will I hear it dyu think?
  • shit i totally missed it.. it would have been at 2.40 for me and i have class then.
    damn.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 5 2007, 03:15 PM)
    5.40pm EST?

Right, so that's, what - 6 hours behind London?
    So if I try and tune in on the internet at 11.40pm - will I hear it dyu think?

All I know is you should tune in right now, i think they could be on at any minute!
  • Man, I can't believe I missed this. I can't even get the show to play on my computer. *le sigh* I really wanted to call in and ask if Andy got the gift from me and my friends. Ah, well. Now I still have a conversation starter for when I finally do get to meet him.
  • I tuned in. You guys didn't miss much. It was only Tim and he was basically doing a phone interview. The callers who asked questions sounded like they were 8.
  • ^^ Thanks smile.gif
    Were these questions interesting or the usualy "who came up with the treadmills idea...?"??
  • Basically nothing new that we didn't already know. Such things like what do you miss most while on tour? Tim said his bed. Something along the lines of when did you guys all meet? Tim said he met Damian at summer camp. He mentioned about the AMW video being "accidentally" released. I can't remember anything else.
  • Yeah you guys really didnt miss much. I cant remember much though. And the people asking questions did sound really young. Something about who they would like to play with? and he said someone I havent heard of or Nelly Furtado and Justin Timberlake. And then this kid called in saying how he got hurt on a treadmill once and the interviewer was like hey lets start a people who fall on treadmills club or sometihing. Yeah thats all I got. Eh.
  • QUOTE (KristaMichelle @ Apr 5 2007, 10:52 PM)
    Man, I can't believe I missed this. I can't even get the show to play on my computer. *le sigh* I really wanted to call in and ask if Andy got the gift from me and my friends. Ah, well. Now I still have a conversation starter for when I finally do get to meet him.

I was going to do the exact same thing! blink.gif That's crazy.
  • i missed it..
    i just heard about it right now...
  • Well obviously we're both just awesome, mundum. tongue.gif

I'm really glad we didn't miss anything good.
  • Yea, you guys didn't miss much.

The interviewer went on and on about paisley for a while.

The first caller said, "What was your favorite song to... uh... write... or whatever... or play..." Tim answered Good Idea At The Time, and said they wrote it quickly and once it was recorded, they realized it was actually pretty good. They'd been nervous because they wrote it so quickly and weren't sure it was going to be any good.

I think the second caller asked who they'd like to "do a duet with". I can't remember the name of the other woman either; I should have written it down but it was like midnight here and I was tired. I just remember Nelly Furtado and Justin Timberlake. Whoever the other woman singer was, isn't well-known yet, but Tim said that this band is just starting to take hold. I don't know why I seem to remember a "purply" band name of some sort. "Purple" or "Velvet" or something like that, might have been in the name. Then I think it was the same caller who said her favorite OK Go song was "As Good As It Gets" (sic). (She referred to "A Good Idea At The Time" from earlier).

A third caller asked if anyone got hurt doing "any of their videos" and he was hard to understand, and mumbled something about falling off of a treadmill too. Tim gave the answer and we already know it.

There was some talk about how the ideas for dancing got started and led to doing videos, about confusing people with the dances and having Tim lip synch the ones he doesn't sing.

Another caller asked what they missed most on tour, and Tim said his bed, and that the bus they sleep on bumps a lot. Then the interviewer asked if they had any special "woogies" that they had to have from home, while they were on tour. Tim answered "Our cellphones" and went on a little about that, and missing his friends and wishing he could see his friends and family more often. But "not that touring is a bad thing because of that, because touring is really good for us". He said, "The question was about what I missed, and that's what I miss [bed, friends, family]."

It was quick, and it was really awkward, actually. The kids seemed extremely young and a bit hard to understand.
  • QUOTE (KristaMichelle @ Apr 6 2007, 03:26 AM)
    Well obviously we're both just awesome, mundum. tongue.gif

true dat cool.gif
  • QUOTE (Kareh @ Apr 6 2007, 03:49 AM)
    It was quick, and it was really awkward, actually. The kids seemed extremely young and a bit hard to understand.

The callers must have been from KidzBop. laugh.gif
  • That station is part of this kids' section thing of AOL, I guess. So that's why it was so very youth-oriented.
  • Yeah. My little sister got all exited when I told her about KOL. She responded in a high pitched scream that she HAD kol. She felt special. But dang, are those kids annoying. How does this guy deal with it?
  • QUOTE (Kareh @ Apr 6 2007, 07:49 AM)
    Whoever the other woman singer was, isn't well-known yet, but Tim said that this band is just starting to take hold. I don't know why I seem to remember a "purply" band name of some sort. "Purple" or "Velvet" or something like that, might have been in the name.

Was it "Lavender Diamond," maybe? (I didn't hear this interview.)