In this Discussion

Dentist guilty of urinating in surgery sink

edited November -1 in General Discussion
LONDON (Reuters) - A British dentist was found guilty Thursday of urinating in his surgery sink and using dental tools meant for patients to clean his fingernails and ears.

A medical tribunal said it was satisfied the evidence showed 51-year-old Alan Hutchinson, who routinely did not wear gloves or wash his hands, had risked the health of "himself, staff and patients" for more than 28 years.

A dental nurse who worked for Hutchinson for 16 years said she had caught him urinating in the sink more than once.

"He was tucking something into his trousers before zipping them up hastily. I walked over and I was behind him. He moved to the left and I could smell urine," the nurse told the tribunal.

The tribunal determined that the dentist's poor hygiene habits made him unfit to practice and struck him off the dental register, banning him from work."You urinated into a sink in your surgery following which you did not wash your hands and then proceeded to treat a patient. This behavior was clearly inappropriate and is completely unacceptable," the tribunal chairman said.

Comments

• blink.gif omg... gross.
  • That's disgusting =X
    Worst my dentist has done is sneeze on his hand, then continue examining my mouth. *shudder*

And yes, I did catch his cold off of him because of it sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Angel @ Apr 8 2007, 07:39 PM)
    That's disgusting =X
    Worst my dentist has done is sneeze on his hand, then continue examining my mouth. *shudder*

And yes, I did catch his cold off of him because of it sad.gif

better then him sneezeing in your mouth...
  • Eurgh....

I have a lovely dentist, thank you very much smile.gif

Tempe, we need your outrage as a dentist-in-training!!!
  • my dentist wears a wig

i fear death each time my teeth are cleaned
  • Now now, how am I supposed to organize a dental activist group for the better treatment of dentists in movies, tv, and the media, when there are freaks like this who pop up?! blink.gif

Did anyone ever say anything to this dude in dental school when he'd pee in the sinks or is this something he started doing after school in his spare time?

When Tim says chicks dig a dentist for the lifestyle, and the way you give it to them freaky I don't think this what he had in mind.
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Apr 8 2007, 03:47 PM)
    my dentist wears a wig
    i fear death each time my teeth are cleaned

Because of the wig? laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Apr 8 2007, 09:11 PM)
    Because of the wig? laugh.gif

mostly cause of the wig..
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Apr 8 2007, 01:18 PM)
    mostly cause of the wig..

Does he wear strong cologne too? Cause that might make it even more disturbing.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 8 2007, 09:19 PM)
    Does he wear strong cologne too? Cause that might make it even more disturbing.

...ummm i dont think so

i dont tend to rember who smells and who doesnt though =p
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 8 2007, 09:06 PM)
    When Tim says chicks dig a dentist for the lifestyle, and the way you give it to them freaky I don't think this what he had in mind.

I tried to describe the Tim video to my dentist, but it didn't work very well for two reasons. One - I had instruments invading my mouth. Two - I suddenly realised that I would be saying the words "give it to them freaky" to my middle aged dentist, and I sort of trailed off feeling completely embarrassed.

I get myself into the worst situations sometimes huh.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 8 2007, 01:26 PM)
    I get myself into the worst situations sometimes huh.gif

Lol, me too.

When we first learned how to do injections on each other, there were an uneven number of classmates, so I ended up being partnered w/ one of my teachers for a day. The whole time, as I looked in his mouth and did injections on him, I was quoting Tim out loud. My teacher thought I had gone nutty and that perhaps I had gotten a hold of the laughing gas when no one was looking. But hey, it's better than peeing in a sink!
  • ^^ Hahahahahaa!!
    Did you do the whole "Woah... don't worry, it's just a joke, just a little thing I do...." on him??
    Oh you legend. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 8 2007, 01:39 PM)
    ^^ Hahahahahaa!!
    Did you do the whole "Woah... don't worry, it's just a joke, just a little thing I do...." on him??
    Oh you legend. biggrin.gif

Yes! The only thing I didn't do was all the Kulashian moans and groans for fear that others might hear me and really think I'd gone nuts. Apparently, I enjoy making people think there is something wrong w/ me.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 8 2007, 04:43 PM)
    Yes! The only thing I didn't do was all the Kulashian moans and groans for fear that others might hear me and really think I'd gone nuts. Apparently, I enjoy making people think there is something wrong w/ me.
    biggrin.gif Move to my area and be my dentist... PLEASE. Haha I love you.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 8 2007, 09:43 PM)

Wow... you're brilliant for that. biggrin.gif

My sister and I make people think we're weird sometimes, so that no one gets on our train and we have the whole carriage to ourselves. We lear out of the windows and grin and beckon people towards us, which of course makes them leave very quickly, and then we get to be in peace and play our music for the whole journey! biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 8 2007, 01:49 PM)
    Wow... you're brilliant for that. biggrin.gif
    My sister and I make people think we're weird sometimes, so that no one gets on our train and we have the whole carriage to ourselves. We lear out of the windows and grin and beckon people towards us, which of course makes them leave very quickly, and then we get to be in peace and play our music for the whole journey! biggrin.gif

Ooo, this is a marvelous plan! How devious.

Aww, you girls are too kind. Now, lets all show the Sink-Peeing Dentist some love. He is his own water fountain! Throw a coin in the sink for luck. He also cleans his nails w/ the dental instruments. Cheers to a classy guy...Not only does he make dentistry look bad. He makes British dentistry look bad, and the poor Brits already live w/ sterotypes of bad teeth and such.

CHECK OUT MA TEETH
  • sad.gif
    Not all Brits have bad teethe, I assure you.

My dentist recently said I had perfect teeth
    Mwhahaha smile.gif
  • Fergal!!!! He will save us from insane Sink-Peeing British Dentists!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

(ooo, maybe insane Sink-Peeing British Dentists need their own society)

Perfect teeth? How nice! Don't forget that gum health though. Damn, I'll shut up now)