In this Discussion

Lollapalooza

edited November -1 in General Discussion
The Lollapalooza band list and ticket prices were released today. Who plans on going? Once again, Lolla's managed to let me down severely. What a disappointment:(

Comments

• i bought the presale passes again this year, and i think i'm actually keeping 'em this time!.. interpol, kings of leon, snow patrol, regina spektor, muse, yeah yeah yeahs!.. those right there were worth my $60...
  • Muse? omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • In some ways I wish I had bought the presale passes, because then it would definitely be worth $60, but none of those are worth $195. Which is depressing, I was really looking forward to a big music festival. I'll be leaving London before all their summer ones, and both Warped and Lolla aren't so hot this year. Damn.

On the plus side, I have heard Muse is fantastic, so that's exciting.
  • I'm going. And I'm very, very, VERY excited.

Especially to see Cold War Kids. HOLY SHIT THEY'RE AMAZING LIVE. (I saw them when they were at Subterranean in March)

But yeah, Kings of Leon and the Fratellis and Ted Leo (seeing him with on April 28 . . . ) and Sean Lennon (I love Sean Lennon) are other bands I'm looking forward to seeing there.

I'm sad that that the Redwalls aren't playing this year. But the 1900s are playing, so I guess that can make up for local Chicago bands. sad.gif
  • fratellies are amazing live

you will enjoy!
  • Oh, I know I will enjoy. If I were the Fratellis, I would go nuts on stage.

I hope that happens.
  • interpol and muse are playing at the same time, as are yeah yeah yeahs and snow patrol, so that eliminates two of the bands i wanted to see most, boo to lolla schedualing!..
    and i'm in need of money for the dentist, so anyone want to buy my tickets?!?
  • i would buy you tickets darbs is i had the funds

hell i would probally go to it if i had the fund'age
  • Yeah, scheduling kind of blows . . . I've decided that I'm seeing Interpol over Muse and Yeah Yeah Yeahs over Snow Patrol.

What really saddens me is that Kings of Leon and Iggy and the Stooges are playing at the same damn time. What do I do? sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Jul 4 2007, 01:55 AM)
    What really saddens me is that Kings of Leon and Iggy and the Stooges are playing at the same damn time. What do I do? sad.gif

pssh, that's easy... kings of leon, they're more attractive tongue.gif no, they're really really really great live though...
  • Yeah, that's who I was thinking of seeing. I've never seen them live and I love that band, so it would be perfect.

Besides, I don't think Iggy is going to destroy his body on stage anymore, so that's no fun.