In this Discussion

OK Go is challenged to Double Dare

Comments

• Say it with me everyone:

Post the picture! Post the picture! Post the picture! Post the picture!

tongue.gif laugh.gif

Edit: Yay Mumblo! happy.gif
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ May 4 2007, 08:24 PM)
    Say it with me everyone:

Post the picture! Post the picture! Post the picture! Post the picture!

Haha, I totally want to but I have to ask for his permission to post it here first, since it is his picture. I'll post it up as soon as he (if he does) gives the OK (Go). wink.gif
  • Alright here it is. I've cropped out my friend for his personal privacy.

Apparently his shirt has the Nickelodeon logo and it says "Battle of the Bands" on it.

And here's a little bit of what my friend said about the event:
    I actually didn't know they were coming until the day before when I saw a flyer randomly around campus. it was hosted by the Harvard Lampoon, the big joke society, so I didn't know if it was for real or not. Actually a lot of people thought it might have been fake since there was almost no hype. But being the loyal fan I am I actually went and checked it out anyway - I sat in the aisle and after like an hour of wait (they were super late since they got lost) they actually CAME. and they came down the aisle i sat in, too! (I was literally inches away). anyway they did a lot of random stuff like throw pies and whipped cream stuff and egg walking and stuff like that. no music, but really goofy things. it was a sort of "battle of the bands" without the music - just OK Go against the Harvard Lampoon (a group that publishes a satirical magazine). The emcee asked Ok Go a question and they had to choose to either answer it or do a "physical challenge" against the Lampoon to score a point. then the emcee would ask the Lampoon a question and they had to choose to answer or do a physical challenge. despite the questions being, for Ok Go, as easy as "what's the name of your first album?" or "what's the name of your second album?" of "what are the names of the group members?" they always chose physical challenge. hahaha. i especially liked tim's attempt to throw pies into andy (i think)'s enlarged clown pants. or Damian's attempt to balance an egg on a spoon and race someone from the Lampoon...the girl dropped the egg near the finish line and when Damian passed her she knocked the egg from his spoon. and then they got into a huge fight with both of them throwing eggs at each other and cracking them on each other's heads or even throwing entire cartons of eggs...hahaha it was hilarious. =]

Props to them for going with the physical challenges. The image of Tim throwing pies into Andy's pants is seriously making me LOL. And oh man how awesome would it be to get in an egg fight with The Kulash. I seriously need video of this.
  • This is so funny.

This is so OK Go.

This is so going into my tour incidents project. (!)

Silly craziness in a science classroom: I bet Trish is jealous. tongue.gif

For those who are confused, you have to know about the simply groundbreaking kids' game show Double Dare that was on Nickelodeon in the late '80s. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_Dare)

And yes, I'm also proud of them for going with the physical challenges. Way to go, boys!
  • Thank you, Natalie!
  • Man, OKGO is SO DOWN!

Friggin awesome.
  • hahahahaha! omg, that's hilarious!
  • Does anyone know when they'll be back? Cuz they were at Umass last night so I'm wondering if they'll be going back soon as long as they're in Mass.
  • oknat, you are my hero for the day.

I love that the guys went for the physical challenges, too, it's so much more their endearing style. The article I read seemed to assert that they answered those questions incorrectly, and my susupision was that it must have been on purpose. Glad to hear no one's dropped out of the gifted program.

Remind me, those of you that were still around during DD, did they have some sort of slide, that would land in really gross substance, like chili mac? Or am I just making that up? It was a while ago.
  • QUOTE (sprocket @ May 7 2007, 11:27 AM)
    Remind me, those of you that were still around during DD, did they have some sort of slide, that would land in really gross substance, like chili mac? Or am I just making that up? It was a while ago.

Umm, do you mean the sundae slide? When you'd slide down headfirst into a gigantic ice cream sundae?
  • Thank you! That was it. I knew they slid head first into something messy.
  • ^^haha thats great
    i love the writing on the wall in the back
    and those hat things in the third pic, pretty sexy not gonna lie haha
  • Observations:

1. Is Damian in his boxer shorts? Oh, say it's so....

2. I have never seen anyone more determined to land a pie in his pants than Rusty

3. Dan and Time both look like they are thoroughly enjoying themselves.
  • QUOTE (sprocket @ May 7 2007, 09:48 PM)
    Observations:

1. Is Damian in his boxer shorts? Oh, say it's so....

Ahhh!
    I didn't notice, and then I looked back, and I think I may have squeaked a bit rolleyes.gif
  • Nice to see some more pics from this. Thanks! It may have just been the glare, but it looks like Damian totally blew out his goggles in the 2nd pic. And yeah I noticed the shorts too and just assumed they were just regular shorts, but it's probably better to imagine them as boxers. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ May 7 2007, 06:17 PM)

Andy + cream pie= HEAVEN
  • Found some more pictures on flickr.

Is that Andy playing Guitar Hero? He better have lived up to his "Kicking Harvard ass and taking names".

Edit: I just noticed that Andy's score is 0 while the other guy has 6150 points. Hopefully he was giving that guy a headstart just because he's so pro like that. wink.gif
  • QUOTE (oknat @ May 12 2007, 10:49 PM)
    Edit: I just noticed that Andy's score is 0 while the other guy has 6150 points. Hopefully he was giving that guy a headstart just because he's so pro like that. wink.gif

Dude, Guitar Hero is NOT EASY! Just because you can play guitar doesn't mean you can play Guitar Hero. It took me a lot of practice.

Poor Andy. I hope it didn't shred him too much.