In this Discussion

oh GAH.

edited November -1 in OK Go
so OK Go are coming to Australia.
OMG HOW AWESOME.
and there are tickets for their show in Melbourne... at some OVER 18 PLACE.
oh this makes me so angry.
they'd better perform somewhere else too >_<

Comments

• Fake ID! Now!
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ May 5 2007, 03:38 PM)
    Fake ID! Now!

laugh.gif

That's what I did.
    The over 18s thing at KoKo wasn't gonna stop me for a second...

Good luck!!
  • Yeah, my friend just gave me hers because my old one sucked. I mean, it was a little hard trying to look like I have blonde hair.
  • ^^ laugh.gif

I was going to steal my friend's ID, but I could picture the conversation at the door...

"Madam, why on your ID do you have a black afro, sideburns and a decidedly mannish look about you?"
    "Erm.... I was having a bad day???"
    "According to this, you're 37, madam."
    "I use night cream."
  • QUOTE (Electra @ May 5 2007, 11:02 AM)
    ^^ laugh.gif

I was going to steal my friend's ID, but I could picture the conversation at the door...

"Madam, why on your ID do you have a black afro, sideburns and a decidedly mannish look about you?"
    "Erm.... I was having a bad day???"
    "According to this, you're 37, madam."
    "I use night cream."

laugh.gif !!!

But I seriously agree with everyone here that you should find an ID- maybe from a cousin or someone who looks like you? Although they've finally been playing all ages shows in my area, they used to only play 21+ when they came here and I sincerely regret not getting an ID and going. So totally, totally do it.
  • PFFT, 18+. Fake ID. Do it. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (stripygiraffe @ May 5 2007, 09:06 PM)
    so OK Go are coming to Australia.
    OMG HOW AWESOME.
    and there are tickets for their show in Melbourne... at some OVER 18 PLACE.
    oh this makes me so angry.
    they'd better perform somewhere else too >_<

You could always come to Sydney!! I have no idea if the venue is 18+ but you can bet i'll be there anyway, especially since I've already told work I'm unavailable on August 3 so even if i don't get tickets I can host a candelight vigil outside. happy.gif
  • ^ laugh.gif

Bahahahaha!!
    Fake ID, hmm, well...
    do they really actually work?
    we shall see, I suppose.
    Maybe my sister can get one, she's 18.
  • Or just slip a 20 under the fake ID if it doesn't look like you at all. It works every time. tongue.gif
  • Um WHAT?!!

Please tell me that you're not joking, because if they really are coming to Australia, that will be awesome!!

So are they just going to be playing in Melbourne or are they going to the other cities (please let them come to Brisbane, please let them come to Brisbane...)?

Details!!!

Oooh, how cool would it be if they're at Splendour? Klaxons, Kaiser Chiefs, Arctic Monkeys AND OKgo? It will be the best weekend ever.

Oh yeah, this is my first post.
  • =P glad to see Australia finally gets to experience the boys.

(but awww, now I'm sad that the old Australian boardies aren't around. )

anyways, have fun pretending to be old!
  • QUOTE (LolaBert @ May 6 2007, 01:30 AM)
    Um WHAT?!!

Please tell me that you're not joking, because if they really are coming to Australia, that will be awesome!!

So are they just going to be playing in Melbourne or are they going to the other cities (please let them come to Brisbane, please let them come to Brisbane...)?

Details!!!

(I'm just trying to keep my map current - ha! this becomes tough when OK Go starts rambling all over the world! If anyone finds out more about their shows in New Zealand or Taiwan or...? please *ping* me smile.gif. Once they finish their touring the U.S., I should be able to get their Spanish concert on the map - right now there's just a note. It appears the mapping technology won't let me show more than 2/3rds of the world at a time - ha! and OK Go has truly gone global! )

Here's what I found, here

Tickets go on sale May 11th.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = =
    Brisbane
    Thursday 2 August
    The Zoo
    www.thezoo.com.au
    1300 762 545
    Rocking Horse,
    Skinnys, Mosh Pit, Sunflower, Butter Beats, Music Mania

Sydney
    Friday 3 August
    The Forum
    www.moshtix.com.au

Melbourne
    Saturday 4 August
    The Hi Fi
    www.thehhifi.com.au
    03 9654 7617
    Missing Link, Polyester

Adelaide
    Sunday 5 August
    Fowlers
    www.fowlerslive.com.au www.venuetix.com.au
    08 8225 8888

Perth
    Monday 6 August
    Capitol
    bocsticketing.com.au
    78 Records, Mills Records, Planet Video

= = = = = = = = = = = = =
  • hmm wellz... unfortunately I don't think there will be any pretending to be old *cries* screw being fifteen.
    As if they have it at a bar! ooihdsa9o9i3lq.
  • I am so proud of my parent's right now. After stripygiraffe said the Melbourne gig was 18+ i started to panic. So I looked up The Forum which made everything more confusing as some gigs have no age restrictions and others do.

Anyway, i ran downstairs and told my parent's the news (i didn't dare mention the fake ID idea) and do you know what they do? they start suggesting people whose real IDs we could borrow to get me in!!! Mum's there saying "Of course you're still going to go! I don't think you're going to let an age limit stop you from seeing Ok Go. HAH!" while Dad suggests borrowing my cousin's ID laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

AND while i was at school today Dad sent an email out to the ticket provider asking them not to break his daughter's heart, please wub.gif hehe
  • oh my you are SOOOOOO LUCKY!!!!
    aww.
    I asked my mum if I could borrow my older sister's driver's licence and she looked at me like I'd just had a complete brain shut down. guisa90uqo4ijrwlksf09qoprjew0983r .
  • Okay *breathes and manages very hard not to hyperventilate*
    OKGo, are coming to Brisbane.
    *breathes some more*
    And I'm 18.
    *trembles a bit*
    And the venue is like a 5 minute train ride from my place
    *internally screams*
    I'M GONNA SEE OKGO!!!
    Holy crap, holy crap, holy crap.
    Are there any rumours that they might be in the second line up of Splendour?
  • Yay! Oz is finally get the Ok Go love! I hope you guys all have INCREDIBLE times at the shows!
  • QUOTE (LolaBert @ May 7 2007, 10:04 PM)
    Are there any rumours that they might be in the second line up of Splendour?

I haven't heard any rumours about ok go at Splendour.
    Lola, you are sooo lucky to live near Byron Bay, I was heartbroken when they announced the line up for Splendour in the Grass.
    Unfortunately, while my parents are cool with the fake ID thing there is NO way they'd let me fly/drive up there.

oooh you lucky thing!!!
  • Hmm, upon closer inspection, i don't think OK Go are going to be at Splendour because they're scheduled to be in like, Perth or something. But hey, I get to see them in Brisbane at the Zoo, which is like the awesome, little intimate, bar/venue dealie. Oh god. It's gonna be so very very very good.

Juniperberry! How amazing is the line up for Splendour? Oh, where do you live?

Are most of the Aussie boardies here underage? Because all this talk of fake IDs (you guys have the coolest parents if they're okay with this!) seems to point in that direction.

Is it just me or is this the first time OK Go will be in Australia?
  • QUOTE (LolaBert @ May 8 2007, 07:22 PM)
    Hmm, upon closer inspection, i don't think OK Go are going to be at Splendour because they're scheduled to be in like, Perth or something. But hey, I get to see them in Brisbane at the Zoo, which is like the awesome, little intimate, bar/venue dealie. Oh god. It's gonna be so very very very good.

Juniperberry! How amazing is the line up for Splendour? Oh, where do you live?

Are most of the Aussie boardies here underage? Because all this talk of fake IDs (you guys have the coolest parents if they're okay with this!) seems to point in that direction.

Is it just me or is this the first time OK Go will be in Australia?

I'm in Sydney and although Splendour isn't geographically an option for me there are posters EVERYWHERE! Wherever i go they're shoving the amazing line up in my face mad.gif but I do feel better now, knowing that if I had gone i'd have missed ok go in sydney.

I have no idea how many Aussie boardies there are on here but it seems stripygiraffe and me are under 18, but that's just in this topic. Haha I'm so impressed with my parents at the moment, i really didn't expect them to be so supportive and criminal.

and ok go have not been to Australia before which adds to the splendiferousness of the event biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif