In this Discussion

Pontiac Garage Video

edited November -1 in OK Go
I found concert footage of "Invincible" and "Do What You Want" on the Pontiac Garage website. Look under "Garage Performances". They are from the October 7 show in Ann Arbor before the U of M/Mich. State football game (hence, the footballs!) laugh.gif We were there - it was so much fun!

http://www.pontiac.com/divisional/newsevents/news_music.jsp

Comments

• o man i love it! thats really cool!! especially when damian was playing and then just like lifted his arm and count that football. and damian totally got hit in the face with like 3 footballs that one time. that was intense. o and andy looked so happy when he went to go throw that football into the stage haha

wait where did all the footballs come from?
  • There was a vendor from Ontario Tourism giving away all the little footballs as a promotion. Damian was especially fluid in catching and throwing them back, all while singing and playing the guitar.

Damian made a circle with his arms and challenged the crowd to a football throwing contest. He got totally pelted with mini footballs, and only ONE guy got it through. Here is what Damian told the audience after: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...eoid=1442307694

And the "Million Ways" dance was so awesome - the guys looked like they were having such a great time! Here's some of that from YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-Dcyx1kZZ8

Sorry I went link crazy!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Just reliving the concert is fun!
  • Oh! I've seen that pic of him with the ringed arms!-

I love the look on Tim's face happy.gif
  • Ah, Damian. Catching mini footballs mid-strum. Is there anything he can't do?

I almost went to that show. Now I wish I had, but I wasn't as crazy then as I am now. Plus, this was a week before the Cincinnati show on Fountain Square, which I organized, so I was a bit busy.
  • Why is it that Damian never gets the lyrics to 'Invincible' right? He gets mixed up with DECIMATE and DEVASTATE. It's pretty funny, unless he changes them on purpose.

Did anyone else catch the part where he kisses the mini football before tossing it back at the crowd?
    I mean, he did kiss it right? I sooo would have kept that football for ever and ever!
  • Bahaha, maybe he read that blog making fun of him for using "decimate" in the wrong context.

I seriously hadn't noticed him doing that, but it would be hilarious if that was why.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Dec 4 2006, 07:47 PM)
    Bahaha, maybe he read that blog making fun of him for using "decimate" in the wrong context.

I seriously hadn't noticed him doing that, but it would be hilarious if that was why.

Blog from the guys or some random person's blog? any idea where I can read this?
  • *Blows the dust off this old thread*

Last night, I finally figured out how to upload all of my husband's pictures from the Ann Arbor concert last October. The concert was actually on Damian's birthday (10/7), but I didn't know it at the time! smile.gif I joined the board the very next day, as you can see!

Anyway, I know we're all huge fans, but I'm *almost* embarrassed at the sheer number of pictures - almost 350! If you have the time, they are well worth checking out. About 75 of these pictures went into the scrapbook album I gave to Damian in December. When he saw them, he said "Awww. Look how happy we are." biggrin.gif

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dietpepsidrunk/

Edit: The pictures uploaded in reverse time order. Does anyone know how to fix that?
  • i'm in love with every single picture. smile.gif thanks sooooo much for sharing those.

but it makes me even more mad that i wasn't in ann arbor that weekend.

and they do look soooo happy
  • I know, Katie! It was the Michigan/Michigan State game! Where were you?! tongue.gif
  • STUCK IN FUCKING EAST LANSING!!

yeah. i was pissed. i was SUPPOSED to be there but my friend brought her stupid boyfriend w/ her instead of me... f. that.
  • Oh, that stinks! sad.gif It was pretty chaotic, with the game traffic and everything, but it was great! I wish we'd gotten more video, though.

EDIT: If you look at the Million Ways dance pictures in a slideshow - backwards and quickly - it looks like a video!
  • Those are some AMAZING pictures!! Thanks so much for sharing. Looks like they really enjoyed those footballs. They all have the cutest smiles. wub.gif
  • aw, I love those pics!! Thanks for sharing!
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Dec 5 2006, 12:21 AM)
    Blog from the guys or some random person's blog? any idea where I can read this?

I didn't see this at the time, sorry!!

http://lawofsympathy.blogspot.com/2005/12/...less-peeve.html
  • dietpepsi, thanks for sharing all your pictures! It's good to see them having so much fun. Btw, this is also going into my tour incidents project!
  • i seriously love how happy they all look in EVERY picture... i'm still obsessing about missing this... i live 45 mins away from stupid ann arbor.