In this Discussion

Spicks and Specks

edited November -1 in OK Go
They played the video for Here It Goes Again on Spicks and Specks tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is extremely very awesome as S&S is one of my favourite shows and i've been waiting for OK Go to appear
I seriously did not think i could love Adam Hills anymore, but when he said "Stick around for possibly the best video we have ever seen" my heart skipped a beat!!

oh my! mabye this points towards a member of the band actually being on the show when they come down under?!?!

ah aaaaaah AAAAAH biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

sooo happy right now, wednesday night is the best television night!!

I've never started a topic before but i figured since there was one for Jeapardy we can have a spicks and specks one

wub.gif

Comments

• I SAW IT!!! YAYZ!!!!

They didn't play all of it, which was silly, but they played enough to see Damian slipping.
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ May 23 2007, 07:54 AM)
    They played the video for Here It Goes Again on Spicks and Specks tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is extremely very awesome as S&S is one of my favourite shows and i've been waiting for OK Go to appear
    I seriously did not think i could love Adam Hills anymore, but when he said "Stick around for possibly the best video we have ever seen" my heart skipped a beat!!

oh my! mabye this points towards a member of the band actually being on the show when they come down under?!?!
    ah aaaaaah AAAAAH biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

sooo happy right now, wednesday night is the best television night!!
    I've never started a topic before but i figured since there was one for Jeapardy we can have a spicks and specks one

wub.gif

What is Spicks and Specks, other than the obvious answer - "A TV Show" ?
  • ^^ Spicks and Specks is a music quiz show on the ABC in Australia. The format was taken from the British show Never Mind The Buzzcocks, which you may have heard of. I don't think a US version ever took off.
    I was so excited last night i completely forgot hardly anyone would know what i was talking about, sorry.

I'm sooo glad you saw it giggleguy!!!!! For some reason we were taping it too so i can relive the moment over and over again lol
    aw it sucked that they stopped halfway through aye, they were just getting up to the tricky bits too =[

I got the most adorable messages from my friends asking if i was ok and saying how it made them think of me etc afterwards
    ahahaha they are too sweet
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ May 23 2007, 07:05 PM)
    ^^ Spicks and Specks is a music quiz show on the ABC in Australia. The format was taken from the British show Never Mind The Buzzcocks, which you may have heard of. I don't think a US version ever took off.

AHHHH!!!! Never Mind the Buzzcocks!!! There's a thread about that show on the Grownups Group, I <3 it!
  • Never Mind the Buzzcocks is brilliant! Just before S&S i was telling my parents about it and explaining how it is far superior to spicks and specks, that was until they showed OK Go.

I have the video from last night which i could upload to youtube if anyone wants it. I don't have an account though, so it may take a while to get up there.... ah what the heck, i'll do it anyway

It's not that exciting but you can never have to much OK Go!!!!
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ May 23 2007, 08:51 PM)
    Never Mind the Buzzcocks is brilliant! Just before S&S i was telling my parents about it and explaining how it is far superior to spicks and specks, that was until they showed OK Go.

I have the video from last night which i could upload to youtube if anyone wants it. I don't have an account though, so it may take a while to get up there.... ah what the heck, i'll do it anyway

It's not that exciting but you can never have to much OK Go!!!!

We definitely want it. :-)
  • DUDE! I totally saw that last night. I love it when they had that promo before the show and Adam was like "possibly the best music video you'll ever see." And I'm thinking "they're going to show OK Go!" but then another part of my brain was like "You just think that because you're obsessed!"

But they did show it at the end! And I screamed! And then did a little dance!!

Hee, I love how they compared it whith that other music video they used for the game with that really bad 80's band. Haha. Low budget indeed.

Ooh, how cool will it be if one of the guys is featured on the show? *Am imagining Tim riding that bike for that 'Malvern stars on 49" game.
  • YAR i saw that!
    but neither hamish nor andy was on it. And that upset me.
    DUDE! I totally saw that last night. I love it when they had that promo before the show and Adam was like "possibly the best music video you'll ever see." And I'm thinking "they're going to show OK Go!" but then another part of my brain was like "You just think that because you're obsessed!"

HAHAHA I missed that bit but my Mum saw it and decided not to tell me. Possibly because if it wasnt ok go i would become very angry/upset and cry and also because if they did play ok go she thought it would be better as a surprise... and it was!

I have been hoping with all my might that they'll get one of the guys on the show. omg imagine if the guests were all members of the band, that would be intense!!
    LOL i would love to see Tim do Malvern Stars on 49 and also Damian doing substitute!!!

so apparently if you follow this link you can see my poorly edited video ---->Spicks and Specks
    It may just work.

Stripygiraffe, where is Hamish!?! i miss him, and Andy too. Have they even been on this series?
  • aaaa, the Australian accent is so sexy!! I was drooling while I was watching that.

(hehe, why do I have the feeling that Damian is going to attempt an Australian accent when he comes in August?)
  • ^^oooh that means my video worked! yes!

Adam, the host's, aussie accent is so cute, must be cause he's a shire boy happy.gif

i went through my school diary today and its 64 days until (hopefully) Damian attempts an aussie accent