In this Discussion

Damian Talks to PETA

edited November -1 in OK Go
Well, well, well, this is right up my alley. I am an animal-rights activist myself, as well as a shelter volunteer and adopter of three recently homeless animals, so seeing this really put a smile on my face.

http://www.peta2.com/STUFF/s-okgo-giveaway.asp?c=918

Don't let the link name fool you; the only thing being given away here is dog/cat food. But you can watch Damian talk about dogfighting, neutering, and his two dogs, Dora and Bunny Carlos (which also answered my question about whether or not he still had Ella).

"Can you imagine training your kid to be a total fucking asshole? You wouldn't want to live with your kid anymore."

Don't even think about putting this quote in your sig. It's taken. biggrin.gif

In a semi-related topic, here is MY recent adoption:

I named her Andie because I sang "Beautiful Girl" immediately upon seeing her through the cage bars.

Comments

• i absolutely loved the video... and your new pup is ADORABLE
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ May 31 2007, 06:09 PM)
    i absolutely loved the video... and your new pup is ADORABLE

i 2nd this
  • thx for posting this :)This is cute! even though I am scared to death of dogs
  • I love that video, Jen. My only thing is that I wonder if the "Bunny Carlos" thing is correct, because the guy from Cheap Trick is named "Bun E. Carlos". But then I had a dog named Biscut for 17 years because I couldn't spell when we got him, so who knows?

What do you know about Ella, btw? That caught my attention and I was wondering about the third dog.
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ May 31 2007, 09:53 AM)
    "Can you imagine training your kid to be a total fucking asshole? You wouldn't want to live with your kid anymore."

Has Damian been sneaking into my classroom again? tongue.gif

Oh, Jennifer, she's beautiful! Don't you have to fight the urge to kiss her face off?
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ May 31 2007, 12:21 PM)
    I love that video, Jen. My only thing is that I wonder if the "Bunny Carlos" thing is correct, because the guy from Cheap Trick is named "Bun E. Carlos". But then I had a dog named Biscut for 17 years because I couldn't spell when we got him, so who knows?

What do you know about Ella, btw? That caught my attention and I was wondering about the third dog.

Oh, then OF COURSE it is correct. Bun E. Carlos? From Cheap Trick? I just named my dog Andie after ARoss, and Dami named his after Cheap Trick. biggrin.gif I'm just going off of what PETA told me.

I actually don't know a whole lot about Ella except that she probably passed away sometime recently, as she would have been eleven years old by now. sad.gif She was Damian's first dog (out of college) and she was named after the alphabet (full name was ellamennopee, LMNOP). I wanted to ask Damian about her, but I was afraid of touching a nerve if she was indeed deceased.

Someone feel free to jump in if any of this is incorrect.
  • QUOTE (mumblo @ May 31 2007, 01:22 PM)
    Oh, Jennifer, she's beautiful! Don't you have to fight the urge to kiss her face off?

You have no idea. Specifically why I named her what I named her. biggrin.gif
  • hahaha amazingly clever t-dog wink.gif

what kind of dog is she? if you know? i'm only assuming she's a mix
  • Aww, T.dog got a dog! Hot dog! What a cutie too.
  • Thanks for posting this. I adopted my puppy from the ASPCA and I think more people should. And I've heard of these fighting dogs. A dog on my block had gotta attacked by a pit bull that used to do those fights in Mexico. The pit bull just died from one of those fights. I think its terrible what they do.

I loved the whole "it was pure doggy love". Makes me want to bring my dog to the kennels to find a friend.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ May 31 2007, 10:58 PM)
    hahaha amazingly clever t-dog wink.gif
    what kind of dog is she? if you know? i'm only assuming she's a mix

She certainly is a mutt. smile.gif I LOVE the name Mutt. The "correct" term is half-breed, but mutt just sounds so fun!

The shelter said she is a mix between a rottweiller and a husky, but I would have to say that she also has some beagle in her. That is the only breed I am seeing, aside from rottweiller (because of her brindle coloring).
  • hahah i was going to say mutt too, but some people REALLY don't like that name... i do smile.gif

aww, i used to have a beagle mix... she was mixed with a basset and the only thing basset about her was that she was shorter and stockier and had super long ears lol. but everything else about her was beagle... those are great. she has kind of a husky snout... but then again from the pic i don't see much husky either

okay when i was little i was obsessed with dogs. no lie. and i'm not allowed to have one in the house i live in, buuuuut as soon as i move out i'm getting on again. smile.gif

damian is awesome.
  • awww!
    thanks for posting this, what a great vid.

and your dog is sooo cute!
  • Your dog is SO CUTE I WANT TO EAT IT!
    I mean, pet it. smile.gif hee!

My LOVESSSSSSSSSS

Damian is so handsome, I WANT TO EAT HIS FACE TOO! AH! I mean, pet his face. Sigh <3 He's so cute and clever. Sigh <3

smile.gif

Puppies and Damian, the cutest things in the WORLD
  • i think not being allowed to have pets in this house makes me want them EVEN more... i looooove my pets and i can't even have them here.. i am bound and determined to get a pup when i move out of this house NEXT fall...
  • I work as a dog-walker, so I'm totally down with what Damian is saying.

That said, I have a strong distrust for PETA. Their theatrics skew them closer to the performance art end of the spectrum than towards activism that can help people, they have little sense of perspective, and up until recently they've been down on pet ownership.

It would have been terrific if Damian had recorded this for the ASPCA or the California SPCA.

Oh well, at least the message is valid...
  • QUOTE (Stany @ Jun 8 2007, 09:16 AM)
    I work as a dog-walker, so I'm totally down with what Damian is saying.

That said, I have a strong distrust for PETA. Their theatrics skew them closer to the performance art end of the spectrum than towards activism that can help people, they have little sense of perspective, and up until recently they've been down on pet ownership.

It would have been terrific if Damian had recorded this for the ASPCA or the California SPCA.

Oh well, at least the message is valid...

I do agree with you - PETA is not nearly as respectable an organization at the ASPCA (their recent attacks on Kosher slaughter practices were so ignorant it made my brain hurt), but what's important is the message. Damian's not on there doing theatrics, he's really just talking about actual animal cruelty, why it needs to be stopped, and what people can do to stop it. Which is why I didn't get all up in arms about it being PETA.

But yeah, I am not a fan of theirs either.