In this Discussion

OKGO and eBay

edited November -1 in OK Go
Hey everyone.

I'm an independent filmmaker shooting a low-budget art flick in the Greater Boston area, and I'm having some eBay auctions to pay for our last round of shooting. OKGO -- via their booking agent Pete -- sent us an autographed flipbook of the "Million Ways" and "HIGA" dance videos.

Here are my questions:

1. When this auction goes live (which will probably be Sunday afternoon or Monday morning), would it be possible for me to post it here? (I know some boards are kinda tetchy about posting online auctions, so it never hurts to ask.)

2. Is this flipbook rare? I know that eBay auctioneers will label anything that's not standard form rare, no matter how well-distributed it is. I also know that the flipbook is on sale through their online store. Could I get away with calling the flipbook rare, or would that be a misnomer?

Incidentially, if you want to see a portion of the film for which we are raising completion funds, you can go here: http://www.lumeneclipse.com/gallery/09/Spear/index.html My personal website is at http://www.ogygia-avenue.com

Thanks so much for your insights!

--Chelsea (aka Stany)

Comments

• 1. Absolutely!

2. I'm not sure if I would call the flipbook itself rare, because, like you said, it's available in the online store as well as the merch table at shows..but maybe the autograph makes it rare..?
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jun 7 2007, 03:49 PM)
    I'm not sure if I would call the flipbook itself rare, because, like you said, it's available in the online store as well as the merch table at shows..but maybe the autograph makes it rare..?

I figured as much. That said, I know a lot of eBay auctions get tagged as "rare" when the item is not, in fact, that rare. The autograph does make it special, though.
  • where in greater boston?

just curious...

and I agree, that all sounds fine. Good luck!
  • QUOTE (Stany @ Jun 7 2007, 10:09 PM)
    The autograph does make it special, though.

I suppose you could label it "special".....??
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Jun 7 2007, 05:00 PM)
    where in greater boston?

just curious...

Hey Meg:

I'm in Medford, gateway to Somerville. Are you also a Bostonite?

(I someday hope to make a film with the OKGO guys in cameo roles. Ha ha, like that would ever happen.)
  • yep yep!
    I've lived in Wakefield my whole life.

my grandmother grew up in medford, haha. that's all I actually know about it =P

nice to have more boston dwellers, though. there's a couple of us, I think, that post regularly.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Jun 10 2007, 01:27 AM)
    yep yep!
    I've lived in Wakefield my whole life.

my grandmother grew up in medford, haha. that's all I actually know about it =P

Do you know Katherine Sullivan? She was the star of my first short film. I still talk to her mom on occasion.
  • haha, yeah. she's at Tufts, which is in medford... it all makes sense now =O

I'ma PM you now so we can get back to talking about Ok Go here.
  • Update on the auction thing:

It will most likely go live tomorrow. There have been a few pressing personal things I've needed to take care of, and it looks like most of those have been wrapped up. I'll post a link here and send OKGoCentral's Sheri the link when it's finally up.

My apologies for how long this has dragged on. (I hope that I'm not jinxing myself by doing this a few days before Mercury retrogrades....)
  • I didn't know the flipbook was finally on the online store!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!

Good luck on the auction!