In this Discussion

Hot Hot Heat

edited November -1 in General Discussion
So I recently (I know, I know where the hell have I been for the past few years?) got into Hot Hot Heat and I really, really like them now. Can anyone suggest other similar groups that I should listen to? I've been sadly lacking new music. Help! smile.gif

Comments

• i don't have any suggestions but

Hot Hot Heat is awesome
    whats you favorite song?

and don't worry i just got into them recently too!!

I like them a lot
  • WELL.

I know of a band from around my hometown's general area that's getting off to a good start. They actually were an opening band for Hot Hot Heat a little while back up in OKC. They're "The Stock Market Crash":

here.

But whether or not they sound like Hot Hot Heat, I can't give a certain answer. All I know is that The Stock Market Crash opened for them once, therefor their sound might be a little alike to someone's ears...

I hope you enjoy. =) They're awesome even if they don't sound like Hot Hot Heat. =/
  • just dont eveer buy the first HHH album, it sounds like it was recorded in a bathroom
  • haha ok I won't.

I think my favorite song would be either "In Cairo" or "Talk to Me, Dance With Me."

I like The Stock Market Crash. I'll have to listen to more of them, but so far I like what I've heard. Thanks!
  • talk to me dance with me is one of my favourite hhh songs too.

I love em lots.

there most reacent album is amazing. CANNOT WAIT FOR NEXT ALBUM!

I've been waiting forevers! damn !
  • middle of nowhere, and island of the honest man are by far my two fave songs

each album has been 60% better then the previous

so the new stuff will be mind blowingly awesome if the trend continues
  • Are they releasing a new album soon? My friend and I were having a long discussion about this the other day . . .

but my favorite songs are Oh, Godamnit and Middle of Nowhere.
  • ooooo. I love HHH!!!! My favorite is Bandages.

And I can't wait until their next album. It should be amazing....
  • Uhhhh similar bands? Let's see.

I'd recommend

-The Features (the lead singer can be a bit wail-y, but it has the similar kind of music builds, though without the keyboard)

-Muse (definitely. They have the same electronic keyboard-y sound, though the lead singer is pretty different and a tad slurry, but my friends looove them and I must agree, they're definitely not bad at all)

-Of Montreal (I don't know why I'm really recommending this in the same vein as Hot Hot Heat, but they're a good, pop-y band anyway so I'll throw them in)

-Weezer (only because they toured with Hot Hot Heat not too long ago, not really for any comparison's sake, but ONLY their earlier things. Think: Pinkerton, the Blue album, NOT this new Beverly Hills bullshit).

Uhhh that's all I can think of, and even those are loose comparisons at best. I think it's a testament to their ability as artists if I'm having a hard time finding comparison artists and resorting to people they've toured with instead.
    HOT HOT HEAT VIDEO SHOOT

If you live in the Los Angeles area, are 18 years or older and would like to be in the music video for Hot Hot Heat's upcoming single "Let Me In," then we need YOU this Saturday, June 30th for the shooting! Extra spots are limited so, if this criteria fits you please email the following information to hhheat@gmail.com. If chosen you will be contacted via phone and email with all the details for the video shoot.

Name
    Age (must have valid ID)
    Phone
    Email
    Photo

BOOOO! COME TO TORONTO AND DO A VIDEO SHOOT! BOOO!

lol why can't I live in LA?

all you LAies do this, you'd gain sooo many cool points.
  • Meh, they should come to Chicago and shoot the video. I would totally be in it.

Modest Mouse shot a video near the South Loop area of Chicago a couple of months ago. It was pretty kick ass, though I didn't get to be in it.
  • Hey!! I was at the HHH music video shoot on Saturday!! It was soooo much fun and the guys are super cool, sweet, and sooo nice too smile.gif

So everyone, look out for me. lol. laugh.gif laugh.gif

I got pics with them too. All but Paul, the drummer...Hot Hot Heat Let Me In Music Video Shoot

I made a little blog on my myspace. I'll post it here since it's on private:

Hot Hot Heat- "Let Me In" Video Shoot

So, I got a call back to be an extra in HHH video for their new single "Let Me In" (I honestly think anyone who responded and was available for shooting last minute got called back. lol). Nevertheless, I was excited . So they told us to bring 2-3 wardrobe options (which we never changed into), NO black, white, stripes, or brights. And, the best part, it was taken at the Echoplex! Which is only about 2-3 months old. It is under The Echo which is a tiny venue off of Sunset Blvd. I've been to The Echo a couple times before and I have stumbled into the Echoplex once before.

So arriving at 8:30pm, there was lots of sitting and waiting and sitting and waiting some more. It was very boring yet fun at the same time. I met another "extra" named Jen and we were "friends" in line. She was so nice to talk to! Half of the extras were waiting outside in line while the other half were doing odd things inside the venue. I was outside in line for about 5 hours. They gave us water and Red Bull. But it was fun seeing all this Hollywood behind the scenes stuff. And, of course, Steve Bays would walk right past us during the video. He is such a sweeeeet guy!

Anyways, the night was ending and they did some shots of the band performing the song on stage. The extras were allowed to go home anytime. Jen and myself decided to stick around. Come on, we were there since 8:30 what's another hour, right? (It was already 2:30 am or so) We were the last extras there and got to chat with the rest of the band and take pictures with them. I didn't get a picture with Paul, the drummer, though. Oh well.

We also met Oscar, the guy behind their myspace. He is so nice as well. And he told us that Steve actually checks the myspace page and answers some of the comments if it's addressed to him. Otherwise, it's Oscar. We also met Zach, the MAN who signed HHH to the Warner Bros. Record Label.

It was an awesome night which ended just before 4am. It was fun and a great experience. Thank you HHH!!!!! I can't wait to see the video and to buy the new album.
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ Jul 2 2007, 04:39 AM)
    Hey!! I was at the HHH music video shoot on Saturday!! It was soooo much fun and the guys are super cool, sweet, and sooo nice too smile.gif

I got pics with them too. All but Paul, the drummer...Hot Hot Heat Let Me In Music Video Shoot

So, I got a call back to be an extra in HHH video for their new single "Let Me In" (I honestly think anyone who responded and was available for shooting last minute got called back. lol). Nevertheless, I was excited . So they told us to bring 2-3 wardrobe options (which we never changed into), NO black, white, stripes, or brights. And, the best part, it was taken at the Echoplex! Which is only about 2-3 months old. It is under The Echo which is a tiny venue off of Sunset Blvd. I've been to The Echo a couple times before and I have stumbled into the Echoplex once before.

So arriving at 8:30pm, there was lots of sitting and waiting and sitting and waiting some more. It was very boring yet fun at the same time. I met another "extra" named Jen and we were "friends" in line. She was so nice to talk to! Half of the extras were waiting outside in line while the other half were doing odd things inside the venue. I was outside in line for about 5 hours. They gave us water and Red Bull. But it was fun seeing all this Hollywood behind the scenes stuff. And, of course, Steve Bays would walk right past us during the video. He is such a sweeeeet guy!

Anyways, the night was ending and they did some shots of the band performing the song on stage. The extras were allowed to go home anytime. Jen and myself decided to stick around. Come on, we were there since 8:30 what's another hour, right? (It was already 2:30 am or so) We were the last extras there and got to chat with the rest of the band and take pictures with them. I didn't get a picture with Paul, the drummer, though. Oh well.

We also met Oscar, the guy behind their myspace. He is so nice as well. And he told us that Steve actually checks the myspace page and answers some of the comments if it's addressed to him. Otherwise, it's Oscar. We also met Zach, the MAN who signed HHH to the Warner Bros. Record Label.

It was an awesome night which ended just before 4am. It was fun and a great experience. Thank you HHH!!!!! I can't wait to see the video and to buy the new album.

oh wow!

this all sounds amazing times
  • Hmmmm, I've always thought Head Automatica sounded a lot like Hot Hot Heat. And Modest Mouse does too, sometimes.

Goodnight Goodnight is by Hot Hot Heat, right? I'd say that's my favorite song by them. And of course, You Owe Me An IOU.
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ Jul 1 2007, 10:39 PM)
    Hey!! I was at the HHH music video shoot on Saturday!! It was soooo much fun and the guys are super cool, sweet, and sooo nice too smile.gif

oh wow.
    that is so awesome!!!!!!!!!

lucky!
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ Jul 1 2007, 11:39 PM)

TOTALLY RAD!
    12 trillion COOL POINTS!
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Jun 27 2007, 07:15 PM)
    BOOOO! COME TO TORONTO AND DO A VIDEO SHOOT! BOOO!

lol why can't I live in LA?

all you LAies do this, you'd gain sooo many cool points.

QUOTE (agentnumone @ Jul 3 2007, 07:43 PM)
    TOTALLY RAD!
    12 trillion COOL POINTS!

Hahahaahah! laugh.gif laugh.gif I was wondering how many cool points I would receive. Awesome!! Thanks Agentnumone smile.gif
  • Yea actually HHH is a really unique band. I've tried looking but had no luck. Even when I tried to see who influences them I didn't find anything. But if you like them you may like We Are The Fury or The Fratellis.
  • their new album is streaming on myspace!!!

http://www.myspace.com/hothotheat
  • shizz! its good!

I mean no elevator. but its fun! i'll probably like it in more in better quality and after a couple of listens

cute and fun songs. Oh Hot Hot Heat. I heart thee.