In this Discussion

The Electra Discussion Thread

edited November -1 in OK Go
Is this the form of the illustrious Electra that I behold?

Comments

• oh my!

an alie forum, just like in the dreams!
  • Wow, Miss Allie, a forum all for you! :-D

First you get straight A's, then you get to ride a bus in a dress and heels, and NOW the Forums are all about you! You're fabulous.
  • Yay! It's Alice's turn to bask in the OK Go Sunshine!

I just wanted to say that it pleases me that you have such obvious affection for your parents. They sound great and I bet they're proud of you! biggrin.gif
  • Aww I know!
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Aug 18 2007, 09:11 PM)
    Hmmmm... I think that the thing I'm most proud of, when it comes to accomplishments, is my voluntary work at the hospital. I work in childrens' diabetic clinics, and the doctor has given me my own consulting room where I go to talk to the patients without doctors being there, so that I can help with more of the practical side of living with diabetes. I also teach newly diagnosed diabetics how to look after themselves - I even taught a 9 year old girl how to inject herself with her insulin. I recently got an email from her mom telling me that she's now doing all her injections, without help, thanks to me smile.gif That's my greatest accomplishment, I think.

this is reason #6 why alie is full of awesome
  • Awww you guys are so sweet! wub.gif

Rachel - I didn't have to ride the bus in my dress after all - I got a lift. Mwahaha!

And Theresa - awww thank you! Yep, I'm pretty proud of my parents (most of the time lol). As parents go, they're great people. You're so lovely - your kids are lucky to have you, dear!
  • You are an amazing person Alice. You will make a great doctor!
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Aug 18 2007, 03:30 PM)
    this is reason 6# why alie is full of awesome

I could not agree more. I think anyone who can look back on his/her life and name three people whose lives they changed for the better (especially when those people are not releated to them) really lived. That's one of hers already, which is just awesome.
  • QUOTE (sprocket @ Aug 18 2007, 05:34 PM)
    I could not agree more. I think anyone who can look back on his/her life and name three people whose lives they changed for the better (especially when those people are not releated to them) really lived. That's one of hers already, which is just awesome.

You're right. I hope I've changed someone's life, or will in the future.
  • Oh wow!
    wub.gif

You're all such sweethearts!
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Aug 19 2007, 01:25 AM)
    I got annoyed by undersized breasts and underrepresentation of redheads. laugh.gif

this is reason #4 why alie is full of awesome
  • QUOTE (sprocket @ Aug 18 2007, 05:34 PM)

Hear hear! I tell people about Allie and her diabetes work all the time, actually.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Aug 21 2007, 07:39 AM)
    Hell yes - I've been listening to The Beatles for as long as I can remember. And I end up quoting their films in everyday conversation, but no one seems to understand when I laugh >.<

Reporter: How did you find America?
    John: Turned left at Greenland.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reporter: Are you a mod, or a rocker?
    Ringo: Um, no. I'm a mocker.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reporter: Do you think these haircuts have come to stay?
    Ringo: Well, this one has. You know, it's stuck on good and proper now.
    Reporter: What would you call that hairstyle you're wearing?
    George: Arthur.
    Reporter: What do you call that collar?
    Ringo: A collar.
    Reporter: Do you often see you father?
    Paul: No, actually were just close friends.

Yet another reason to love Alice!! biggrin.gif
    Hahah I want to hear I Am Thesaurus!

Hee! It's a parody done by an Aussie news satire show called "The Chaser's War on Everything"

I Am Thesaurus
  • ^^ Bahahahaa that song's hilarious, thanks LolaBert!

And Theresa - I love those interviews. My dad has the same kind of humor so I get it constantly at home biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Aug 23 2007, 04:04 PM)
    ooo!
    1) when will you come to the east coast? oh! hahaha! february! you're going to NY! ok, cross off this question. Maybe I'll come up and stalk you and Rachel!

You can't stalk people who invite you to join them, Sally. Sorry to disappoint. wink.gif
  • QUOTE (LolaBert @ Aug 22 2007, 10:05 AM)
    Hee! It's a parody done by an Aussie news satire show called "The Chaser's War on Everything"

I Am Thesaurus

Bahahaha! That was so good.
    laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Aug 31 2007, 07:15 AM)
    Fingerless gloves, otherwise I drop things. I mean, I drop things anyway, so with gloves or mittens it's even harder. But Damian held my hand because I was wearing no gloves in February, so I now have an inordinate fondness for freezing my fingers instead of wearing gloves.

*MOLLY WEASLEY ALERT*

Oh Allie. For heaven's sake. I adore him and do ridiculous things too, but nothing that's going to jeopardize my health. Especially, *ahem* my EXTREMITIES!

Silly girl. I'm going to get you a pair of the mittens that can convert to fingerless gloves this winter. No arguing.

/Molly Weasley.
  • Haha aww Rachel!

You know, there are such a thing as pockets laugh.gif
    There are also scarves with pockets in them biggrin.gif