Oct 24th Check your ponytail @ Safari Sams, LA, CA
Oct 25th NME club night @ Spaceland, LA, CA
Oct 26th Popscene @ 300 Ritch, San Francisco, CA
Oct 28th North Six, Brooklyn, NY

near to you?

go see

http://www.myspace.com/thekooksbrighton

very good band people

been into them about a year now i think?

yet to see them as they "arctic monkey'd" so sold out everywhere before i could see them

Comments

• QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Aug 19 2006, 11:18 PM)
    yet to see them as they "arctic monkey'd" so sold out everywhere before i could see them

lol.

Sorry Andy, but I might have a counter opinion. I prefer their cd than live performance.
    I've seen them twice, they played pretty good except the way Luke sang. I wanted to say, "Take it easy, young boy". I thought he kinda decreased magic of their nice melodies. The boys looked lovely tho.
    Maybe I'm twisted, The Kooks are getting big in Japan.
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Aug 20 2006, 12:18 AM)

apart from The Kooks are actually good.

Ooooooh.
  • upper room, are better then the both of them..
  • I quite like the Kooks, although it annoyed me when they released Naive (or a whatever the first single was..I forget) and the radio overplayed it (as freaking usual).

However, Boy Kill Boy > The Kooks.
  • I was watching Subterranean on MTV2 last night because they were showcasing UK bands, and the Kooks happened to be one of them. From what I saw and heard, I happen to like them.

I like the music that is coming out of the UK right now, it's really good.
  • england is the hotbed for amazing music
  • i really like all those songs that aren't on the album (even though the album's great, but right now i like the other songs a bit more) ...demos and stuff.
  • I kiiind of like them, but none of those dates are around me.
  • i saw them in may. i'd love to see them again in LA but i don't know my way around LA at all
  • ^^
    are they coming to l.a.??
    i havent heard anything. oh, and there's always mapquest wink.gif
  • all the dates i posted in here are like a year old now, so dont take them for anything

the kooks did "arctic monkey" over here, a fellow rockstar said

"the kooks were waveing there arses in the air waiting to be fucked by radio one"

and i tend to agree..
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Sep 4 2007, 08:38 PM)
    ^^
    are they coming to l.a.??
    i havent heard anything. oh, and there's always mapquest wink.gif

according to the dates up there they are.but i guess i see now the dates are wrong.

anywho i hate razorliht, and i know johnny said that quote but he says nonsense all the time because he happens to think he's god's gift to music. the kooks, the arctic monkeys, bands like them become popular because the people want them to be, the uk raises them up to godlike status then a year later drops them. i'd hate to make it big there because you know it won't mean anything in a year's time.
  • ...ooo la, the world just chewed her up and spat her out....
  • Ugh! I so badly wanted to see them when I got back from England and they were playing in Boston a few days later. But they were sold out ...how lame. I hate when bands I love sell it, it depresses me greatly. And now they aren't going to be near enough for me to see. Andykins, why must you turn me onto bands that I love and then am forever destined to never see?
  • QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Sep 17 2007, 05:41 AM)
    Ugh! I so badly wanted to see them when I got back from England and they were playing in Boston a few days later. But they were sold out ...how lame. I hate when bands I love sell it, it depresses me greatly. And now they aren't going to be near enough for me to see. Andykins, why must you turn me onto bands that I love and then am forever destined to never see?

well if you saw them when i got you into them =p

as i was like months ahead of the trends again on that one