In this Discussion

Sara Bareilles

edited November -1 in General Discussion
I never had heard of this girl until this past Saturday. She opened up for Maroon 5, and I was completely blown away!! I rarely EVER like female vocalists, but she was fabulous... if you are open minded to the lady singers, she is DEFINITELY worth checking out...

www.sarabmusic.com

www.myspace.com/sarabareilles

Her song 'Vegas' was on The Hills tonight, if anyone watches it... haha I know I do smile.gif but for real guys. Give her a listen.

Comments

• Awww. I love Sara B! I saw her open for Aqualung back in May and she was amazing. I don't think I've ever been so impressed with an opener before. Her drummer is super nice too. She got super big when iTunes made one of her songs the single of the week.
  • she's also on VH1's Artists to Watch or something like that... one of my friends has Love Song as a ringtone... i was totally shocked... I hope she really takes off... i really don't care for female singers, as i said, but SHE ROCKS!
  • I've never heard of her, but I shall have a listen.
  • Yes, you should check her out! I really want to see her play again, but the next time she's going to be in town is with James Blunt, so obviously I'm not going to that. I actually could have seen her for free a few months ago, but I wasn't 21. dry.gif
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Dec 2 2007, 05:49 AM)
    Yes, you should check her out! I really want to see her play again, but the next time she's going to be in town is with James Blunt, so obviously I'm not going to that. I actually could have seen her for free a few months ago, but I wasn't 21. dry.gif

... oh now i'm smiling because of what you said about James Blunt... haha,... i can't stand him...

oh and I never heard of her, but i definately will listen to her.

And why don't you all like female singers?? I just love KT Tunstall, Kate Nash or Regina Spektor...
  • I like female singers, there just aren't that many good ones though. And of the 3 you mentioned KT Tunstall is okish, but I love Regina Spektor, the other one, I don't care about lol
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Oct 2 2007, 05:29 AM)
    I never had heard of this girl until this past Saturday. She opened up for Maroon 5, and I was completely blown away!! I rarely EVER like female vocalists, but she was fabulous... if you are open minded to the lady singers, she is DEFINITELY worth checking out...

www.sarabmusic.com

www.myspace.com/sarabareilles

Her song 'Vegas' was on The Hills tonight, if anyone watches it... haha I know I do smile.gif but for real guys. Give her a listen.

I saw some of her stuff on VH1 and I checked out some songs on her myspace. She's pretty cool. If you like her, maybe you should check out Rose Rossi. She's a bit mellow than Sarah and plays guitar instead of piano. But check out Rose if you're into the whole Indie Rock female music scene.

myspace.com/roserossi

• QUOTE (Pearl @ Dec 1 2007, 10:35 PM)
    I've never heard of her, but I shall have a listen.

doooo it, pearly smile.gif

QUOTE (mayonaise @ Dec 2 2007, 12:22 AM)
    And why don't you all like female singers?? I just love KT Tunstall, Kate Nash or Regina Spektor...

I dunno, I guess I'm just NEVER impressed. Like, if you were to look through my cd collection, I don't think you'd really find anything at all. It's like, a chick with a guitar, cool. It all sounds the same to me. But for some reason, Sara really grabbed my attention. However.. i DO enjoy KT Tunstall... Regina, what I've heard of hers is good, but I don't know much because I hardly give the ladies a fair shot wink.gif
  • I just know Love Song from Sara Bereilles.
    I think she sings pretty good.
    But I don't really listen to female singers
    except Pink,Avril Lavigne,Anastacia and some others.
  • I haven't really liked a female singer since Sarah McLachlan/Alanis way in the 90s. But I think Sara Bareilles is wonderful and I hope we don't have to wait a long time for a new album!
  • I LOVE SARA BAREILLES!!!

Her first cd, "Careful Confessions", is so soulful and deep, like her lyrics just... fill me with love and break my heart at the same time. "Little Voice" is my least favourite cd of hers, but Kaleidoscope Heart is awesome. "King of Anything", just to begin with - GEEZ what an awesome song.