In this Discussion

Summer Heights High

edited November -1 in General Discussion
so do any of the aussies here watch Summer Heights High? It has to be one of the funniest shows i've seen in recent times [or maybe ever...]... Chris Lilley has to be one of the funniest comedians [pretty good actor too..] ever... it's quite similar to 'we can be heroes'... but a lot funnier.... laugh.gif

so what are your thoughts on this show...??

http://abc.net.au/tv/summerheightshigh/#home
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_Heights_High

Comments

• I think it's pretty funny. I mean, Chris Lilley has nothing on the Chaser but he's still an amazing actor! I remember Mr G from the Big Bite all those years ago... the character has changed a lot though. Did you ever see the Big Bite?

I actually find every second week I don't enjoy it as much oh and Ja'mie is just... she's so much like people I know, it can get very uncomfortable.

I think it's turning into the ausssie Little Britain, as far as people who think they're hilarious quoting it non-stop. That tends to grind on my nerves a bit and is probably why I enjoy only every second ep laugh.gif

I hope that made some sense...
  • i loved the big bite! ...yeah, some of the people are a lot like poeple i know... which is weird, becuase he's trying to exagerate... but i know people that would do some of the stuff...

there is so many people going round school quoting jonah... which is mindly amusing [some poeple in my year got suspended for telling the teacher to 'puck off'... i laughed... (i wasn't there... but when i heard about it i laughed)]... and ja'mie for that matter... 'public schools are so random' ...i go to a public school.. laugh.gif
  • Oh yes!
    I really only like 1/3 of this show and that's the Ja'mie (is that how you spell it?) parts of it! It's so accurate! It really crazily is! I mean, just the way that the conversations are portrayed (totally jumbled and not clear cut) is so true. "I'll see you tonight on msn!" God, that brings me back...(not too far, I've only been out of school for a year!)

This show reminds me of everything I hated about school.

Haha, I thought I was the only one who watched the Big Bite. Channel seven never has any luck with their shows do they?

Is there a big difference between public and private schools? The public schools around me had WAY better facilities than the private ones.
  • QUOTE (smeja @ Oct 3 2007, 10:53 PM)
    i loved the big bite! ...yeah, some of the people are a lot like poeple i know... which is weird, becuase he's trying to exagerate... but i know people that would do some of the stuff...

there is so many people going round school quoting jonah... which is mindly amusing [some poeple in my year got suspended for telling the teacher to 'puck off'... i laughed... (i wasn't there... but when i heard about it i laughed)]... and ja'mie for that matter... 'public schools are so random' ...i go to a public school.. laugh.gif

omg the jonah quoting! "have you got your period or what miss?" Oh and then there are the people who doodle the dick-tation thing on the whiteboard. i don't know... last night i was cringing throughout the entire show. There were some really funny parts though I just can't remember them.

QUOTE (LolaBert @ Oct 4 2007, 07:22 AM)
    Is there a big difference between public and private schools? The public schools around me had WAY better facilities than the private ones.

That's a bit strange i would think... usually private schools get loads more facilities, since they have funding from the students and their parents plus a ridiculous amount from the government. Public schools don't tend to be very well off... in my area. I'm confused now laugh.gif
  • ^^ I think the public vs private school matter in your area is way more common JB - that is that private schools get better facilities and what not.

Rats, I missed it this week. I was too busy watching the crapola that was Las Vegas. The good thing about this show is that you can podcast it for free from iTunes.
  • Biatch, my school had the Australian and Chinese Olympic teams train in our pool, that's hwo much we were the Shizz.

Private Schools FTW
  • ^^ laugh.gif But you had the strict uniform thing and that rule (what was it 30cm?) with the opposite sex

My school wins because it's sinking. No joke. It was built over clay and now one side is slowly sinking in. The windows have been taped up and there's this one classroom we're not allowed to enter cause it has a HUGE crack right through the middle of it.

Public Schools FTW
    yeah, i know you're jealous.
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Oct 6 2007, 10:15 AM)
    ^^ laugh.gif But you had the strict uniform thing and that rule (what was it 30cm?) with the opposite sex

My school wins because it's sinking. No joke. It was built over clay and now one side is slowly sinking in. The windows have been taped up and there's this one classroom we're not allowed to enter cause it has a HUGE crack right through the middle of it.

Public Schools FTW
    yeah, i know you're jealous.

Ya, 'cause they were raising CLASSY LADIES. lol.

Really, all it taught most people was how to hook up secretly without being caught. Which is awesome if any of us ever become famous. The Paps will never catch us out, yo.