In this Discussion

What should we name Green Thing?

edited November -1 in General Discussion
Name it!

Comments

• Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore!
  • I vote Ted. Then you should get him a best friend, name him Bill, and the two of them can go on excellent adventures together. biggrin.gif
  • ^^ hahaha, good plan!
  • TED FTW!!!

You can't name him Hugo. My cars name is Hugo (and incidentally it is green).
  • QUOTE (KristaMichelle @ Oct 6 2007, 09:02 PM)
    I vote Ted. Then you should get him a best friend, name him Bill, and the two of them can go on excellent adventures together. biggrin.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif
    Most Excellent idea!
  • plus, it kinda looks like a Ted.

more so than the other names, anyways.
  • Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore because it's cool and not because of Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore! because i have a cousin named j*orge tongue.gif
  • Im pretty sure naming it Ted and finding a friend to be bill is the greatest idea ever.
  • ^^yeah, that totally swayed my vote.

and now i have remembered Keanu Reeves was in that movie. I hope he wasn't Ted... cause if he was, poor little Green Thing will turn into a completely hopeless and wooden actor! sad.gif

edit: i think he was Ted! Oh no!
  • he already has the blank stare down...

*sigh* i hearted Keanu as Ted...
  • Actually, Ted was the only character Keanu has ever pulled off convincingly. As long as Green Thing sticks to Ted we might be OK. But if he EVER tries Jonathon Harker... lord help us!

(i'm just a bit bitter cause that sad excuse for an actor has a star on the walk of fame and my gary oldman does not)
  • I LoVE this thread and I can't explain why! What is the story behind the green thing?

Lol, he truly looks like a Ted.

But whatever you do, do NOT name him after any characters in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. That would be the height of geeky and would frighten me. The only cute name to come out of that movie would be Mr. Frodo, which is the name of my imaginary pet guinea pig.

I vote for Ted for now, but I will put my mind to work coming up w/ some more names.
  • its acutally a stuffed "green thing" that my mum bought for me... hes massive and huggable and loves me no matter how much i drool on him... i mean... i don't drool.
  • Bah! That is so awesome! He's taking over your room. The more I look at him, the more I think Ted, even though he should probably have some sort of odd whimsical name.
  • Odd and whimsical, huh? Maybe Ted is short for...uh...Tedizmafantagoria.

...Yes.

Also, I have totally named many things after LotR characters. tongue.gif My dog's name is Merry, in fact. (Though we didn't exactly name her after Mr. Brandybuck.)
  • QUOTE (KristaMichelle @ Oct 7 2007, 06:41 PM)
    Odd and whimsical, huh? Maybe Ted is short for...uh...Tedizmafantagoria.

...Yes.
    Also, I have totally named many things after LotR characters. tongue.gif My dog's name is Merry, in fact. (Though we didn't exactly name her after Mr. Brandybuck.)

Lol, I should change my statement. Only Ok Go boardies can name things after LOTR's characters because we're full of artistic awesomeness. Now, Star Trek, that's a whole other story, unless it's Mr. Spock.

Edit: Thought of a cool name. I misheard a British tv show and thought they said "Protogeegore." I have no idea what they were really trying to say, but "Protogeegore" is a cool name. It does sound a little too odd though.
  • I was going to go with Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, but there can only be one Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, so I went with Ted.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Oct 7 2007, 08:50 PM)
    Lol, I should change my statement. Only Ok Go boardies can name things after LOTR's characters because we're full of artistic awesomeness. Now, Star Trek, that's a whole other story, unless it's Mr. Spock.

What story is that??
  • QUOTE (KristaMichelle @ Oct 8 2007, 11:41 AM)
    Odd and whimsical, huh? Maybe Ted is short for...uh...Tedizmafantagoria.

...Yes.

See, Mr. Brandybuck would be an awesome pets name.

For several years I've been wanting to name my next cat House, but now that House MD is so successful I don't feel like it's as funny anymore. It's only 'cause when we got my first cat when I was 9 I wanted to name him Chocolate and my sister wanted to name him Coffee and my Dad exclaimed, "Chocolate! Coffee! Why don't you just name it HOUSE!" and years later we decided it was hilarious and would name our next pet House, but no... everyone will just assum we named it after Hugh Laurie now sad.gif Sob sob.
  • QUOTE (KristaMichelle @ Oct 7 2007, 12:02 AM)
    I vote Ted. Then you should get him a best friend, name him Bill, and the two of them can go on excellent adventures together. biggrin.gif

i'm agreeing with this smile.gif