In this Discussion

Locksley

edited November -1 in General Discussion
I saw them for the first time over a week ago and was really surprised at how melodic and poppy their songs are. Everyone compares them to the Beatles and I have to say that's a pretty accurate comparison.

They have a MySpace page with songs, but if you're like me, you need to hear songs repeatedly on your iPod before you actually like them sometimes. So in that case, I've uploaded some for you:

Don't Make Me Wait

All of the Time

For You (Part 2)

Here There

They're all in their mid-20s, originally hail from Madison, WI and live in Brooklyn, NY now (go Brooklyn!). And they're all cute as buttons -- that is, if buttons are indeed cute. I think I'm going to have to start a Locksley for Grownups group. wub.gif

Update:
Some more MP3s:
http://hypem.com/search/locksley/1/

Comments

• Hm, wow, 7stars, you find the best stuff, whether it be OK Go-wise, or random music-wise. I like what I hear on their MySpace and am snagging your uploads. I think I saw these guys on Conan once. Yes/no?

Thanks very much! I believe you might actually have found my next favorite band.
  • They sound like the love child of OK Go and The Fratellis! tongue.gif Thanks for the tip and the songs, 7*s.
  • i actually sw them earlier in the year at the knitting factory in nyc. they were pretty good. i don't listen to the album so much though.