In this Discussion

Uh-oh.

edited November -1 in General Discussion
So I went to the pet store today just to look around and I bought a rabbit. My parents wil kill me if they know I have it. Im keeping it in my room until they find out but im kind of scared but it is just soo cute! I had to buy it. Thing is I don't even have a name for her any ideas?

Shes a girl and shes white. I will post up a picture soon.

Comments

• OH MY GOD!

Is she house-trained then? I used to have a rabbit but I kept her in a hutch in the garden... She's gonna make a mess, Christy! Lol tongue.gif

She sounds adorable though, my rabbit was white with pink eyes. smile.gif I called her Milkshake.

Call her Nordwind, after your favorite person on earth!! Hehe!
  • Haha I think hse is lol. Oh well her poop is small and easy to clean. It shouldnt be that bad. I really wanted to get a guy and call it Tim but they didn't have any. I would call her Nordwind bc I mean that is a gorgeous name but that would kind of be weird lol since shes a girl and all.

• That rabbit looks like a mini rex or a rex. We use to show them so if you have any questions on diet and stuff let me know.
  • I'd name her BAMF. Not all four words, just...Bamf. And I'd call her Bamfie. tongue.gif
  • Haha thanks ill keep that in mind it acually sounds awesome. But when my parents do find out I don't think they will like the name. They didn't really like it when I put it on Tim's shirt lol.
  • Lol that's hilarious. Good luck! *hugs*
  • i had a rabbit once... his name was Lester... as for what to name yours... get to know her a little (yeah, it sounds weird) and go from there smile.gif
  • Name her Nordwind, and call her Nora... or Windy.
  • QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Nov 6 2007, 12:57 PM)
    Name her Nordwind, and call her Nora... or Windy.

That wins it im naming her Nora!

BTW, my mom found it and I told her it was a christmas present for a friend so it has to be out by the 25th of December! Hopefully they will forget about it lol.
  • I adore rabbits! They're like puppies but never grow up!

The secret to keeping Nora (or Windy) forever is just that, keep her and ignore any warnings by your parents (make up excuses and let time go by)...it worked for me, only it wasn't a rabbit but a great dane biggrin.gif

Rosa
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Nov 7 2007, 08:41 PM)
    I adore rabbits! They're like puppies but never grow up!

The secret to keeping Nora (or Windy) forever is just that, keep her and ignore any warnings by your parents (make up excuses and let time go by)...it worked for me, only it wasn't a rabbit but a great dane biggrin.gif

Rosa

That's hilarious. You managed to "hide" a great dane... and great dane's are my FAVORITES smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Nov 7 2007, 07:41 PM)
    I adore rabbits! They're like puppies but never grow up!

Rosa

That would've gotten my ass grounded!

And rightfully so!
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Nov 7 2007, 10:46 PM)
    That's hilarious. You managed to "hide" a great dane... and great dane's are my FAVORITES smile.gif

Well, actually I don't live in the same city as my parents so that helped a lot (besides, at first we told our dad it was a small dog...which was true, Bono was a puppy at the time wink.gif ) ...nonetheless, my dad freaked out after knowing they were throwing my brother and I from our building because pets weren't allowed. It's a long story but as a result of adding the giant canine variable into our lives, my brother ended up married in Germany, I'm the only girl in an all-boys dorm (which has turned out to be awesome), and now my parents take care of the dane in my hometown.

QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Nov 8 2007, 07:06 AM)
    That would've gotten my ass grounded!

And rightfully so!

LOL, I imagine so, but people's hearts move in mysterious ways, and now my parents love Bono more than anything, they even plan on taking him on vacation this Christmas laugh.gif ; they say he is their first grandson. And with all due respect to poodle lovers out there, quite frankly my dad is very proud of walking around with a fear-inspiring creature rather than my mom's teacup poodles.

Rosa tongue.gif
  • you had a great dane called bono?! hahahha wow.... how great!
  • thanks, we were between "Bono" and "Jamiroquai" when choosing his name; luckily reason prevailed. laugh.gif I like to show him off wink.gif

imageimageimage
  • awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!

that doggie is so cute madame! I wish i could get away with having a great dane... they don't like dogs much
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Nov 9 2007, 05:56 PM)
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!
    that doggie is so cute madame! I wish i could get away with having a great dane... they don't like dogs much

I know, he's got a wonderful personality too smile.gif

btw, I'm sorry I deviated this conversation into my dog, when it's a thread about Christy's bunny...so how's Nordwind (Nora? Windy?) Did your parents manage to convince you into letting her go? How's the furniture around your home, isn't she chewing stuff? cause if your parents don't like her they'll go for that as an excuse into giving Nora the boot. be very careful about that in particular until your parents have accepted her permanently. wink.gif

Rosa
  • Well I dragged my dogs old cage uspatairs into my room. Im cleaning her cage out like everyday and keeping it really clean. Baxter (my dog) has become good friends with her. They still think that its for a friend though. But I think they are gradually forgetting I have it.
  • QUOTE (AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken @ Nov 16 2007, 10:07 AM)
    Well I dragged my dogs old cage uspatairs into my room. Im cleaning her cage out like everyday and keeping it really clean. Baxter (my dog) has become good friends with her. They still think that its for a friend though. But I think they are gradually forgetting I have it.

lol laugh.gif... i think my parents would kill me (metaphorically, not literally....) if i randomly bought a rabbit home... how do you go about hiding animals...??? ...maybe i'll try one day... go and buy a ferret... my mum hates ferrets.... i think ferrets are awesome.... or maybe i could get a squirrel or an otter... or maybe even a weasel... or a hampster... i'm not sure if you can actually get any of those things in australia....

[i saw pictures of a baby squirrel the other day and i decided that they were very cute/extremely awesome...]

it's so little... and cute looking rolleyes.gif
  • Maybe if she's housetrained they won't care? All you need to do is find her when she is going, then pick her up and put her in a litter box. Repeat that a few times, and she should just learn. Our rabbits trained easily. Good luck!

Edit: One tip- ours liked wood chips, so their litter boxes usually had kitty litter on the bottom and wood chips on the top. Hope that's helpful.