In this Discussion

Let us give Thanks.

edited November -1 in General Discussion
Since I hit the road after work today, I'm gonna get this going now.

As always, I am thankful to live in a place where our problem is that we eat too much. Comparitvely speaking, that's a damn good problem to have. I plan to show exactly how thankful for this I am over the next few days.

Along the same lines I suppose, I'm thankful to be an American. This country has it's problems, yes, but I can think of a whole lot of places that I'd just rather not live.

I'm thankful for my Gramma and all the emotional and financial support she's given me over the years. Without her I would not be where I am today. I'm also thankful I get to see her tomorrow.

I'm thankful for my uncle Ken, who's just a pretty cool guy!

I'm thankful for this job. Even if the hours suck right now, I'm truely enjoying the financial independance it's afforded me.

Comments

• i am thankful for good music, good people and good cheesecake...
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Nov 20 2007, 11:39 AM)
    i am thankful for good music, good people and good cheesecake...

i think you summed it up quite eloquently smile.gif
  • I'm thankful for school, my family, my other 3rds and my home.

I'm thankful for OK Go Sexiness....
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Nov 20 2007, 10:39 AM)
    i am thankful for good music, good people and good cheesecake...

How funny you should mention that particular dessert. I baked 6 cheesecakes this weekend to take to Thanksgiving.
    (I have a big family, and we eat A LOT!)
  • This could be a bit.

I'm so thankful for my family. I'm thankful that, despite being almost 20, I can still talk to my mom about most anything and that my dad can still make me laugh like nobody's business. My brother is one of the sweetest people I have ever met and so smart and sarcastic. My parents and I have our arguments, but I love them more than anything and I don't even know how to begin telling them that. Maybe I should call them now and tell them. Yeah, that's what I'll do.

I'm thankful for my best friends. I became friends with them through a long chain of events that started with my sitting with a girl I didn't know during lunch in 6th grade because I thought she was sitting by herself (turns out: nope, she was just waiting for her friends to get back from the lunch line) and I'm so incredibly thankful that she didn't kick me out. In fact, this group morphed into the group of friends I have now, the honest-to-god most incredible group of girls anyone could ever meet. They're really a force to be reckoned with, a movie-making-singing-road-trip-taking-midnight-swimming-tree-climbing-tea-party-having-renovating-art-making-ice-skating-adventure-taking force. I would be completely lost without them and they've only made me better.

I'm thankful for my boyfriend, who is probably the first guy I felt that I could talk to about absolutely anything. I really feel like he makes me better. I feel safe around him and I'm so proud of what he can do. he just loves to make things and it's so difficult to express to him how great those things are without coming across as biased. He can make me laugh until I cry and I can spend mornings just lounging and telling/hearing stories. I've never had a day with him that was boring or sad; he's made me so happy and he's honestly one of my best friends.

I'm thankful to be living in Montreal which is fucking awesome. I really need to explore more (as I was chastised by my friend the other day for not realizing that St. Denis has already put up all of their lights because I tend to stick to the area west of St. Laurent) and I'm so thankful that one of my best friends in the entire world (and I can't imagine her not being around) is here to explore with me.

I am thankful for lots of things, but right now I'm thankful for warm blankets, This American Life, and milk chocolate turkeys.
  • I am thankful for my birthday.

wink.gif
  • even though we don't really give thanks in such a traditional way I thought I could add some things

i'm thankful for my family, friends and nice people I meet and talk to, which includes all of you, it is amazing just how nice everybody is...
    i'm also thankful for music, good movies and all kinds of food, muffins in particular.
  • I am thankful for money.

happy.gif
  • "This Thanksgiving I'm going to have some breast and some thigh and maybe some turkey." Mick Jagger being impersonated by Craig Ferguson
  • I'm thankful for lovely boardies and my family and the fact that I have decent water, and clothes, and food, and enough money to get by happily.

And I am thankful for Damian's smirks.
    And interviews that go well.

And hot medical students who give you a tour of the campus before your interview and who ignore everyone else as they tell you that you're a brilliant. Hehehehehe smile.gif