In this Discussion

A Petition

Comments

• QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jan 13 2008, 03:48 PM)
    And she said that now Damian looks like
    Jim Carey when he was in Dumb and Dumber.

No, please...no, this can't be...

*SIGNS*

• QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Jan 13 2008, 05:12 PM)
    I dare one of you to tell him he looks like a Republican. I'm sort of afraid of what he'd say, though, because he's so whip-smart. unsure.gif

I'm going to the show in DC, I'll take the hit. I'll do this for the sheer delight in being mocked and ridiculed by Mr. Kulash.

It could be fun.

However, if it's grown out considerably and doesn't look republican-esqe anymore, what should I say/ask then? Seriously. I don't have a jones for Damian, so I won't be uncomfortable asking him anything. So, have you ever wanted to ask him something but have been too shy to? Tell me the question and I'll ask.

And I actually think he looks kinda cute with the cut. But his hair in the GOI video is hands down the most adorable in my book.
  • I almost kind of like the short hair, just as a change.
    Like I've said, it's the stubble that bothers me.
    so I'm signing anyways.

and someone really should confront him about it at the next show.
    please.

ooh, someone could even print off this petition laugh.gif laugh.gif
    that would be entertaining, huh?
    (jk.. I think...)
  • personally I don't have the Damian hunger as some of you,but I do understand your point of view, there should be a happy median. I will sign ::signs:: and only because of the Mitt Romney comment. If his hair does appear to be longer you should ask him if he would ever consider visiting Rexburg Idaho, a little tiny college town where it will be 2 degrees tommorrow.
  • actually, I think it's ok now... Because:

he looks sorta like this now: (it's an old picture)

which means his hair will gtrow into something like this:

and THAT is a very good thing... (it gets really really bad before it can turn really really really good. ) <3
  • Actually Mayo, that was my thought process too. I get the feeling like he just chops it off every few months so it can grow artfully.

That doesn't mean he shouldn't shave though. Geez. Him and my husband. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Jan 14 2008, 04:07 AM)
    actually, I think it's ok now... Because:

he looks sorta like this now: (it's an old picture)

THANK YOU. At least there is one rational person. smile.gif
  • EXACTLY! He has to cut it at SOME point so it grows out to perfection. I'm not gunna lie, I think it's still pretty damn cute...in a dorky way tongue.gif
  • wub.gif Sally, I love you.

QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jan 13 2008, 05:30 PM)
    ...but as one of his biggest supporters had emphasized, it's the hair flip that turns him from man to god.

This would be me, yes? tongue.gif

While I feel that I shouldn't be so shallow as to care so much about Damian's hairstyle (I mean, the music's still great, of course), I really really love the long hair. I actually miss it.

So of course I'm going to sign! And here is my evidence as to why:
    Sexiest look on the planet.
    Because of the hair.
  • Yes, Alice. it was you smile.gif
    I love you too!

And you are. Totally. Right. About that pic! Eeeeeeeee!

• ekkk! but i love the new hair! its sooo mop top! OK Go is the latest of the british invasion! rolleyes.gif
  • I am so distracted by all this hair talk I ate breakfast and drew (yes, that's one process) a doodle of Damian with scissors and a screaming Tim "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!?!??" ... can't help it.
    The more I look at the new pictures (or the old ones where he had the same cut) the more I like it, but I miss those curls!!!! It's all straight, which makes it look wrong and ...

But it is of course nothing compared to the beard-thingy ... That just has to come off.
  • So, as I was running on my treadmill to the OK Go DVD today the 'Cinnamon Lips' video came on and I thought to myself...'Thank God he didn't cut his hair THAT short'...haha tongue.gif

• haha... yes, and thank god he wears different clothes now... when I first watched that video I didn't even recognize Damian...well, for the first few seconds anyway...
  • even andy looks disturbed by damians outfit in that picture...
  • when bad hair happens to good people
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Jan 14 2008, 01:43 PM)
    I am so distracted by all this hair talk I ate breakfast and drew (yes, that's one process) a doodle of Damian with scissors and a screaming Tim "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!?!??" ... can't help it.

^^Ah, this has the makings of a good Teeny Ok Go story

• QUOTE (Felster @ Jan 14 2008, 04:28 PM)
    even andy looks disturbed by damians outfit in that picture...

laugh.gif laugh.gif

See? It could be worse. But imagine that cut with the beard thing. eek.
  • No need to hide your feelings in a private message, Tabetha. I respect each and every opinion, whether it is with or against mine. wink.gif

I think it is a funny post, regardless. It is good to post about something while they start their next album. I guess my initial worry (and underlying angst in my two comments) was that people truly thought the hair made the man. Maybe I have just grown up a bit (25 is the new 40!). I look at ALL the boys when they dance now, not just Damian. biggrin.gif

By the way, Damian was never "sexiest on the planet." I think we all know who that title goes to, but he cannot claim his award because he is in Antarctica.
  • Forget the petition, I'm taking this matter to the streets. This is not an issue just to us boardies, but it could be a national, nay international priority.

I've already made my leaflets to hand out to unsuspecting passers-by and have an entire pitch made up in order to get people to understand this worthy cause. I'll get their attention first by saying something like "Do you like trees?"* or "Have you ever thought about the starving peoples in Third World nations?" and once I see that their interested, I'll hit them with what's really important.

Expect a global phenomenon kids.

Note: Because sarcasm doesn't transfer well over the internet, this entire post is entirely tongue in cheek. I'm not going to stop people on the street nor am I having a go at anybody. I think this faux seriousness at HAIR (of all things!) is hilarious.

Carry on.

*This actually did happen to me once.