In this Discussion

Bushisms

edited November -1 in General Discussion
Here is a place for everyone to put any Bushisms they might have heard. For anyone who doesn't know a Bushism is a word or phrase that our president George Bush has screwed up. Like saying "protectionism" instead of protection or "misunderestimated" instead of underestimated. They can be single words, sentences, or even whole speaches. Just post them right here.

My favorite Bushism is "Rarely is the question asked-is our children learning?"
I don't know Mr. President, is they? dry.gif

Comments

• "I talk to families who die."
  • Oooo yay!
    I have a whole book of these:

"More and more of our imports come from overseas"

"I know it is hard for you to put food on your family"

"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it"

The man's an idiot...
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 17 2007, 08:46 PM)
    "More and more of our imports come from overseas"

"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it"

I love these two quotes. He is so stupid!
  • "Lets dont fear the future, lets shape it."
  • "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully"

Now, the fact that he used a word as complex as 'coexist' is really rather impressive, but I want to know WHAT could have prompted such a quote?? What is the context?? (If anyone knows - please tell me. I am genuinely interested)

It's really rather scary, isn't it?
    Most powerful man in the world...

I say - Kulash for President!
  • Um...well, I don't really support this kind of thing, but I was watching this one show with the 40 dumbest quotes, and he was like number 4 or something for this litte gem of miswording:

"'Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country."

Ewww.

I have other opinions that probably oppose what most of you believe, but I won't share them. Never mind, I guess I will. Actually, never mind. I won't.
  • "I'm going to spend a lot of time on Social Security. I enjoy it. I enjoy taking on the issue. I guess, it's the mother in me."

"Then you wake up at the high school level and find out that the illiteracy level of our children are appalling."

"I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft."

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
  • Oh I love Bushisms!

My favourite: "I want to thank my friend, Sen. Bill Frist, for joining us today. … He married a Texas girl, I want you to know. Karyn is with us. A West Texas girl, just like me."
  • My personal favorite:

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are
    doing it."
  • wtf?

that is pollution.

ha, what an ass.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Mar 18 2007, 11:18 AM)
    "I'm going to spend a lot of time on Social Security. I enjoy it. I enjoy taking on the issue. I guess, it's the mother in me."

"Then you wake up at the high school level and find out that the illiteracy level of our children are appalling."

"I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft."

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

hahahha.

these are great!
  • "Brie and Cheese"
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 18 2007, 11:22 AM)
    I say - Kulash for President!

Here here!
  • Effullmee - Secret Dakota Ring.

that's all I have to say.
  • "You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test." laugh.gif

• QUOTE (mmmary @ Mar 24 2007, 03:26 AM)
    Effullmee - Secret Dakota Ring.

that's all I have to say.

Dammit, you beat me. laugh.gif

Oh, but I have an archive somewhere on my computer. Must go hunt it down!
  • QUOTE (KristaMichelle @ Mar 18 2007, 03:23 PM)
    My personal favorite:

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are
    doing it."

check your souces. dan quayle said that.