In this Discussion

Comments

• smudge talks alot of sence people, james are fooking epic

i saw them last year and my mind is still blown from the epicness

im seeing them twise in april!

they just reformed recently and its the new matirial tour, its going to be amazing
  • QUOTE (Smudge @ Feb 17 2008, 08:42 PM)
    Sit Down

Tomorrow

Ring the bells

3 of smudges fave songs ever! laugh.gif

wub.gif

"I believe this weight will bear my soul"
    ^^I love this song! I hope I don't sound rather psycho in saying I can relate to the lyrics.

"Tomorrow" is also very cool.
    Their sound is so calming and yet so uplifting (and not calming in a lame soft rock way and not uplifting in a religious way). "Ring the Bells" cause massive head bopping along from me.

Smudge, how does your Andy find these bands?
  • smudge thinks you should watch the other vids also miss tempie tongue.gif

mr andy found out about them though his good friend KJ who lives and breaths James songs wherever he goes
  • QUOTE (Smudge @ Feb 17 2008, 08:57 PM)
    smudge thinks you should watch the other vids also miss tempie tongue.gif

mr andy found out about them though his good friend KJ who lives and breaths James songs wherever he goes

Lol! Wow, I only noticed 3 when I first encountered this thread. Tis time for me to check out those other vids...

Ah, the vid for "Destiny Calling" is so cool!
  • those 8 songs are personally 8 of my fave songs of all time, sometimes and ring the bells are in my top 5 ever

tomorrow can make me smile no matter how bad a day has been, it was written about/for tim booths (the singer who is the young curly haired man in some vids and the bald man in others) friend who was saying she was going to end it all, so he wrote her that song

<3
  • the links for "Laid" and "Destiny Calling" both bring up the "Destiny's Calling" vid

oh and vid for "waltzing along"...British rockstar cowboys, someone's just combined my three fantasies laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Feb 18 2008, 04:07 AM)
    the links for "Laid" and "Destiny Calling" both bring up the "Destiny's Calling" vid

oh and vid for "waltzing along"...British rockstar cowboys, someone's just combined my three fantasies laugh.gif

smudge is sowwy, smudge only has lil paws blink.gif
  • QUOTE (Smudge @ Feb 17 2008, 09:11 PM)
    smudge is sowwy, smudge only has lil paws blink.gif

*I just fell over* The two cutest things on this board have to be Teeny Ok Go and Smudge. He will get an honorary mention in the next Teeny Ok Go story--well a panda bear will be mentioned.

Oh and "Sometimes" is very cool too. Lol, I love the vid for laid.
    Alright then, Tim Booths is amazing.
    BTW, how did the band get their name?
  • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_%28band...es_support_acts

a must read for any wannabe james fans, they have a HUGE history in english music...just no one knows it

A somewhat dubious honour that can be attributed to James is that many of their support acts went on to find great success of their own, eclipsing that of James themselves. In 1988 they were supported by The Stone Roses and the Happy Mondays (James went on to support the Happy Mondays only two years later). Nirvana was the support act for a show in 1991 - only a month later, Nevermind reached number one in the Billboard Album Charts. For their 1993 tour, Radiohead was the support.

After James' hiatus, the trend continued. Third Eye Blind supported in 1997; The Corrs and Stereophonics in 1998; Supergrass and Doves in 1999. In 2000 they were supported by Coldplay - a month later their breakthrough single "Yellow" was released, a month after that their debut album Parachutes went to #1 in the UK album chart.

The support for their 2007 UK tour was The Twang, already the subject of considerable media coverage.

[EDIT] they are named after 'jim' one of the members off the band
  • "Just Like Fred Astaire" is my favorite out of the bunch, but I've loved "Laid" for a long time. Excellent recommendation, Smudgey!
  • i love Just Like Fred Astaire also

fred astaires state took legal action to change the origonal title of the song 'Fred Astaire' to 'Just Like Fred Astaire' because they are rather petty it seems...
  • Pandy and Smudge, have you ever seen this old original version of Sit Down from 1989?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew7Zkkucos8...feature=related

It sounds nice, but the other version you posted is much better. This one is too light. I like the emotion in the other version better. This vid is a little bit cute. What do you think?
  • yeah, thats the old school vershon, pretty much swpet under the rug by james fans
  • 14 days till new album

19 days till i see them

TODAY, listen to a new song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LPQZgp4Iik
  • got the new album

my mind is blown

this is OKGo good, and i do not say that lightly
  • andy just msneded me this album! its rad!

thanks

andy knows all the rad things
  • James were just on jooles holland

my heart just melted all over again
  • In the last few weeks I walked by a poster EVERY DAY, seeing "James" and yesterday it hit me. concert in Hamburg. Not sure if I am going yet... Should I go?
  • you MUST go mayo

must must must!
  • I can't find any info on the internet... maybe that poster was lying... stupid poster...??