In this Discussion

Matt Costa

edited November -1 in General Discussion
His sophmore album "Unfamiliar Faces" was released today. Am I the only person who rushed home to buy it off iTunes?

Has anyone even heard of this guy? No one I know does, but I was hoping maybe, just maybe one of you guys at least know OF him. Or maybe I can persuede you to listen to his music, lol.

Just putting it out there. *crosses fingers*

Comments

• I loved his last album. It had a really pretty cover, but that's beside the point. LOL he's sort of like Jack Johnson which is probably why they're friends... I should go get the album...
  • ah! yay. yes, his last album was very good. and I liked the cover, too! XD at first, I didn't notice how pretty it is, but once I saw it up close it was like, "o_o *stare*" haha.

YES, please please go buy his latest album!! I've listened to it once through so far and I really love it! his sound is more concrete now, instead of that slightly-experimental, all-over-the-place kind of vibe. which was fine and everything, but I think he's sort of...grown, musically and lyrically.
  • He grew a ton of stubble. sort of someone else I know of....
  • ^^^ laugh.gif hahaha

anyways, I think I know who he is?
    I fail at remembering atm, but I've definitely heard of him

I'll add him to my list of "people-to-eventually-check-out"
  • however, UNlike someone else you know, he doesn't look so bad with the stubble, IMO. and at least he didn't butcher his haircut XD (not that his hair is that long to begin with.)

yessss. I've influenced one person so far to be interested in Matt Costa.
  • Yeah that's true. It just fits him.
  • Yeah.. i first heard one his songs on One Tree Hill.. and downloaded more of him.. I like him.. he's pretty good.
  • The poor guy had like all of his stuff stolen or lost or something - as in like his equipment and all that.
    I forgot the rest of the story and I can't tell you how I know but let's just say I think I'll be seeing him in May. smile.gif
  • hooray for topic revival!

QUOTE (bedshaped1987 @ Mar 12 2008, 11:33 AM)
    Yeah.. i first heard one his songs on One Tree Hill.. and downloaded more of him.. I like him.. he's pretty good.

oh, his music was on One Tree Hill? how neat! I don't watch that show, but I've heard of it, so it's nice to hear he's reaching a broader audience. and yay for someone else discovering him! smile.gif

QUOTE (amberdino @ Mar 12 2008, 10:11 PM)
    The poor guy had like all of his stuff stolen or lost or something - as in like his equipment and all that.
    I forgot the rest of the story and I can't tell you how I know but let's just say I think I'll be seeing him in May. smile.gif

yes, I heard about his gear getting stolen. you can read a bit about it in the news archives of his site, mattcosta.com. and hopefully, I'll be seeing him when he comes to Texas in June! I'm looking forward to it, if I can convince my mom to make the trip to Houston. it's just...June 4th also happens to be the last day of school, oh no. but I'm hoping it'll all work out...! I've never seen him live.
  • SOOOOO

Matt Costa is one of the acts we got for UCSD's Sun God Festival, and since I'm a part of the group that organizes the event, I'm going to be his runner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    aslkdfj;ladjfalskd I'm so excited!!
    He's so cuuuuuuuuuuute!
    Ahhhh!!
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Apr 30 2008, 12:42 AM)
    SOOOOO

Matt Costa is one of the acts we got for UCSD's Sun God Festival, and since I'm a part of the group that organizes the event, I'm going to be his runner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    aslkdfj;ladjfalskd I'm so excited!!
    He's so cuuuuuuuuuuute!
    Ahhhh!!

whoa, you're so lucky!! when is it? tell me how it goes! ohmy.gif I wanna meet him, but I won't even have a chance to go to a show this year, aaah! hopefully next year. have fun!
  • OMGOSHYES.
    I heard his song "Mr Pitiful" and really really liked it so downloaded a bunch of songs to see if they were good too (which they were),
    so now I wantwantwant both albums.
    What's the first one like? I think it's hard to get so I'll probs end up with the second one. But I do enjoy a hunt.
  • QUOTE (stripygiraffe @ May 26 2008, 05:13 AM)
    OMGOSHYES.
    I heard his song "Mr Pitiful" and really really liked it so downloaded a bunch of songs to see if they were good too (which they were),
    so now I wantwantwant both albums.
    What's the first one like? I think it's hard to get so I'll probs end up with the second one. But I do enjoy a hunt.

I think I like his second album better but his first is really good, too. it's a lot more...experimental, I guess? like it's more indie or something. and a little more upbeat. most of the second album's songs have a more darker vibe to them. his first album is lighter and...well, I can't really describe it. so get both, haha! if you can find the first one. or get it off itunes, unless you prefer physical copies vs. digital copies.