In this Discussion

Bonerama

edited November -1 in General Discussion
As if the collaboration between OK Go & Bonerama wasn't great enough... but this band deserves all of us as fans. Not only are they completely amazing live, they are wonderful guys with big hearts. The music is fun, live, upbeat and just plain funky! Not that there is anything 'plain' about being 'funky'... either way, look into some of their live albums, it's worth every penny.

Plus, these guys brought back to life some of our favorite OK Go songs that Damian felt he had beat into the ground and killed... they brought out SO much joy in the fellas we love...

Give them a listen, it's worth it, and I promise you won't be disappointed.

Comments

• These gentlemen are fucking kickass. Check out their website because they are playing ALL over the next couple months. It's bonerama.NET...not COM...believe it or not bonerama.COM is not a good site to visit. We were warned of this by a slightly tipsy Eric, the drummer.

Here's a couple pictures from the D.C. show...

• I love you girls. Bonerama's playing two shows relatively close to here too in April and I might decide to go.
  • So when Stacey said that they've been to San Francisco a bunch of times and that they'll probably come back soon, I got all excited, but then I found out that they always play the same place here and it's always 21+. Oh well. I'm sure they'll come back in two and a half years.
  • anyone want to go to the Bonerama show at the cabooze in minneapolis with me? it's at the end of march. I don't want to go with my husband since he's not as enthusiastic as I am.

so is there anyone here from minneapolis? I need a local OK GO buddy!
  • it's officially March. which means I'm officially seeing Bonerama THIS month!! i'm psyched.
    obviously.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
  • THIS SATURDAYYYYY smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
  • YAY!

Adam and I are talking about seeing them in Reading a week from Friday!
  • ^^ Hells yeah, Rach biggrin.gif
  • Just about the most fun I've had at a show, with the exceptions of OK Go, wink.gif
    I'll try and do a little write up later, but Angie and I had a total blast and spoke with Mark and Brad/Brett (we both heard different) for a bit. AMAZING. I just love Mark
    wub.gif
  • The show was SO. AH-MAZING. biggrin.gif

We had a great time and as Katie said, we got to talk to some of the guys and we totally fell in love with them even more than we were before rolleyes.gif

I was Internet-less at my house, but I am in class right now trying to upload pictures/videos...so the goods are on the way!
  • Sorry for the double post...but the videos are done! Woo.

Louie's Perch
    War Pigs
    smile.gifsmile.gif

Here's a few faves from the pictures I got also...

And a photo of the youngest girls in the joint...
  • QUOTE (Beasle @ Mar 31 2008, 09:29 AM)
    And a photo of the youngest girls in the joint...

And also the most awesome, loveliest, prettiest, etc etc etc.
  • I am so glad the boys were lovely to you. They are pretty awesome and it is now time for them to come HOME already. In a week they will. smile.gif

Oh and it is Bret. Recording the show? yeah that is Bret. Or was it Bert (the guitar player)?

Rachel hopefully you will make it to Reading. One of my really good friends is going to that. I guess the venue is interesting....but the Bones will make it alright!!
  • QUOTE (stacey0821 @ Apr 1 2008, 08:28 AM)
    Oh and it is Bret. Recording the show? yeah that is Bret. Or was it Bert (the guitar player)?

Haha we were all wrong... we did see Bret, set up the recording equipment, however, we were talking about Greg, the youngest bone player on the far left... it was SO loud in there and we already hogged him for about 15 minutes and didn't want to be rude so we figured we could figure it out on our own... ha, we were wrong. Luckily we've got it now, though smile.gif
  • ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!

They're in Baltimore tonight! I just bought my ticket!!! HOORAY!!!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Apr 17 2008, 10:57 AM)
    ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!

They're in Baltimore tonight! I just bought my ticket!!! HOORAY!!!

You will undoubtedly have a blast!!!
  • That is FABULOUS news, Rach smile.gifsmile.gif You're going to have so much fun. I hope you get to talk to the guys because they are AWESOMMMMEEE.
  • Here is some exciting news smile.gif

Bonerama is up for the best live album of the year at the 'Jammy Awards' (I've never actaully heard of those...but oh well smile.gif ) You can vote for them at this website...

http://view.exacttarget.com/?j=fe661575756...87561067b7c1376
  • Hi Everyone!

Bonerama just played the park outside my apartment, where Obama spoke the day after that 9:30 Club show. biggrin.gif

It was awesome. I'm gonna head over to the after party. They say hi.
  • hehe I just got off the phone w/ Rach and was gonna say the same thing, but she just posted smile.gif

They're so great, I can't wait to see them again.