In this Discussion

April 23, 2008 - Calvin College, Grand Rapids, MI

Comments

• I couldn't get on the boards this morning from home... I'm at the library now, preparing for yet another exam that I take in a half hour, so hopefully I'll have more luck when I get home!!

Angie took the words right out of my mouth smile.gif The guys were so great last night, it was nice to be able to talk to them, especially Damian and Andy for quite awhile biggrin.gif

Still feeling bad for Becky though sad.gif
  • Good luck on your exam, Katie!!!

(but when you get back we seriously need a full report. biggrin.gif)
  • Don't worry, I will...
    P.S Andy cut his hair for sure. It was tamer, however he had a little bed head action going on, and his sideburns were shorter. I loved it. He looked so great.
    Damian had an alf-alfa on the top of his head at the beginning. hopefully one of us got a picture wink.gif
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Apr 24 2008, 10:01 AM)
    Don't worry, I will...
    P.S Andy cut his hair for sure. It was tamer, however he had a little bed head action going on, and his sideburns were shorter. I loved it. He looked so great.
    Damian had an alf-alfa on the top of his head at the beginning. hopefully one of us got a picture wink.gif

That's awesome. biggrin.gif

Just got a txt from Becky, she's at Midas and all is on the up and up, they can fix the problem, so she's OK!
  • alright, here's a teaser... becky will probably beat me to the actual write-up... but i started mine and if you feel like reading it when i'm done, i think you'll enjoy smile.gif

but here are some pics...
    i haven't gotten to fix them yet... so don't be too judgemental!! wink.gif

eeeee!

pretty:

yes, i died before and after:
  • Katie thinks we look like a couple on vacation because we're wearing white. That is FINE. BY. ME. tongue.gif biggrin.gif
    There's a smile in there...

Complete success of another OK Go adventure with my partner in crime.

I've got LOTS more pictures and some funny videos to come smile.gif
  • Those pictures put the most ridiculous smile on my face!!!

AWESOME, ladies!
  • Oh my god.
    Guys, those pics just made my heart skip a beat. I cannot breathe.
    Mmmmm Damian in white... wub.gif

Also Katie and Angie - you look gorgeous on the arms of OK Go members tongue.gif
  • ooooo! Those pics are LOVELY! I especially love the two confetti ones! Can't wait to hear all about it!
  • Last night was amazing and happened exactly how I hoped it would. I was right in front and I got some amazing pictures of Andy and a couple good ones of Damian. I'm still in shock I went and met them. So after I get over it, which might not be for awhile, I'll share my pics with you guys. laugh.gif And is it me, or was no one singing along? I mean around me at least, no one was singing. And ohhhhmygod. My friend and I stayed at a Travelodge. We go back after the concert and I see a van and I think to myself "that looks like a tour van" but I disregard it. We go eat breakfast and there's these two guys, one wearing tight red "Damian"-esque pants so I think "They're in a band" because you just have to be to wear those pants ha. On our way back to the room to grab our stuff I tell my friend and she gets all excited and we wanted to know what band they're in. We go back down to check out, as were walking we walked past someone from Bloodcat Love. That was basically a perfect end to a perfect two days. They were right under our noses the whole time and we had no idea haha And the two people we ate breakfast with weren't in the band, but definitely part of the crew. It was just amazing and I'm so sad it's over. sad.gif
  • I'm home. I survived!

The show was fucking excellent!!

Huge long write-up coming soon along with a nice little surprise for the boardies. Not to mention pics and video.

Now I decompress after the long night and early morning.
  • Get some rest, Ahh Becky, glad you got home safe!!
    SO looking forward to your write up, but get some rest first, lovely!
  • Here's my pictures, it's not all of them, just the one's I liked. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2006...p;id=1267080279 and http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2006...p;id=1267080279

Edit: I put them on facebook, so this should definitely work. Sorry about that.
  • http://blog.mlive.com/grpress/2008/04/ok_g...stic_stage.html

Aside from the part where they call Damian "Nathan", this is a great article.

The myspace album isn't working for me, newslang, sorry.
  • No write-up tonight. As soon as I got home I uploaded my pics and vids to my PC and promptly resized all my pics. Don't know when I'll be able to post the vids to YouTube as it takes a soul sucking long time to upload them.

Buuuuuut.... SURPRISE!!!

Take a gander at these lovely photos that I'm sure everyone on the board will enjoy.

This boy is the best. He stood around for forever with his stage clothes in one hand and signing shit stuff with the other.

This man smells fabulous after he takes a shower. Seriously. I could sniff him all day. That sounds wrong.

Yes, I know what it looks like. And no, he wasn't.

*swoon*

And wouldn't ya know it, The House Wins is playing on my iTunes at this very moment. I swear, they want me to have a permanent eye twitch. Don't worry, you'll read about it in the write-up.
  • I saw Andy holding the sign, I didn't know what it said, but still I knew it had to be from someone on here!
  • hey.
    um. so, i'm a LITTTTLe drunk right now. bu only a little.
    i felt my heart beating in my throat on my way to talk to andy. fyi.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Apr 25 2008, 04:33 AM)
    Yes, I know what it looks like. And no, he wasn't.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif HAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!

Eeee thanks for the boardie love, Becky!
  • Those pictures turned out SO cute! Becky, you are so smart cool.gif

I'm still working on uploading videos, but I have horrible Internet, annnnnd now I have to leave for Detroit for the day. Here's a few more pictures for now... smile.gif