In this Discussion

April 23, 2008 - Calvin College, Grand Rapids, MI

Comments

• QUOTE (Beasle @ Apr 25 2008, 07:37 AM)

Looking at this picture makes me think of No Sign. I don't know if I'm right (and honestly it's probably a little early in the set for confetti), but Damian's just got that No Sign Stance. Yeah. Um. Hot. Gonna go hide now.

Becky I wub.gif you for those pictures! Newslang I JUST noticed your edited post, and I'm gonna go look now.

OK, now I've looked - it looks like you were standing right next to Angie, Becky, and Katie! I wish you'd have said hello to them. But the pictures look great and that setlist is all sorts of exciting, isn't it? biggrin.gif Congratulations!
  • OH MY GOD!!! That was freaking awesome!!! It was the first time I got to see them and it was AMAZING!!!! tongue.gif My sister, mom, and me got there super early. We drove up from Indiana so it took a long time to get there. There was no one there and the guys were on stage in the auditorium doing sound checks and rehearsing and we asked this lady who was there if there was a certain spot where we were suppose to wait and she got the gist that we were extreme fans. And she was kind of hesitant on telling us this, but she told us "Well, if you're that obsessed they're just back there" and she pointed through the doors. And then she was like, I probably shouldn't tell you this. But she just let us walk back there, and there were no signs that said keep out wink.gif But we just kinda walked a little til we were looking onto the stage from behind, but we couldn't really see them, we could hear them though. And then this guy starts walking up to us and he's like I'm sorry backstage is off limits. And we're just like "ok" and we just left. But I was freaking out the whole time knowing that there were out there and I was hearing them.

And then after we got kicked out of there, we went outside on the side with the bus and a car pulls up with three guys in it. And then one of them started going up to the bus. We really weren't paying much attention to them, but we saw the one guy and my sister's like "Hey, that guys going onto the bus. And then he turned to one of the other guys and I could actually see his face and I was like "Oh my God!!! That's Dan!!" My sister's not as crazy as I am about them, so she wouldn't have really recognized him much probably. But then we went toward the bus and came off and we went up and said Hi and he took some pictures with us and then walked in with us. It was awesome! Then later as we were waiting by the doors, now with a bunch of other people waiting too, we see Damian walking outside talking on his phone. And my sister's reaction when she realized who it was was Priceless. She just kind of let out this big scream and had this shocked look on her face, like OH MY GOD THAT'S DAMIAN!! I immediately started laughing at her, but then took out my camera and got a few shots of him. He was looking pretty cute, I couldn't help it. But he was on his phone so we didn't want to go out and bug him.

And the show was FREAKING AMAZING!!!! I loved it!! We were right in the front dead center so Damian was right in front of us! And when he came out into the audience the first time he squeezed right down in between me and my sister and did the same thing when he went back up! I completely freaked out when they played my favorite song "Don't Ask Me", The video that I took of that song is completely unwatchable, I was jumping around so much and dancing and enjoying the song that I didn't really pay much attention to my camera. And then after the song we went and bought a couple shirts and Bloodcat Love's CD and had them sign it and then got a picture with them. Then we went outside where Tim already was by the bus, and then soon the rest of them came out and we went around meeting them and taking pictures. They also signed our shirts that we made. Damian and Tim really liked the shirts. Damian said how he loves homemade shirts wub.gif It was so awesome. Oh, and now my sister is completely in love with Andy biggrin.gif She told me "Becky, why didn't you tell me how gorgeous Andy is!?" It's pretty funny
  • haha awww. a new Andy lover biggrin.gif I'm glad she gets it now wink.gif

Alright guys... my write up is coming shortly, I PROMISE
  • Yay Rebekker! That's an amazing first show experience, congratulations! You'll post pictures, right?
  • Ok, here's my write up. I cut stuff out because I just copied and pasted from my Myspace. It was me and my friend Netta, just so you know.

So we found our way to the college, got there at about 6:30 and found parking right by the building. We walk inside and find the line which wasn't long at all. We overheard the people in front of us talking about another line so I told Netta to go check it out. That line was shorter so we waited there. We just sat there and that's when I realized I left my good batteries in the hotel room, thankfully I brought 3 extra pairs of cheap batteries with me. Honestly I was expecting to have to push like a little bitch to get up front, but wow was I wrong. We get let in and there were actually seats. Netta and I got smack dab in front off to the right a little. I honestly didn't care who I was in front of because I love them all, so being right in front made me ecstatic. It also didn't help that Tim was in the back DJing the house music, which by the way, I loved every song played. Good choice of music Tim.

Time went by and someone from the college came onto the stage and talked about the upcoming activities and whatnot. After him Bloodcat Love came on. The singer, I'm not sure of his name, had such amazing stage presence and I basically fell in love with him and his skinny jeans. He would do this thing where he'd get up in someone's face and basically spoon it with his face. I thought it was amazing haha. Then he came to me and we had a pointing war, it was hilarious. Overall, I really liked them live, I think better than I like their cd to be honest. I also thought it was adorable how he took pictures of the crowd. After like 6 songs or something they finished up and the lights came on again.

People left to get Bloodcat Loves cd and take pictures, but I refused. No way in hell was I giving up my spot. It was perfect. So we stood around for what seemed like no time at all and the lights dimmed again. I can't really remember the order they came out, but eventually they did come out. Andy was so unbelievably close, I couldn't even believe it. So I knew I'd be getting some awesome pictures of him. Basically, this would be way too long if I wrote up on the whole set, but here's some things that stood out the most to me:

· "I'm not ignoring you, I'm just ignoring you."

· Damian's effort to not swear, which he sort of failed at, and his censoring of Jesus in HIGA since it was a Christian college.

· "When we got to Grand Rapids" and how there's too many syllables in it.

· Damian basically doing the splits, oh how I wish I had a picture of that.

· Tim and Damian showing us how they learned to show their love for each other and Damian saying they did it very gay-like.

· Tim and Andy doing synchronized dances.

· When they went into the crowd for AMW and WTD Netta and I stood on stage to see them and when we got down we were able to get more centered.

· Damian ran through the crowd during the cover and ran right by me therefore I touched him and pretty much dove to do so haha.

· The LED jackets, I was so excited I got to see them in person.

· Damian having too much fun with the leaf blower.

· Getting political.

· Confetti.

· Bloodcat Love standing on the side taking pictures of OK Go and the crowd.

· Netta and I both got a setlist.

Really I'm drawing a blank on everything right now, so that's about it. They walked off and we walked outside. Bloodcat Love was selling/signing cd's so we both bought one. We got them signed and got pictures. I have a funny story to do with Netta and them, but that's another day haha. After meeting them we went on a hunt for OK Go. We walked around the building, but we couldn't find them. We ran into two members from Bloodcat Love again and the girl asked if we were stalking OK Go. I said "Yes, only not very well" and she let off this loud scary laugh. So we decided to walk around the building outside where eventually we found them outside their bus signing/taking pictures. I had no idea what to say and I don't think I could have been any more awkward. We went to Dan first and I basically told him I've wanted to see them for a long time and I was sort of in shock. He was so nice and he's much prettier in person in my opinion. He signed our setlists and took pictures. We then go to Tim. I think I cut in front of someone, so I felt bad for that. He also signed the set lists. I got to take two pictures with him because Netta thought she messed up the first one. I didn't mind but when he'd talk it made me laugh. His voice is just so funny, in a good way of course. I loved that he wasn't much taller than me. Next we go to Andy, who is a lot smaller in person. Again, I had no idea what to say. We're just like "You guys were amazing" and he said thank you and something else, but I can't remember what. We both got pictures with him and our setlists signed. Then we go to Damian. He doesn't seem as tall in person and wow is he a skinny fellow. So we wait around and someone told Damian they needed him on stage and instead of just leaving he says "I'll be there in 5 minutes" but instead of him rushing us, he just politely did his thing which I thought was unbelievably nice. He signed our setlists, only this time he wrote the date and our names. We both got pictures with him. Netta took a bit with the camera for mine so I just had my arm around him. That was an amazing 60 seconds, let me tell you. He also apologized for his stench, which I honestly didn't smell and I was like "Oh, no, you're fine! You don't smell!" or something to that effect. I feel really bad because I had no idea what to say so with all of them I was just like "Would you mind signing this and taking a picture?" and then "thank you so much" and that was about it. I really felt bad after Tim because he seemed like he wanted to talk. But I had no idea what to say. Everything I planned on saying completely vanished from my memory and I turned into a scarily polite fan girl. And after all that we just sort of awkwardly walked away, didn't say goodbye or anything.

We get to the car and Netta wanted me to drive by them, so I did. We find ourselves back at the hotel only this time there was a large van and a bunch of kids playing basketball. I figured the two were related but then I sort of thought it looked like a van for a band. I didn't say anything though. Both of us were beat so we fell asleep around 1. We got up at about 9 and ate the continental breakfast. When we get to the lobby there's these two guys already there. Both tall and both wearing skinny pants, one's were bright red. My wheels started turning and I realized they had to be in a band. I couldn't see them doing anything else but being in a band. After we ate we walked back to the room and I told Netta. She freaked out a little and we both we're eager to find out what band they were from. We grab the rest of our stuff from the room and go to check out. As we're walking down the hallway we see a guy go into a room. We both made eye contact with him and lo and behold, it was the guy in the striped shirt from Bloodcat Love. He looked at us like "I think I recognize you, but I'm not sure" and we both died a little. Then for some stupid reason we checked out. So since we couldn't hang around the hotel we sat in my car for about an hour. Within that time another member from Bloodcat Love came outside and made a phone call. Unfortunately he didn't see us and that was about it. I decided sitting in a hotel parking lot for an hour after we checked out was weird so we left. It was hard for us to do, but we managed.

And we drove home. It went by fast but the downer was when I realized I left my pillow at the hotel. Darn. I'll get over it though.

I think it was one of, if not the best, night of my life. I've wanted to see them and meet them for so long. They were so relaxed and down to earth. I mean I knew they were, but I didn't feel intimidated by them like I have with other bands. I felt like they welcomed everyone with open arms. I wouldn't change anything about last night. Well maybe I would have tried to have a conversation with them, but really I had no idea what to say. So I'm content with my pictures and signed setlist. I'm sad it went by so fast but I'm glad it even happened at all. Thank you OK Go and Bloodcat Love for an amazing day and a half.

• aaa! I first want to say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOOOOOVE reading write-ups and I'm so grateful that you guys are writing them and sharing your experiences. It's really like another chapter of an incredibly awesome book. So thank you!

Rebekkar- that is so awesome that you saw him talking on his phone and snapped a pic! He must have looked so cute!
    And your sister is an Andy fangirl now! High five! And you were smack up front during the show- congrats!!!!! A thrill beyond compare!

Newslang, Damian did splits?! They wore the LED jackets?! That sounds like such a fun show!! They censored HIGA?! LOOOL
    And then Blood Love was at your hotel! That's so cool!

• While I was writing my write-up lightning struck my condo. So fun! /sarcasm So, now I'm re-writing it. Here's the first installment.

Installment #1

Ah, the road trip. I would have written about it yesterday, but I didn't get home until after 2pm yesterday. I was supposed to drive home after the show but I had car trouble. Trouble as in the car wouldn't go over 30 MPH. Luckily it happened just as I was pulling into the college parking lot and not while I was on the road. Anyway, I'll get into that at the end as that is where the story ends, I'll start with my finally leaving the house on time.

Leaving on time
    All the maps that I checked before leaving said it would take a little under 4 hours to get to Grand Rapids. But I knew that with the construction on the Edens I could easily tack on a half hour to an hour to my drive time. I had originally planned to leave at noon but ended up leaving a little after 11am as I needed to make a stop at Dominick's for snacks and water. And for whatever reason, I also brought with a change of undies, socks and shirt. I really didn't know why, but thought I should have them along with my toothbrush/toothpaste and deoderant. Perhaps I was thinking that if I was just too tired after the show I could follow Angie and Katie back to one of their places and crash on the couch if need be.

After getting back in the car from the store I set up my iPod and keep my phone out. I head out to 41 and take it to the Edens. Was sailing pretty well until Lake Cook where construction begins. But to be honest, the traffic wasn't that bad. I get to the merge and that's when the traffic really hit going into the downtown area. But it still wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I took 94 all the way to Michigan, fuck the Chicago Skyway, I didn't want to pay any freaking tolls. The next time I hit any traffic was when I was nearing Grand Rapids and there was construction on I-196.

I got there in pretty good time. I thought that I was going to get there earlier than 5pm EST like I planned. But I read the directions and followed them which told me to make a right onto Wilson Ave. This took me so far away from where I was supposed to be it wasn't even funny. I ended up in farmland. Once the road changed from pavement to dirt, I decided to turn around and go back to where I made that turn and see if something was wrong. Luckily I had printed a larger map of the area and saw that I should have stayed on the road I turned off from and not listed to the directions. Ah well. This actually turned out to be beneficial to me in the end.

Since it took about 15-20 minutes to turn around and all that, Katie and Angie were already at Calvin College and wondering where I was. I let them know that I took a wrong turn and would be there as soon as I could. Now that I was on the right road there were tons of places to shop and tons of people and cars, no more farmland and cows.

Just as I had turned into the entrance to the college my car halted a bit and then the check engine light came on. I thought "FUCK!". Since I couldn't drive any faster than 15 MPH there, I didn't know that there was more of a problem than just the light. I found the parking lot with the all signs they had posted everywhere. But I missed to entrance I should have gone in so went to the alternate, which was even better as that is where the tour bus was sitting.

I pull into a spot, turn off the car and wait for a minute. I turn it back on to be sure that it will turn back on and hope the light has gone off. It turns over but the light is still on. FUCK! I turn the car back off, get my shit together and call Angie to find out where they are and let them know I'm parked by the tour bus.

At the college
    Angie tells me that they're by the main entrance which is on the opposite side of where I was. So I walk around, thankful to actually be in a standing position instead of sitting. I get to where they are and almost pass them. They call for me and we go inside. I let them know about the check engine light and then ask if there’s a bathroom nearby as I didn’t make any pitstops and drove straight through. I freshen up and walk back to where they are. We talk for a few minutes and notice that no one else is nearby so I ask if they want to walk with me to get the pixie sticks and bliss I brought with. Not to mention more water for me as I should hydrate more before an OK Go show.

We go to my car and I point out the tour bus. Then we notice a guy that looks like Damian sitting on a bench with a laptop. I’m pretty sure it’s him, but it’s a little hard to tell from a side/back view. We get to my car and I get the water and candy. I open the bag of pixie stick and we head back to the building and go through the back entrance where the guy is sitting. And it is Damian. We’re wondering if we should say anything or leave him alone. I make the decision in my head to at least say hi, point out Angie and ask if he’d like a pixie stick. He declines and says he’s gonna be eating dinner soon anyway. We say something else and then leave him alone and we head into the building. Then we spot more people waiting. Probably a good thing we went to my car. So we go and sit by the door and talk and eat bliss and pixie sticks.

We’re there for a while just talking and Dan walks out from the backstage area. I’m kinda glad no one really jumped at him and let him go back to the tour bus. Then what looks like the other band walks out, well at least two of them. One of them is wearing an Obama shirt. Angie was commenting on how kick ass it was. And it was. They walk past those of us waiting a few times and then head outside.

The crew from the college come out and set up partitions so there is a real line to be waiting in. Angie, Katie and I are two groups behind the first group. This is where I show them the sign I was going to ask the guys to hold up. And took a pic of it. We wait some more and I go freshen up again. This time taking my hair out of the bun and just make a pony tail. I wanted to wear it down, but I get so hot with all the dancing with it down. I get back and we wait some more.

Getting into the theatre and a surprise
    The crew finally lets us into the theatre and Katie is the first in out of our group and runs to get us seats in the front. She scores us spots in Andy-Land right by the aisle. The guy who we thought was in the opening band is on stage finished whatever and then walks near us. I ask where he got his Obama shirt from, he says he’s from LA, but it’s from San Francisco. Then he gives me a smile and pats me on the shoulder. Now we know.

While waiting I turn around and notice Tim is up by the light board. And that he’s the DJ!! He played some very excellent tunes, but of course I only know two of them, the new single from Gnarls Barkley and something from the White Stripes. While waiting and listening to the great music I realize that even though the tickets said no cameras allowed, they didn’t check our bags and people had their cameras out. So, I get mine out and start taking pics. Then my battery dies. FUCK! I realize I left my extra batteries in the car. So, I use Katie’s stub as I misplaced mine and head out to the car to get the extra batteries. There I spy Dan playing some b-ball with the other band. It was kinda sweet.

I head back in and continue to wait for the show to start. Then the guy who I guess was running the event comes out and asks us to give a hand to the DJ. Loud ruckus ensues and he continues to talk about other events that are going to happen later and then the music comes back on.

Opening act
    We wait a little longer and then the lights go down and Bloodcat Love comes out. I’ve never heard of them before and failed to look them up before leaving home. I was quite surprised to really like their music. I was also surprised to see that people were starting to get up to the stage area. So Angie, Katie and I stand up by the stage too. The lead singer came out into the audience a few times and got face to face with many who were at the stage lip.

While they were playing I noticed Tim in the wings watching the show. I love it when the guys watch the opening act. Actually, I love it when any headliner watches the opening act. At some point Andy also came out and was by the sound board.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Apr 25 2008, 03:13 PM)
    The lead singer came out into the audience a few times and got face to face with many who were at the stage lip.

Myself included. wink.gif Myles was cool, but it was kind of awkward being [ ] that far away from him face to face... haha

Great job so far, B!! And WTF with the lightning???
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Apr 25 2008, 11:45 AM)
    Yay Rebekker! That's an amazing first show experience, congratulations! You'll post pictures, right?

Of course, I've got a lot of them loaded onto my computer. I'll post them soon biggrin.gif

And I Loved the leafblower laugh.gif
  • Installment #2

Once Bloodcat Love were done it was time to gather their equipment and get ready for OK Go. I was thinking of sitting back down in my seat but thought that someone would take my spot at the stage. I was already warm and there was no sign of getting out to get some water and coming back to my original spot.

While OK Go’s crew were setting up we noticed the white boxes that hold the pink air things, so yay. We also noticed what looked like a confetti shooter. And they were putting out those tambourines. (I’m never gonna get a tambourine, but that’s okay, I have other stuff) And the only problem we noticed with our spot was that the gong was right in front of Dan. So, not only was his drum kit gonna obscure our view, but the gong also obscured the view of the kit. I got like two pics of Dan. Argh. I tried to get a pic of the set list, but they were set at odd angles and were kinda far away.

Lights come down and we hear the rumble meaning they’re opening with The House Wins. I love the guys, I like the song, but the ping, ping, ping, ping gets stuck in my head and rattles around in my brain for days after. And of course I got it on video (which will be posted once I get it uploaded to YouTube). As Andy walks out screams ensue. I think I may have squee-ed a bit, too. It’s kinda funny watching him walk with the strobe effect from all the cameras going off.

The rest of the guys come out and more screams. Bam the song starts. Damian is his usual awesome self, same goes for Tim, he looks so cute when he bops to the beat. I got a lot of Damian eye contact during this song. I don’t know why, but he kept looking in my direction. I’ve never had Damian eye contact before, well, other than when I’m actually talking to him face to face.

The set list is as follows:

The House Wins
    Television Television
    Don’t Ask Me
    No Sign Of Life
    A Good Idea At the Time
    The Fix Is In
    Prove My Love
    Get Over It
    A Million Ways - acoustic
    What To Do - acoustic
    You’re So Damn Hot
    It’s A Disaster
    Oh Lately It’s So Quiet
    Invincible
    HIGA
    Encore
    Don’t Bring Me Down
    Do What You Want

During the voting procedure, someone in the audience yelled Electric Light Orchestra. Damian didn’t fully understand what they yelled, “Electric Light what?” and he was looking right at me for the answer. So I mouthed “Orchestra”. Totally squee-ed on the inside. And he’s not the one I squee for.

It was funny at the beginning of the show because he was joking that he was trying not to swear as it was a Christian school. No one specifically told him not to swear, but he was trying anyway. Of course, after he says that he just can’t control himself anymore. Though right before the acoustic set he was talking about his smelly jacket and was trying to describe it without cussing and said, “It’s so hard to talk without those important words”.

I really loved the acoustic set this time. I don’t know why, but it was spectacular. I got video of A Million Ways but as usual my camera didn’t want to focus. So, sorry ahead of time before it’s even uploaded to YouTube. And the Rockenspiel is rainbow colored. So sweet.

Right before OLISQ, Damian told us to take out our things that make light like phones, cameras, what not. I pull out my phone and notice a text from Rachel. It says “Hey Andy! The Yanks are winning!” So, what do I do? I scream, “Hey Andy!” wait to see if he looks my way, he does smile.gif and I scream, “Rachel says the Yanks are winning!” He kinda smiles and rolls his eyes. Then they start playing and during the song Angie, Katie and I yelled “Run’s House” in homage to Rachel. The grin on Damian’s face was so wide!! I wish I got a pic of it.

The rest of the show kicked so much ass. Especially the encore. Damian of course came out into the audience for the ELO cover. So much fun. Then it was DWYW, meaningconfetti, pink blow-y things and the gong. I’ve seen the pink blow-y things before, but never the confetti or gong. Dude, Damian goes crazy on that gong. And he did the James Brown splits. I of course missed it, just saw him get back up. So fucking amazing. I’ve never seen so much confetti before.

And as they are leaving the stage Andy throws out the rest of his pics left on stage. And he threw one to me again!! SQUEE!!!! But I didn’t catch it this time, but Katie and I made sure it didn’t leave from right in front of us. Now I have two pics from Andy. I heart that boy.

The set was excellent. A few times I thought I was gonna faint. Seriously, it got really hot in there and with me bouncing around like a moron, I got lightheaded quite a lot. I need to drink much more water before their shows.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Apr 25 2008, 02:33 PM)
    Myself included. wink.gif Myles was cool, but it was kind of awkward being [ ] that far away from him face to face... haha

I so tried to get a pic when he did that to you but my camera was still on zoom. I guess it's a good thing I didn't then, huh?

QUOTE (katieyellow @ Apr 25 2008, 02:33 PM)
    Great job so far, B!! And WTF with the lightning???

Thanks! It was pouring here earlier and I swear a bolt of lightning hit one of the condos because I saw a bright blue light and I felt a shock from my computer (I'm not smart sometimes). Then Comcast went poof and finally came back on a while ago.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Apr 25 2008, 04:48 PM)
    Right before OLISQ, Damian told us to take out our things that make light like phones, cameras, what not. I pull out my phone and notice a text from Rachel. It says “Hey Andy! The Yanks are winning!” So, what do I do? I scream, “Hey Andy!” wait to see if he looks my way, he does smile.gif and I scream, “Rachel says the Yanks are winning!” He kinda smiles and rolls his eyes. Then they start playing and during the song Angie, Katie and I yelled “Run’s House” in homage to Rachel. The grin on Damian’s face was so wide!! I wish I got a pic of it.

Trash Talk from Six Hundred Miles Away. Awww Yeah. tongue.gif

And I'm going to pretend that the fact that Damian smiles when he hears my phrase means that he smiles when thinking of me. rolleyes.gif
  • Installment #3 and the best one!

When the house lights came back up we gathered our shit and started to head outside. I immediately headed for the water fountain. Then we waited a bit inside. I was debating to go and get the green OK Go shirt and the Bloodcat Love CD. But I didn’t. I was a tad worried about my car. Not to mention crossing my fingers that the boys would be outside and be able to chat with us.

We go outside and sit on the curb waiting for the boys to come out. There were others out there waiting for them too. Dan was the first one out. But he jumped into the bus right away, came back out and headed back into the venue. Then Tim came out. He was holding his “show” clothes in one hand and was signing things with his other hand. We waited patiently and then it was our turn to talk with him. I asked him to sign my shoe which he did gratefully. I asked to take a pic with him. Then I asked if he wouldn’t mind taking a pic with the sign I made for the boardies who haven’t seen OK Go in a while. He thought it was a great idea. That’s when Katie was talking about his sweater. I called it cable-y. I also managed to tell him that I enjoyed his Guitar Hero move at the show in Chicago. He asked if I saw it, I said that I magically got in. He then said that that move was his favorite GH move. I asked how the whole judging thing went. He said that he didn’t think they really took their comments into consideration and just went off the actual score off the game. I asked if I could give him a hug from Alice and Rachel. Of course he said I could, so Alice and Rach, he’s been hugged for you both. And he’s a good hugger to boot. I also told him that a girl named Susan in Germany really missed him or something like that. And I think at some point I yelled out that he was an awesome DJ while he was talking with other people.

Not too long after Dan came back. He dumped his stuff in the bus and came back out. I asked if he wouldn’t mind taking a pic with the sign and he consented. I then asked if I could take a pic with him, and he said sure. I look kinda too happy in the picture though. Ah well. I think it was because he smelled sooooo good. When he went back into the venue, he went to take a shower. And whatever he used, he smelled damn good. I could have sniffed him all night. I also asked if he could sign my shoe and he said sure. He noticed my shirt and commented on the Cubbies. I think more stuff was said, but I can’t recall now. I wish I paid more attention.

After talking with Dan we waited for Damian and Andy to come out. Of course when they did, everyone else flocked to them so we had to wait our turn. The first one we were able to talk to was Damian. I asked if he could take a pic with me and he said sure. I asked if he could sign my shoe. At this point I think he noticed my shirt and asked if it was a DC shirt with bears on it. I said that it was a Chicago cubs shirt and pointed out the little cub heads. He said that the DC flag is similar and since he lived in both places it was a tad confusing. Still, he liked my shirt. I then asked if he wouldn’t mind taking a pic with the sign. At this point he said something about his mother reading the boards and commenting on how he didn’t have a good show the previous night. His impression of his mother was hilarious. Then I think Angie and Katie were talking with him and I noticed Andy was going to be alone, so I moved over.

The first thing I did when I talked with Andy was show him the text from Rachel. The look on his face was priceless. He was like, so you were the one who yelled that out. I asked if he wouldn’t mind taking a pic with the sign and he said sure. Then I asked if I could take a pic with him. Since Angie and Katie were still with Damian, one of the other fans took the pic for me. While I was still in his arms (*swoon*) I asked if he wouldn’t mind taking a reaction pic. He said sure and I said, “Reaction to the Cubs winning the World Series”. He thought about it for a while and then said, “Okay, well we’re gonna be in hell watching it freeze over because that is the only time the Cubs would win.” I rolled my eyes and then struck a pose. I kinda like it. Though I look scared and he has a WTF look. I was just so grateful that he wasn’t bothered that I didn’t budge after the first pic was taken.

After the reaction shot I got out of the way so the nice girl who took our pic could get a pic herself, which I took for her. I think Angie and Katie had joined up with us at that point. We talked about so much stuff and I’m gonna try to write all about it, though I’m not sure it’s gonna be in the right order. So here goes. He remembered me from the Chicago show the previous Monday. adkfjasifnasldfnsifnlkf Wha? adfasdfinsfl And he was the only one that I didn’t get to talk to that night. Katie was asking about putting some of the SDR songs on this awesome website that needs to go live soon!! So I asked about the contest for the DNLBATW CDs again. He said that he had it almost ready, but just hasn’t posted about it yet. I said that he said that back in December. So he confessed that he was lazy, busy, Baseball was happening and he was really famous so he couldn’t do it. I asked if I could give him two hugs. The first hug was from Alice and Rachel who saw them in Philly and then VA. He said sure, so I did. Then I asked if I could give him a hug for calling me on my birthday. He remembered that he called me from the LA show and I put him on hold. I said that it was because I needed to explain to my friends who he was to them. And then I said that I have lame friends. He then said that I do have lame friends and how could they not know who he was, he’s really famous. I said I know. So I gave him another hug. Then I told him I was 13 days older than him. He looked a little confuzzled at that. He said, no, he was 19 days older than me. I said no, my birthday was the 23rd of February. He was like, but you turned 23. At this point I was just completely confused. So I pointed to myself and said ’79 then pointed to him and said ’79. Then I think it finally clicked in his head. I don’t know how it got all so confusing, but it was interesting to say the least. We also talked about the number 23, I mean there's me and Ryne Sandberg, Michael Jordan, Devin Hester and he has a song titled 23. I said the number 23 was magical. I said there were more but I couldn't think of any others at the time.

I think this is where we started to talk about the first OK Go show we saw. Katie said she had seen then at Butler and how awesome they were. They talked some more about that (Katie, I’m sorry dear, but I can’t remember). Then I told him my first show was an acoustic set at a Best Buy back in ‘06. He asked if I just happened to be in the Best Buy. I said no, I heard about it on the radio, they said they were the guys with the treadmill dance, and I thought, why not. He said that they probably sucked and that I would never buy their CD or something like that. I told him no, I went and didn’t know what to expect and then when they started to play my mouth dropped open and the rest is history. Then we talked about other shows they played in MI which is Grand Rapids. Katie showed him where she lived on her palm (ya know MI is shaped like a mitten, anyway). He then told us that he had gotten in trouble a while ago for mixing up Wisconsin and Michigan and thinking WI was the state shaped like a mitten. And then we were talking about the Detroit Tigers. And Andy said something about the BoSox. So I told him that the B on a BoSox hat is actually a B for Becky and pointed to myself. He said really? I said yes. He then told me that the next time he sees the hat he’ll think the B is for Becky. And since he has like the most best memory ever, he just might remember that.

And at some point during the Andy conversation Damian walked past us and I asked if I could give him a hug from Rachel and Alice. He said sure and that he was hugging them back.

I still can’t believe that Andy actually remembered me not only from the Chicago show but that I was the girl that put him on hold. And I have some pretty awesome shoes now.

Edit: The rest of the story of my survival are at my journal as it doesn't really pertain to OK Go anymore.
  • And here are some random pics from the show.

Multi-talented bliss

Damian goes RAWR on the big screen

Andy's smiling and Damian has a WTF look

Damian blows

Andy impersonates Elvis. I feel so bad about this pic but it makes me laugh. So I'm sure Rusty would be okay with that. If not, email me and I'll take it down.

Edit: And dur, all of my pics are located here.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Apr 25 2008, 04:48 PM)
    And they were putting out those tambourines. (I’m never gonna get a tambourine, but that’s okay, I have other stuff)

I really wanted a tambourine, but they were throwing them too far back, and we were right up against the stage. And then after they played the last song Dan came up and gave his sticks to the group RIGHT next to me! The girl directly on my left got one of them and I'm like, "you suck", and then I laughed. She's like "I'm sorry.....No, I'm not". But that's ok, I loved the show!! It just sucked cuz I was so close to getting one dry.gif

But anyways here's some pictures biggrin.gif My mom actually took most of these, cuz I was too busy taking mostly video tongue.gif

Me and Dan (still eating his doughnut)

Us and Bloodcat Love

Tim being DJ

Damian outside

Nice shot from the back wink.gif

Leafblower

Me and Tim

Me and Damian wub.gif
  • ....and us and Andy

• 1) Becky. ZOMG. Hugs. Definitely wub.gif

2) Rebekker, T-shirt and Jeans? Thank you.

OK. Gonna go now.
  • ooo, Becky, I love everything you wrote! I felt like I was there just listening to you tell it smile.gif
    And this-
    is quite the vision of loveliness.

Rebekker, that Damian pic is fantastic! And the ball there- it's so charming and cute!
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Apr 25 2008, 06:54 PM)
    ooo, Becky, I love everything you wrote! I felt like I was there just listening to you tell it smile.gif

Thanks!
    QUOTE (Tabetha @ Apr 25 2008, 06:54 PM)
    And this-
    is quite the vision of loveliness.

Innit?

And two vids are now up!

The House Wins I ♥ Tim's dance moves.
    The Fix Is In "When we got to Grand Rapids"