In this Discussion

April 23, 2008 - Calvin College, Grand Rapids, MI

Comments

• I missed Damian explaining what they're doing on this video, but he met some guy in Italy and what Tim and Damian are demonstrating is how he taught them to show "love" to one another by holding up the palm of your hand to someone while NOT actually touching.It's fucking hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ0_QjHlNIc

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

This video is kinda shaky/crappy and super short, but just notice Damian's very serious face in the beginning while he's using the leaf blower to "clean up" some of the confetti.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVAqs4XIIMk...feature=related

• Those are awesome videos, I got a bunch of videos too, I'll try and get them on youtube at some point
    I loved the whole "Love" part laugh.gif I was cracking up at the concert
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Apr 25 2008, 11:22 PM)
    1) Becky. ZOMG. Hugs. Definitely wub.gif

2) Rebekker, T-shirt and Jeans? Thank you.

Exactly what I was going to say. Becky you are the sweetest, kindest person, thank you SO SO MUCH!! wub.gif
    Ahhh Damian sent hugs to me smile.gif

And Rebekker, those pictures just made my day. I want the T-shirt and jeans to make a come-back. Even more now.

I'm so glad that you all had such a fantastic time, LOVED all of your write ups and thank you again, Becky.

Angie - that 'love' video is brilliant! "It's also good coz it's like 'stay the fuck back'" laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 26 2008, 09:57 AM)
    Exactly what I was going to say. Becky you are the sweetest, kindest person, thank you SO SO MUCH!! wub.gif
    Ahhh Damian sent hugs to me smile.gif

I'm so glad that you all had such a fantastic time, LOVED all of your write ups and thank you again, Becky.

No problem! I figure, a lot of boardies haven't seen them in such a long time and I've been lucky enough to see them 3 times since the new year (and hopefully two more times before the end of May), why not spread the OK Go love? And I'm grateful to them that they were more than happy to oblige.

The last three of my vids are up.

AMW acoustic In the beginning Damian complains that "It's so hard to talk without the important words". And the video gets a little lot blurry here and there 'cause my camera was being a biznatch.
    Invincible my fave from Oh No
    LED Jackets!
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Apr 25 2008, 11:37 PM)
    I also told him that a girl named Susan in Germany really missed him or something like that.

wub.gif hahaha, thank you so much!!!! I really really do miss him
  • "and fishnets, I already did this verse" laugh.gif I heard him say something that wasn't the lyrics, but I couldn't understand him. I watched the video and heard that was what he was saying
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Apr 25 2008, 04:22 PM)
    2) Rebekker, T-shirt and Jeans? Thank you.

I second this. WOW. I am all for the suits....but there's just something about those T-shirts that makes me convulse and fall to the floor.
  • Beckysioux! I was RIGHT next to you. And I do apologize for my obnoxious singing which sucked even more because in combination of my shock from being there and the fact Andy was 5 feet in front of me, I forgot half the lyrics hah. All your videos are excellent, mostly because they're from the angle I saw the concert at and it reminds me I was actually there. Thank you! laugh.gif
  • laugh.gif I was singing too. And my voice is really not good tongue.gif So mostly I just mouthed the words but when I watch the part of my videos when I did sing, I kind of get a little embarrased like, "Why did I do that?" I was also screaming like a maniac, but everyone was doing that biggrin.gif
  • btw, rebekker, we TOTALLY didn't realize you guys were the ones sitting by us that entire time... DURRRRRR. now that you know who we are though... (and vice versa) if we see each other at Chicago/Indy, come say hi!!! smile.gif
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Apr 27 2008, 03:50 PM)
    btw, rebekker, we TOTALLY didn't realize you guys were the ones sitting by us that entire time... DURRRRRR. now that you know who we are though... (and vice versa) if we see each other at Chicago/Indy, come say hi!!! smile.gif

Yeah, I didn't realize it was you guys either. Now that I do I'll be sure to say hi, I'm still gonna try really hard to go to chicago, and I think I might be able to go to Indy now too biggrin.gif
  • oh my gosh, newslang, I just read your write-up and you sound just like me! I really wish that I would have actually carried on a longer conversation with them when I met them. I was too busy freaking out, and I think I was just in shock too, and I couldn't remember anything or even really think straight. All we did was ask if they could sign our shirts and take a picture, and then we pretty much just turned to them after the picture and said thank you and walked on to the next one. Now I'm really upset that I didn't talk to them more.

I wanted to talk to them before. I wanted to plan out what I would say to them tongue.gif but I never got around to it, and then at the actual concert I forgot to say pretty much anything! We did talk to Tim very briefly cuz he said he liked our shirts and he was looking at the pictures we had on the back of them. But that wasn't very long sad.gif

I'm kinda angry at myself for not saying more dry.gif Now I can think of A MILLION things that I wanted to say to them. Like, "You guys were awesome!" "I've been wanting to see you guys forever and I absolutely LOVE all of your music" and a bunch of stuff like that, but I'm stupid and went completely brain dead. Next time I'll make sure I actually talk to them more. But I'm still very happy with my first OK Go concert, it was amazing!
  • QUOTE (newslang89 @ Apr 27 2008, 01:37 PM)
    Beckysioux! I was RIGHT next to you. And I do apologize for my obnoxious singing which sucked even more because in combination of my shock from being there and the fact Andy was 5 feet in front of me, I forgot half the lyrics hah. All your videos are excellent, mostly because they're from the angle I saw the concert at and it reminds me I was actually there. Thank you! laugh.gif

Hey there! I was totally singing along too. Thankfully you can't hear me on the vids. Well, when I screamed you can.
  • QUOTE (Beasle @ Apr 24 2008, 09:58 AM)
    Katie thinks we look like a couple on vacation because we're wearing white. That is FINE. BY. ME. tongue.gif biggrin.gif

Haha. You guys really do look like a couple.

I loved reading everyone's write-ups! It sounds like all of you had a fantastic time.

QUOTE (beckysioux @ Apr 25 2008, 02:37 PM)
    He remembered that he called me from the LA show and I put him on hold.

Hahaha! I always thought Dan had the best memory, but Andy's is pretty good too. And you're such a sweetheart for taking those boardie pictures.

Oh, and Rachel is awesome for that Yankees text.
  • ^^^ laugh.gif Kalinda, I'll bet Andy thought it was pretty awesome too. rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Rebekker @ Apr 27 2008, 07:25 PM)
    I'm kinda angry at myself for not saying more dry.gif Now I can think of A MILLION things that I wanted to say to them. Like, "You guys were awesome!" "I've been wanting to see you guys forever and I absolutely LOVE all of your music" and a bunch of stuff like that, but I'm stupid and went completely brain dead. Next time I'll make sure I actually talk to them more. But I'm still very happy with my first OK Go concert, it was amazing!

You know, I've talked to those guys LOADS of times and I *still* have these ridiculous moments in the car on the way home where I say "DAMMIT I WANTED TO SAY (such and such)!!!!" And although I've gotten fairly comfortable talking with Andy and Dan, Damian still turns me into this little kid and I can't say a thing. Tim I never know how to talk to, but it's more that I'm afraid I won't have anything interesting to say to him.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Apr 27 2008, 10:14 PM)
    Hahaha! I always thought Dan had the best memory, but Andy's is pretty good too. And you're such a sweetheart for taking those boardie pictures.

I am still in a slight state of shock that he not only remembered that conversation but he remembered me from a concert in a different city. Next step, remembering my name.

QUOTE (ezorvera @ Apr 27 2008, 10:14 PM)
    Oh, and Rachel is awesome for that Yankees text.

QUOTE (DJRose @ Apr 27 2008, 11:07 PM)
    ^^^ laugh.gif Kalinda, I'll bet Andy thought it was pretty awesome too. rolleyes.gif

Seriously Rach, the look on his face was priceless.
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ Apr 27 2008, 06:25 PM)

Ditto to what Rachel said.

On the ride up I kept thinking I should thank Damian and Andy for the Net Neutrality thing they did. But of course it flew out of my head once I actually got up to talk with both of them. Same goes for all of their work with Bonerama and Sweet Home New Orleans. They're such good-do-ers and they should really be thanked for it.

I'm still amazed at half the things I've spoken with Andy about.
  • Angie and I had it all planned out, to talk to Damian about Bonerama and all the wonderful things Mark had to say about him... luckily, I remembered after we took our pictures with him, to bring it all up. He was great, and also had wonderful, and hilarious things to say about the guys of Bonerama.

Andy is another story. There are lots of things we talked about, some of which I remember... some of which I don't. I sort of blacked out when I was talking to him... especially after he remembered me and my name.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Apr 28 2008, 11:13 AM)
    Seriously Rach, the look on his face was priceless.

Priceless, Death Stare, same thing.

Katie, he remembered you and your name? That is AWESOME.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Apr 28 2008, 05:07 AM)
    You know, I've talked to those guys LOADS of times and I *still* have these ridiculous moments in the car on the way home where I say "DAMMIT I WANTED TO SAY (such and such)!!!!" And although I've gotten fairly comfortable talking with Andy and Dan, Damian still turns me into this little kid and I can't say a thing. Tim I never know how to talk to, but it's more that I'm afraid I won't have anything interesting to say to him.

Rachel and I spent pretty much the entire ride home recalling things that we'd meant to say after the Virginia show, didn't we? I'm kind of the opposite to you, Rach - Tim, I could talk to for hours (Oh my god, if only I had the opportunity. Think of the sheer number of innuendos I would walk into rolleyes.gif ), but I sort of have less to say to Andy.

I tend to melt into Damian's eyes and everything that was in my head completely evaporates. He was looking at me so intently as I was explaining how my mom had let me come to the US to see them, and I had to keep flicking my eyes down just so that I could concentrate on keeping my balance. Oy. Such a fangirl. happy.gif