In this Discussion

April 23, 2008 - Calvin College, Grand Rapids, MI

12346»

Comments

• laugh.gif it sounds like most of us have the same problem. Our minds just completely empty when we're with them. I'm determined to plan and remember what I'm gonna say next time I see them, I don't wanna be a dummy again and say absolutely nothing
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 28 2008, 10:02 AM)
    Rachel and I spent pretty much the entire ride home recalling things that we'd meant to say after the Virginia show, didn't we? I'm kind of the opposite to you, Rach - Tim, I could talk to for hours (Oh my god, if only I had the opportunity. Think of the sheer number of innuendos I would walk into rolleyes.gif ), but I sort of have less to say to Andy.

I tend to melt into Damian's eyes and everything that was in my head completely evaporates. He was looking at me so intently as I was explaining how my mom had let me come to the US to see them, and I had to keep flicking my eyes down just so that I could concentrate on keeping my balance. Oy. Such a fangirl. happy.gif

Would you believe it's Dan the Man that I get tongue tied and shy around? Everyone talks to him so easily. I just get stunned by his sparkly eyes and smile. Tim and Damian, I got no problems with, except that I get to talking too much about dentistry and about NJ, but that's all Kulashi's fault.
  • I'm really REALLY sick of studying public policy...so here are some more random pictures smile.gif

The lead singed from Bloodcat Love had THE coolest pair of cuban heels.

And this guy (Justin) was super cute...

I got the black jeans memo...
  • So, I remember one song particularly from the number of songs that Tim played before the concert. It was "That's Not My Name" by the Ting Tings. I haven't heard that song before and at first it sounded pretty awesome but then honestly I started being like, wow this song is real repetitive and I didn't really like it that much. But it was so catchy that it stuck in my head and I remembered it, so I looked it up to show some of my friends and surprisingly I actually really like the song. It kinda grew on me.

I listened to it on their myspace and some of their other songs too. And then yesterday I was watching TV and that one ipod commercial came on with their song "Shut up and let me go" came on and I go "Hey! That's the Ting Tings!" to my sister. And she's like "Huh?" cuz she didn't know the name of the band, so I told her it was the band that sings that one song that Tim played. Now I actually really like the Ting Tings tongue.gif Wooo Tim for playing that song!
  • Haha Beasle, I agree, Justin is a cutie. When my friend and I saw him going into his room at the hotel he gave us the strangest look haha
    And just because this is my favorite picture from the night, I'll share it

...I had a pointing war with him. I'm pretty sure I won. biggrin.gif
  • Haha I love the picture! Myles was a piece of work smile.gif

He must really like that shirt cool.gif
  • Whoa. Good find there, Angie!!!
  • i really like that shirt on him! smile.gif
    good eye, ang wink.gif
  • oh my gosh! That's so funny! I totally didn't realize that before laugh.gif
  • I uploaded some videos on youtube finally!!! Most of these are pretty much when Damian was talking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH0_dPIaB-4 - trying not to cuss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOU8fPjHL6A - When we got to Grand Rapids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv9PYP1bCeM - Voting and Leafblower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTRtWcPSJ_w - Talking about leafblower and coming into the audience

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIUef6q8OZk - No Cinnamon Lips sad.gif

I've got a few more but haven't finished uploading them yet
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ May 12 2008, 03:30 PM)

When he's asking about the Electric Boogie, he's looking directly at me. At least that's what I remember anyway.

QUOTE (Rebekker @ May 12 2008, 04:01 PM)

Who's House? Run's House!

Rachel, be sure to check out 2:13. I'm pretty sure he's thinkin' of you ;P

Awesome vids Rebekker!!! It all looks so different from the vantage point of Damian's Domain.
  • ohhhhhhhhhhhh....Lord have MERCY blink.gif somebody bring me a glass of water

Damian outside

Nice shot from the back wink.gif

• QUOTE (beckysioux @ May 12 2008, 10:32 PM)
    Rachel, be sure to check out 2:13. I'm pretty sure he's thinkin' of you ;P

You're just saying that to make me feel better. Although the possibility makes me smile quite a bit.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ May 13 2008, 08:34 AM)
    You're just saying that to make me feel better. Although the possibility makes me smile quite a bit.

Have you been able to view it with sound yet?
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ May 13 2008, 04:09 PM)
    Have you been able to view it with sound yet?

When you posted that I hadn't, but now I have. Still. He's probably just like "oh I love my fans".