In this Discussion

3rd album ideas?

edited November -1 in OK Go
New rock on the way

Right now the boys are working hard to brew up another 45 minutes of rocking your face off. They've written a whole slew of songs, but, perfectionists they are, they claim they still need to write more. Stay tuned for more details as they trickle in. And if you have some particular theme you'd like them to cover on the next record, now's the time to let them know. Maybe they'll write a song just for you. Send your ideas to akman@okgo.net.

step to it kids!

and post your ideas in here, so we can all claim a song on the next album when it comes along!

Comments

• here are my suggestions:

Dear gentlemen of rock

here are some ideas for the upcoming amazing album:

- A song where Mr Rusty sings
    - A song where Mr Tim sings
    - Songs with Dami, Rusty and Tim singing in harmony
    - A B-side cover down the line of 'Hold the line' by toto, as i love the old school live vershon of the song you lovely fellows did
    - A song about how amazing red heads are..

keep on rocking sirs

and please come back to england really soon, as its been almost 3 years since ive seen you..which makes me die a little inside

- Andy
  • biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

If they write a song about how amazing redheads are... I may die a little from happiness.

I'm still thinking, but I know I'm going to ask for a song on which Tim sings, too, and some dark, quirky material - Hello My Treacherous Friends and Bruise Grey-esque, you know? But also insist on some cowbell SOMEWHERE. wink.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ May 12 2008, 06:53 PM)
    biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

If they write a song about how amazing redheads are... I may die a little from happiness.

DITTO.
  • Qu'est-ce que c'est??
    What's that from, Andy? So random!

I don't have a specific request- I just want something that rocks hard enough that I can reach a play count of over 800 (which is my HIGA playcount).

• It would be cool to have a song with a children's choir integrated somehow.

? just a thought!!

• A song about the boardies!!!!

*ahem* too much sugar. Gah, I really want to hear Dan sing for some reason. More fun quirky stuff. i think i'll just ask them to create PURE AWESOME. kthxbye.
  • A recorded version of "Don't Bring Me Down."

Though I think that may work better as a live b-side as opposed to a studio recording.

Rats, I've just finished my Haribo. sad.gif
  • i agree with my darling kt 1000%

but just something that totally fucking rocks. which... is what we'll get.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ May 13 2008, 06:13 AM)
    A recorded version of "Don't Bring Me Down."

Though I think that may work better as a live b-side as opposed to a studio recording.

They've sort of got that on the Live in Soho EP... although it's acoustic, so you don't get quite the same feel.

Oooh Prove My Love as a b-side would be fab too smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ May 13 2008, 04:05 AM)
    Qu'est-ce que c'est??
    What's that from, Andy? So random!

I don't have a specific request- I just want something that rocks hard enough that I can reach a play count of over 800 (which is my HIGA playcount).

its from the latest newsletter from...not Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, as hes still away..
  • QUOTE (Electra @ May 13 2008, 08:53 AM)
    They've sort of got that on the Live in Soho EP... although it's acoustic, so you don't get quite the same feel.

Not at all.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ May 12 2008, 06:53 PM)
    But also insist on some cowbell SOMEWHERE. wink.gif

Very, very much agreed.

I think they should write a rockin' song that invokes fire and ambition, like DO SOMETHING! Because I'm a lazy procrastinator, and I'm sure many of you can say the same. I want a motavational song. Is that too specific?

This is so, so, so kickass for them to do.
  • yeah! it is really kickass of them!

*sigh* they are just so damn lovely.

And this is precisely why we love them - for all of these wonderful qualities of kickassitude, can I get a witness?

*audible, swooning fangirl sigh*

• I would like some quips abotu society such as in crash the party, i just love theway they can take some subjects that we all look a certain way and totally move them around. I would love to hear Damian make fun of our society a little more. I know he does that in real life quite a bit, but then it will tide us over till we get to see his really really ridiculously good looking face again. So thats my suggestion.
  • QUOTE (punkwhitechocolate @ May 13 2008, 11:25 PM)
    I would like some quips abotu society such as in crash the party, i just love theway they can take some subjects that we all look a certain way and totally move them around. I would love to hear Damian make fun of our society a little more. I know he does that in real life quite a bit, but then it will tide us over till we get to see his really really ridiculously good looking face again. So thats my suggestion.

YES!

that's what hooked me in the first place.
    I shouldn't even get myself started writing about it. He's so smart and witty and, well, that is just insanely sexy.

sorry to gush again. But I guess I'm in good company for that, right?
    I love coming here because you guys get it.
  • Okeydoke, I emailed a few of my ideas and here's what I wrote...

Hey,

I have a couple of ideas that I think would be awesome for the next album.

First of all, I think that Tim should definately sing in at least one of the songs.

And I like the idea of kind of a duet thing with Tim and Damian. Maybe with them alternating the lead vocals. I think that would be cool.

And there definately needs to be some songs that just make you want to dance. Something like "Don't Ask Me" that you just can't help moving to the music. I have to dance everytime I hear that song and I think we should have a couple more songs like that smile.gif

Good luck on the Album and I hope everything goes great! Can't wait until it's finished!!

Love,
    Becky
  • You all have great ideas!
    My email got a little lengthy, but here it is:
    Dear OK Go,

I'm sure some of the boardies have already suggested this, but I would love to hear Tim and Andy sing, as well as Damian of course. Also, a song about the wonderful fans you guys have and how dedicated we all are to our favorite band, possibly with a mention of gifts or the boards.

I think a song about how different the world is today, with our new technology, state of mind, and attitudes, compared to that of the past would be great.

I know one boardie suggested this already, but I would love to have more songs that make fun of our society.

Also, I would love a good recording of "Women and Men". We all have a live version, which I personally adore, but a studio recording of one would be amazing.

Motivational, upbeat songs are usually some of my favorites. Songs like that that just make you want to dance and run around and be happy.

I think it's so great of you to take our suggestions. I'm sure your third cd will be just as good, if not better, than the last two.

Good luck!

Thanks,
    Christine
  • I haven't officially e-mailed this to them, it's just a spur of the moment thought:

I'd love to hear some original Rusty Ross compositions even if it's Damian doing the singing. A song or two sung by Andy would be great as well. This is his first official album with the band (not counting singles and itune songs), and I've been eager to hear the great contributions he might make. Besides, can you imagine the fun of hearing Damian banter on stage as he introduces Andy for a song?
  • oh my! I totally forgot about this. I already emailed them that they should make a fan girl song...

but TEMPE! you should suggesst a Tiny OK Go song! That would be the shizz.
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ May 22 2008, 06:49 PM)
    oh my! I totally forgot about this. I already emailed them that they should make a fan girl song...

but TEMPE! you should suggesst a Tiny OK Go song! That would be the shizz.

How bout a song about dentistry---oh, wait they've already done that! tongue.gif

Lol, yes a song about Teeny Ok Go, or as Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore knows them, Tiny Ok Go.

Fangirl song is brilliant. That would be a great idea for a song that could invoke energy, enthusiam, and tongue in cheek anger (ala "Don't Ask Me").