In this Discussion

Upcoming TV Season

edited November -1 in General Discussion
So what shows is everyone looking forward to for the fall season? The new Jerry O'Connell sitcom Do Not Disturb looks awesome and of course I'm a Lost junkie.

Comments

• i watch entirely too much tv... thus i am looking forward to new seasons of lost, prison break, house and bones...
  • when does LOST start? cause i get it the sunday after you guys

so i have to avoic most threads untill then
  • Aw crap, I just looked it up - Lost isn't back until early 2009!!! Stoooopid.

I'm actually kind of excited for The Biggest Loser's new season too. Anybody else ever watch that show?
  • QUOTE (That70sGirl @ Aug 25 2008, 05:43 PM)
    Aw crap, I just looked it up - Lost isn't back until early 2009!!! Stoooopid.

I'm actually kind of excited for The Biggest Loser's new season too. Anybody else ever watch that show?

What!? Why does stupid Lost always do that like their some sort of HBO show? From what my friend who got me into Lost tells me, fans got sick of the repeats that go on during the fall when Lost used to start their season at a normal Sept/Oct time period. So now Lost starts in Jan or Feb so that there are less repeats in between weeks of new shows. But still! It drives me crazy!

My sis loves The Biggest Loser. I watched an open casting call for the next season of the Biggest Loser (the season that will follow the one that's about to air). It was being held at the nearby mall here. There was a line of people waiting to be led into a store that was out of business. There were black streamers separating the entrance of the store to the rest of the mall. A group of people were led into the store and each time they emerged the casting people had the crowd cheer for them.

I love "Beauty and the Geek" and "Reaper." I was disapointed by the way they ended last season's Beauty and the Geek. They turned it into a Bachelor type ending where all the cast got together to discuss the show and wait for the results in front of a live studio audience. It was irritating. I love "The Next Great American Band." I hate waiting for Christmas to see it again.
  • i need to watch some entourage yo. love that show, although the season may have started already, who knows with those quirky hbo guys
  • I'm pumped for The Office, and Scrubs, whenever it actually comes on, whatever network it's on... Desperate Housewives, always.

I'm also kind of excited for Kath and Kim, the new one with Molly Shannon and Selma Blair
  • Wow, how funny about the Biggest Loser casting call. Premiere date: Sept 16th -- we're almost there!!!

And I need to catch up on Entourage -- wish I had HBO!
  • How bout "America's Next Top Model's" opening with all the silly pretend lab stuff? I felt like they should've given it a rest already! It was too theaterical. But that transgender model is interesting. How about when she was doing her shoot and a few evil little contestants got behind the voting booth to whisper mean things at her and throw her off?
  • ^dude, the robot thing was disgusting. i couldn't watch it. i was just too embarrassed.
    oh and i really like Isis (i think that's her name, the transgender model). it's sad that so many of the girls are turd bombs to her though :( i would have kicked some butt already if i was her...
  • theres this show the fels and i watched lastnight with Pacy from Dawsons creek in it. it was pretty goodish... like what fel said was spot on... its like the xfiles except the chick is mulder and pacy is scully... so yeah... we'll see if that turns out good.

but yes! HOUSE.

theres massive posters of House and Dwight and prison break gay dude in the subways here... i wanted to steal the house one... and the dwight one...
  • QUOTE (That70sGirl @ Aug 25 2008, 07:21 PM)
    The new Jerry O'Connell sitcom Do Not Disturb looks awesome and of course I'm a Lost junkie.

I think it looks awesome too. I'm a huge Arrested Development and the first episode is directed by Jason Bateman so that should be really good. I'm also excited for The Office and I secretly watch Gossip Girl. Don't tell anyone.
  • I can't wait for The Office tomorrow!!!!!

LOVED WORST WEEK. I screamed with laughter the whole time. It was brilliant. I laughed even more than I do at The Office. My sister and I now have a new favorite show.

On the other hand, I hate Big Bang. A show about nerd stereotypes and blondy stereotypes? That's so stupid- seriously, that's an idiotic premise for a show. And as a physics major, let me tell you they are way off. They also have a lot of scientific inaccuracies when they try to sound smart. Admittedly, I've only seen one episode but even that was too much.
    I really wanted this show to come off the air- it was doing horribly, but for some reason got renewed and now all of a sudden ppl love it.

What's worse is that while Big Bang got to stay, my and my sister's favorite show, Moonlight, got canceled. Moonlight was so good: it was extremely well-acted and believable. It was fresh and really addicting. But for some reason the good show gets kicked and the insipid show is here for another season.

and while I'm talking about shows that I hate- Two and a Half Men and How I Met Your Mother are both disgusting and not funny. It's not clever to make sex jokes for half an hour. It's crass. I don't understand why people watch those, and I wish they'd get canceled too. Just how long does it take ppl to get tired of sex jokes?!

I also saw CSI Miami last night, since it came on after Worst Week- it was so contrived and wasn't worth watching. I'm annoyed that they were like, "Horatio was shot!" all summer and then the premier was so not worth that drama.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Sep 23 2008, 05:52 PM)
    On the other hand, I hate Big Bang. A show about nerd stereotypes and blondy stereotypes? That's so stupid- seriously, that's an idiotic premise for a show. And as a physics major, let me tell you they are way off. They also have a lot of scientific inaccuracies when they try to sound smart. Admittedly, I've only seen one episode but even that was too much.
    I really wanted this show to come off the air- it was doing horribly, but for some reason got renewed and now all of a sudden ppl love it.

and while I'm talking about shows that I hate- Two and a Half Men and How I Met Your Mother are both disgusting and not funny. It's not clever to make sex jokes for half an hour. It's crass. I don't understand why people watch those, and I wish they'd get canceled too. Just how long does it take ppl to get tired of sex jokes?!

Obviously we can't argue opinions, but here's my take on the shows:

I actually love the Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother. The former is ridiculous and, even if they are inaccurate, that's not the point. For some weird reason, I almost identify. I was (am) completely socially awkward and really a geek and though this show is obviously blowing that to a completely ridiculous extreme, there are still moments where I'm like "YEAH, that happened to me." Actually, there's a scene where one of the characters goes to a computer store and ends up basically becoming an ad hoc IT guy. My brother does that ALL THE TIME.

And as for How I Met Your Mother, of course it's crass, but I'M crass too! Also, I am willing to forgive any show that stars Neil Patrick Harris. (Also, Jason Segel and Alyson Hannigan!) But the real reason I like this show is because it actually seems like the actors enjoy hanging out with one another. It's hard to not get into it when they look like they're genuinely enjoying themselves too!

Also: Seriously. I love Neil Patrick Harris:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhXsJjVdj1E
  • i agree completely with amy here!

i love all 3 shows =]
  • Ok, I subscribed to The Biggest Loser's YouTube channel (yes, I'm a dork) and they just added this video... how disgustingly hilarious is this?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zcVN2FKNq0
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Sep 23 2008, 02:44 PM)
    Also: Seriously. I love Neil Patrick Harris:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhXsJjVdj1E

biggrin.gif lol
    is that the same scene Tim and Damian do sometimes?

two words about Neil Patrick Harris: Dr. Horrible.
    wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Sep 23 2008, 10:52 AM)

There is something about the Big Bang Theory I can't stand. The theme to me sounded entertaining with nerds as the heroes. But I don't like the acting. Good acting is huge for me. I can't stand the dude from Rosanne playing the main nerd.
  • ZOMG YES Amy, I LOVE that clip of NPH doing the Confrontation.

QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Sep 23 2008, 06:46 PM)
    biggrin.gif lol
    is that the same scene Tim and Damian do sometimes?

And Yes on both counts to you, Meg. biggrin.gif wub.gif
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Sep 23 2008, 11:46 PM)

God I love Dr. Horrible. Hulu doesn't stream it up here in ye olde Canada, so my roommates and I (one who ALSO loves Dr. Horrible and the other who was a general Buffy fan, but is all for singing) have been pissed.

Translation: They could care less. I'm pissed.
  • OH MY GOD! I had never heard of Dr. Horrible until you guys mentioned it and I watched it yesterday and it was AMAZING! I love Joss Whedon. In my musical class, my teacher showed clips from the musical Buffy episode and me and three other girls were all excited and no one else cared.