In this Discussion

BOOKING OKGO

edited November -1 in OK Go
http://prettypolly.com/hotframeset.html

Let's start saving up, ladies biggrin.gif Only $35,000ish smile.gif

Comments

• QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Nov 25 2008, 06:44 PM)
    http://prettypolly.com/hotframeset.html

Let's start saving up, ladies biggrin.gif Only $35,000ish smile.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif wouldn't that be fantastic!!
  • I guess that means they'll be back on the road in the spring, then.

Also, can we book Franz Ferdinand, too?? For the same tour?
  • Haha, I actually looked into this for my school but sadly we aren't having a spring concert due to budget cuts.
  • *sigh*

maybe we could all have a fundraiser, like a bake sale or something. lol.

blink.gif
  • OK Go, Franz, and Girl Talk too??

Get those bake sales started! I'll sell my eggs, too. That should be a few grand.

Seriously, if I win the lottery before my 21st birthday, they are so going to be there, and you are all totally fuckin' invited biggrin.gif
  • hey, yeah!

It's an egg sale!!

So come on girls!
  • ^^One day, I will be a rich dentist and use the finances for Boardie-palooza.
  • when i first saw this thread, i though
    "how awesome would it be to privately book okgo?!"
    so much for that, 30-40K forget it!
    oh well, i guess i'll just have to get to the concerts really early to get a good spot
  • Haha, maybe we'd get a boardie discount? Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, can you pull a few strings?? tongue.gif

QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Nov 30 2008, 12:06 PM)
    OK Go, Franz, and Girl Talk too??

Ahhh... Girl Talk shows are SICKKKKKKKKK. Seriously was one of the most euphoric experiences of my life.
    Add OK Go and I'm pretty sure I would die from sensory overload. In a good way, of course...
  • i can be booked for your special occasion and i wont be nearly as expensive...

... or entertaining
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Jan 10 2009, 12:44 AM)
    i can be booked for your special occasion and i wont be nearly as expensive...

... or entertaining

can I pay you in toothbrushes and toothpaste?
  • depends. i always liked aquafresh kids toothpaste. it reminds me of my youth. actually. no i wont accept dental supplies. acts like myself and okgo dont settle for tooth things. thats more greenday's bag
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Jan 11 2009, 02:33 AM)
    actually. no i wont accept dental supplies. acts like myself and okgo dont settle for tooth things.

what if i throw in a toaster and a george foreman grill, would you consider it then?!?
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Jan 12 2009, 09:43 PM)
    what if i throw in a toaster and a george foreman grill, would you consider it then?!?

i could throw in some worn out tennis shoes!
    (i'm sure that'd sweeten the deal)
  • thats a pretty good deal. ive always wanted a foreman grill.
  • I know this is gonna make me sound like Ive never played a show before, but I just had some questions about getting gigs and booking.

The only shows that Ive ever played were with other bands. The venue was booked by those bands and all we did was show up and play. Well, now Im trying to set up some shows of our own, and just a little lost in the process. How much do venues usually cost? What are some good local venues? How do I go about booking one?
  • QUOTE (gloryforixseal @ Jun 18 2009, 01:57 PM)
    I know this is gonna make me sound like Ive never played a show before, but I just had some questions about getting gigs and booking.

The only shows that Ive ever played were with other bands. The venue was booked by those bands and all we did was show up and play. Well, now Im trying to set up some shows of our own, and just a little lost in the process. How much do venues usually cost? What are some good local venues? How do I go about booking one?

I honestly know relatively little about booking, but I think it depends on the venue. I know that, say, Cake Shop in NYC is constantly looking for bands to fill up their schedule - they tend to book a lot of indie and local acts, and all they ask is that you have a good draw.

Most venues have contact / booking information listed on their websites; try looking up some places and contacting them for more info. Some places, especially larger ones, are going to say no unsolicited bands, but those probably aren't the venues you should trying to be booking your first shows at.

Rachel probably knows more about this, to be honest.