In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 30 2009, 01:18 PM)
    Alice if he doesn't get the message and immediately find out where you are, come running to wherever that might be, scoop you up into his arms and carry you off into the sunset then he's a moron

Or slightly creepy.
  • dearest british boardies,
    someone just introduced me to a band called Goldfrapp. I kinda like them. What do you guys think and is it worth starting a thread for over in the musical arena area?
    love
    tempe the british wanna be
  • i personaly really really dont like them..

they have been overplayed in my ears..
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 30 2009, 06:18 PM)
    Alice if he doesn't get the message and immediately find out where you are, come running to wherever that might be, scoop you up into his arms and carry you off into the sunset then he's a moron and therefore not good enough to date you.

Just sayin'.

Hahahahaha thank you.
    He replied last night with this super sweet message, assuring me that I had done nothing embarrassing, so that's all good. And he's just ever so lovely and getting lovelier all the time. I dunno. We'll have to see...

QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jan 30 2009, 09:31 PM)
    i *think* ive got a promotion at work..

"Today the council nominated Andrew Taylor as PR Champion for the store, with the veiw to increase potential community awareness from Make the Diffrence Days by making relations with the press, and look for oppertunitites in the press for Keyworth in interact with the comunity"

Wooo congratulations Andy1!! That sounds brilliant!! I guess you'll be organising adverts in the local papers and stuff?

QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 31 2009, 08:59 AM)
    dearest british boardies,
    someone just introduced me to a band called Goldfrapp. I kinda like them. What do you guys think and is it worth starting a thread for over in the musical arena area?
    love
    tempe the british wanna be

I've never been into them, personally, and Ooh La La is played pretty much 24 hours a day here. It features in at least 50% of commercials, which gets rather annoying.

On another, random note, I was filmed for a documentary last night. I'm friends with this musical genius here at Cambridge called Alex Stobbs, who had a documentary made about him a couple of years ago, and they're making a new one now that he's at uni. It was his birthday party last night and they filmed some of us, t'was pretty cool. Only I'm a little nervous as my dress was particularly low-cut and will be on national TV.... oops happy.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Jan 31 2009, 03:06 PM)
    Wooo congratulations Andy1!! That sounds brilliant!! I guess you'll be organising adverts in the local papers and stuff?

cheers hun, yeah, ill be writing to papers asking for editorials on the shop, and the charity work we are doing

get a big breifing on tuesday, so more to come!
  • I love dlisted.com

Christian Bale lost it and cussed out the Director of Photography on the set of the movie Terminator Salvation. I find it strangely compelling like a trainwreck.

http://dlisted.com/node/30494
  • i love christian bale. we all know hes kindof a dick, right? but still, very talented dude.

also,

today we told poo stories. yes. poo stories. poo. stories. stories about poo.

ive crossed a line.

• indeed, you have! You smell like poo!

• Ooo, ooo! I want my new name to be: Sequin!
  • QUOTE (MyFavoritePerson @ Feb 2 2009, 04:03 PM)
    I love dlisted.com

Christian Bale lost it and cussed out the Director of Photography on the set of the movie Terminator Salvation. I find it strangely compelling like a trainwreck.

http://dlisted.com/node/30494

QUOTE (sweetness @ Feb 4 2009, 12:16 AM)
    i love christian bale. we all know hes kindof a dick, right? but still, very talented dude.

dude! i wasn't completely clear on who he is until we watched 'swing kids' last week in school. we were watching it and my teacher said something about the character 'thomas' was played by christian bale.. i had never seen him before we watched swing kids so, my thoughts at that moment he started talking about it in class: THIS IS CHRISTIAN BALE?!(heheheheh) ohmy.gif i feel so behind the times...shiz...

i'm definitely becoming a fan of him, though happy.gif

(i get to see the dark knight auf Deutsch on thursday!)
  • He apologized on KROQ and it's actually an extremely sincere apology.

http://dlisted.com/node/30579
  • um today i saw a dude that looke SO MUCH like andy on the bus to school...

i just blasted OK Go on my mp3 player and stood next to him and thought out fantasies of going to the same university as Rusty and being his Buddy.

we could do so much shit! like I could stalk him! and yeah!
  • Every time I watch the movie Rudy I cry. And wouldn't you know it, it's on right now. *weep*

Rudy Rudy Rudy Rudy Rudy Rudy Rudy
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Feb 16 2009, 06:55 PM)
    Every time I watch the movie Rudy I cry. And wouldn't you know it, it's on right now. *weep*

this movie came up in conversation between my brother, his girlfriend and i about two weeks ago, we decided we were going to have a rudy themed party, it hasn't happened yet...
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Feb 16 2009, 07:55 PM)

I do not know the movie you speak of...

But, I'm guessing it's a bad thing that my first thought was to put an "ahhhhhhhhhh" after that. Especially since I'm pretty sure the Kaiser Chiefs song is actually Ruby, not Rudy. Yeah, it is, isn't it? Oh well.
    unsure.gif
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Feb 16 2009, 08:14 PM)
    this movie came up in conversation between my brother, his girlfriend and i about two weeks ago, we decided we were going to have a rudy themed party, it hasn't happened yet...

That would be a fun party smile.gif oh how precious little Sean Astin is!!

I need some new pictures...
  • Question for y'all. In the fall semester, when do you gals usually have midterms? Is it the week before, the week during, or the week after Halloween? Or something else?
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Feb 16 2009, 11:39 PM)
    Especially since I'm pretty sure the Kaiser Chiefs song is actually Ruby, not Rudy. Yeah, it is, isn't it? Oh well.
    unsure.gif

the kaiser chiefs song is ruby, which also happens to be my neices name, she always asks me to put on the "i'm ruby ruby ruby" song wub.gif
  • That's adorable, Darbie.