In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• I think I've just found a perfect intern place... only thing, it's a three month thing, and I don't think it's paid... but it sounds so lovely... and it's ENGLAND!!! not even 2 hours from London.
  • this sounds interesting suzie, you shall have to tell me more latter =]
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jan 30 2009, 03:31 PM)
    i *think* ive got a promotion at work..

"Today the council nominated Andrew Taylor as PR Champion for the store, with the veiw to increase potential community awareness from Make the Diffrence Days by making relations with the press, and look for oppertunitites in the press for Keyworth in interact with the comunity"

Yay, this is so late [haven't been on in a little while], but congrats!!!
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Feb 19 2009, 11:05 PM)
    Cupcakes!

Katy, you have officially made me really hungry. Oh, gosh.

How long 'til I get my personal batch in the mail? Hmmm?? wink.gif
  • QUOTE (YoDoofball! @ Feb 20 2009, 01:18 AM)
    Katy, you have officially made me really hungry. Oh, gosh.

How long 'til I get my personal batch in the mail? Hmmm?? ;)

ditto, haha, those look really good
  • Katy, I don't think those will keep in the next 2 weeks? wink.gif
  • WOAH, are those what Love Hearts look like in the states???
  • Usually they're smaller, but generally yes.
    I didn't have any candy hearts this valentine's. that's kind of sad.
  • Ooooh ours look... less synthetic, I guess. Not as brightly coloured...

• QUOTE (DJRose @ Feb 20 2009, 08:13 AM)
    Katy, I don't think those will keep in the next 2 weeks? wink.gif

Oh, those are already gone. I only just got around to posting the pictures. I was going to make some chocolate chip ones, but I don't think I'll have time before work...

Those are chocolate chiffon cake (which I didn't care for, sorry, Alton Brown) with vanilla French buttercream. If you've never had French buttercream, it is worlds different from American buttercream and to DIE for. Truly excellent.

Also, I don't know how to ship them without them going stale. :S

QUOTE (Electra @ Feb 20 2009, 10:36 AM)
    WOAH, are those what Love Hearts look like in the states???

I bought the big ones for my cupcakes. Normally they're tinier, but that wouldn't work. Please refer to my icon for further examples.
  • Those cupcakes look and sound delicious.

I think I like the look of British candy hearts more than ours.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Feb 21 2009, 01:54 AM)
    I think I like the look of British candy hearts more than ours.

But are they as mildly addictive as ours?
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Feb 19 2009, 11:05 PM)
    Cupcakes!

Ahaha! The day before valentine's we had those conversation hearts! One said Head over Heels and I started singing it and we laughed about it.
    But then I found "Honey Pie" and started screaming. smile.gif

Also, so. A while ago, I found out that USPS's website ships flatrate boxes for free. So I ordered 500+ boxes as a joke. They were still free, and no s&h charge.
    And they came in yesterday. The USPS lady and I unload the entire truck. The ENTIRE truck. Like, there are about twenty boxes full of boxes, and some boxes bundled with plastic wrapping, and ten envelopes. She was so confused, "Are you starting a business?" she asked. "Nope."
    So I put these boxes of boxes in my room.
    Then my mom got home and I told her I cleaned my room. She went to see it and started screaming at me. :|
    The only one who thought it's funny besides me is my older sister Elaine, who lives in New Mexico.

Really, personally, I think this is the best thing ever.
    I hope the free flatrate thing is still going on when I'm a senior. I have a good idea for a senior prank.
  • ^^You could start a business selling boxes to friends and family who are moving. Just track down all your friends who are going away to college - they ALWAYS need boxes.
  • *Gasp!* The McRib sandwich is back in town!
  • i'm cooking chilli fries...
  • I'M SICK DO NOT WANT mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
  • I'M SICK DO NOT WANT mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
  • Have some warm milk and honey! I'm a steadfast believer in the healing power of honey (even if it's purely psychosomatic).

edit: eff food talk. I have a belly full of cookies (and prunes). It's time to PARTY!
    (Party, in this case, refers to studying queer theater, which totally is a party)