In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• I have been drinking tea with honey for the past two days to no avail. sad.gif
  • Baaaaaw. Feel better!
  • try oil of oregano! its gross, but im told its good... for everything really. i had some last friday, i dont know if it made me any better.

• Last night I saw an oppossum play sewer rat when I scared it by walking near it. Though I must admit it was cute watching that furry little body scamper.
  • nevermind.
  • I dunno why but I have absolutely no need to listen to new ok go songs.... I am just ...not excited... how weird is that? I guess I just... rather have some demos or recordings instead of live videos... meh, this is sad, I should be super thrilled now that there are actual news. sad.gif

I think today was the most boring day in a long long time. good that it's over soon. I might go to bed right now. meh. so bored
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Mar 8 2009, 01:09 PM)
    I dunno why but I have absolutely no need to listen to new ok go songs.... I am just ...not excited... how weird is that? I guess I just... rather have some demos or recordings instead of live videos... meh, this is sad, I should be super thrilled now that there are actual news. sad.gif

I think today was the most boring day in a long long time. good that it's over soon. I might go to bed right now. meh. so bored

Ah, mayo, I know what you're saying. I go thru some days of utter blah. But also, I can understand your Ok Go blahs. It's been a long time since we've been able to enjoy interacting with them and going to shows. Until I saw some of the videos yesterday, I was starting to feel a bit blahed by them lately. Something about them in recent months, to me, started to feel pretentious. (Sort of why, I've been more of a lurker lately on here.) I'm glad people from yesterday's show posted videos and pics because when I see the show, I see that the lads are still energetic and youthful and fired up. And I do hope, like you're saying, that they'll post some actual things for their fans soon that's new a fresh. I love Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, but many of the things in his newsletter turn out to be things we see days before he posts them. All I can recommend is to check out some of the pics or just a bit of the videos and see if you feel better. I do for sure. I shall send you a virtual load of Southern friend chicken and biskets to get you outta the blahs. wink.gif
  • Susi ^^ ditto. I feel totally blah right now. I'm hoping I'll get excited again once things start moving closer to home - I wish they'd come to europe soon to un-blah me!!

The fact that Damian's hair looks like it's getting longer is DEFINITELY helping slightly, though.
  • I understand the blahs, guys, I've had them too. But believe me that the new album is shaping up to be completely worth the wait. I'm really excited about it! I know several of you are committed to being "spoiler-free", and that's all kinds of honorable. But if you heard the new songs, well, you would lose the blahs. Watching the guys back onstage all fired up for the new material is so great. Remember how happy we all said Damian looked for the Bonerama shows? That's what he looks like now, especially when they do "This Too Shall Pass".

• QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 8 2009, 07:45 PM)
    I'm hoping I'll get excited again once things start moving closer to home - I wish they'd come to europe soon to un-blah me!!

I know how you feel. I mean, they are RIGHT above the Canadian border right now and still won't visit. sad.gif Really, guys? Three years? It's that inconvenient?
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Mar 8 2009, 04:09 PM)
    I dunno why but I have absolutely no need to listen to new ok go songs.... I am just ...not excited... how weird is that? I guess I just... rather have some demos or recordings instead of live videos... meh, this is sad, I should be super thrilled now that there are actual news. sad.gif

I can totally understand where you are coming from, especially since live videos upped on YouTube, unless somebody has some fancy professional camera that they snuck in, just sound crap half the time. Also, pre-this tour, I was TOTALLY in the OK Go blahs. I really was. In fact, I'm MORE excited hearing the new stuff onstage and singing along to the three lines I know than them playing any of their old stuff, which just sort of leave me "eh" right now.

But. The new stuff is amazing. Truly so. In its defence. So you will be out of the blahs, I promise.

And, like, I mean. The record hasn't even come close to coming out yet. They haven't played this shit for their label. This is a test run, which means they're not going to criss-cross the entire nation yet. Odds are, they're going to add more dates for mid-America, etc. for April and May. If the record does, in fact, drop in June, then they'll probably start their full-fledged tour then; if it doesn't drop 'til late summer, like Oh No, they'll probably do that tour in the fall. But they will do it. EVERY band does this. It honestly is rare that a band will not go out with their new stuff before they release a new record.

I know, like...I don't know, I live on the east coast, and I have the luxury of going on this tour (and going to so many other shows because of sheer luck), so it's no comfort and maybe slightly braggy of me to say all of that when I'm not stuck in your position. But after having spent a lot of time following bands and listening to bands and working for a label and knowing bookers and all that, there is SO much in terms of logistics that determines when and where a tour will happen and go than seems on the surface, there really is.

Annnn I'm done. /rant ALSO - KAY! I tried to text you last night, but my phone said the number I had for you was a landline. :S
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 9 2009, 11:22 AM)
    Remember how happy we all said Damian looked for the Bonerama shows?

This, and this alone is making me excited for the new songs and whatnot... I'm so glad I witnessed this
  • plz to be voting for Ten, yes?
    http://winter-baby.livejournal.com/267503.html

Though I wouldn't blame you if you voted for Dean, either. It's ridiculously close right now, though, so I'm pulling out all the stops in support of Ten xD

Although, my only real reasoning for picking Ten over Dean is that Sam > Dean, and also Dean beat out Ned from Pushing Daisies to make it to that round, and Ned >>> Dean.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Mar 11 2009, 06:19 AM)
    plz to be voting for Ten, yes?

Though I wouldn't blame you if you voted for Dean, either. It's ridiculously close right now, though, so I'm pulling out all the stops in support of Ten xD

Although, my only real reasoning for picking Ten over Dean is that Sam > Dean, and also Dean beat out Ned from Pushing Daisies to make it to that round, and Ned >>> Dean.

HAH. I've been doing this too!

However, I've been sad ever since Dr. Sheldon Cooper was bumped out by Liz Lemon. Booooo.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt91cyc27RU...feature=related

Sheldon Cooper FTW
  • There's just too many good choices, methinks.

Ten vs. Mal just about broke my heart last round.
    I was sad that Ned didn't make it through, but rabid Dean fangirls are hard to overcome.
    As we can see from the fact that Dean is beating the freaking Doctor. I mean, come on.

Also, it's pretty sad that Veronica Mars is the only girl left.

Edit:

Aaaaaaaand Ten lost sad.gif oh well.
  • I don't know why Veronica didn't beat Spike (well, I do know, but COME ON. Couldn't we have ONE bad-ass lady in the Final Four? Spike's cheekbones always freaked me out anyway.)

Also, NPH 4eva.
  • Ohman, the Barney vs. Dean competition is going to be intense. Seriously, NPH fangirls vs. Jensen Ackles fangirls?
    Although Dean seems to have a pretty solid lead so far.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Mar 9 2009, 04:04 PM)
    Annnn I'm done. /rant ALSO - KAY! I tried to text you last night, but my phone said the number I had for you was a landline. :S

Yeahh, I'm still in the stone age. Write on my wall!!
  • the bank down the street from me was robbed earlier this afternoon... blink.gif
    http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=n...&id=6709076
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Mar 13 2009, 04:45 PM)
    the bank down the street from me was robbed earlier this afternoon... blink.gif
    http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=n...&id=6709076

Scary!

QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Mar 10 2009, 10:19 PM)
    plz to be voting for Ten, yes?

This is hilarious. Thank you for introducing it to me! And I love Supernatural as much as the next fangirl, but I can't believe Dean beat Barney. I'm also sad Ned and GOB didn't make it farther. And I kind of wish that it could have been Dean v. Alec in the Sci-Fi bracket because then it would be young Jensen v. now Jensen.