In this Discussion

April 25, 2009 - University of Texas-Pan American

edited November -1 in OK Go
It's only on High Road, not on okgo.net, so I don't know how confirmed it is.

Edinburg Baseball Stadium
8 PM
w/ Dashboard Confessional (is the Banana making them play together?)

Couldn't find anything on the school's site and I checked out Dashboard's boards, but I don't think they know anything either.

FYI, Edinburg is practically on the border, so it's not close to any big city in Texas.

Comments

• My guess is that, given the time of the year and the fact that Dashboard is also playing another university show two days beforehand (without OK Go), this is one of those college student activities spring concert things where they book a bunch of random big acts because...they can. As oppposed to being part of a proper tour.
  • I really hope OK Go will play in Edinburg cause I'm only like an hour away and still haven't seen them before.
  • Well, I hope they play there too so you can finally see them. Everyone should get to see them at least once!
  • I guess it's pretty confirmed if the organizers are saying that they're playing.

http://www.themonitor.com/entertainment/da...nfessional.html

Tickets for the concert go on sale the week of March 9 and will cost $25 for students with an ID and $30-$35 for the general public, The University of Texas-Pan American's University Program Board also announced.

Students can purchase tickets at the Payments and Collections office at UTPA, located off University Drive in Edinburg, said Flor Martinez, president of UPB. Tickets for the general public will be available on ez-tixx.com.
  • biggrin.gif
    This makes me so happy. It's been posted on the website.
    Thanks ezorvera for posting this.
  • You're welcome! I'm glad you'll finally get to see them!
  • man...i havent been on the boards for awhile...

BUT REALLLY!!! WOOT!

they finally come to the valley.
    my wish has been fulfilled :3 laugh.gif
  • OK Go was AMAZING, of course.
    I loved the new stuff.
    I didn't really enjoy myself though due to some factors.
    First off, they didn't allow bags or cameras (I smuggled one in anyways). Since it was on a baseball field, the crowd was in a diamond shape, making it kinda hard to see the stage. The crowd was really spread out and no one was even moving till Damian finally made his way out to the crowd. I kept dancing and singing even though everyone else was stiff. On the plus side their set was awesome. I guess I was just really upset that I had no way of meeting them and there was no merch for sale. I felt like an idiot carrying my "Things I Learned..." book. Dashboard Confessional was really good too, it seemed everyone that went was there purely for them. Overall I still had a good time for my first OK Go show, but I'd rather see them headline. Hopefully they'll be in Austin within the next year.

The only mediocre picture I have.
  • The did come out and talk! They left during Dashboard Confessional's set but they were just up near the main entrance. There was only three other people waiting to meet them so it was pretty low-key, which was quite nice.
    We spoke with Damian mostly...he was chatty Kathy as always (he always recognizes my husband) and of course I had to take a photo with him (again). We also talked with Tim and Andy.
    Sorry you didn't get to see them--what a bummer.
    The album comes out in September and I'm sure they'll headline a show in Austin. That's mostly where we see them (because we live there) but I thought they did a nice long set given they were the opener.
  • QUOTE (Penelope @ Apr 26 2009, 03:53 PM)
    The did come out and talk! They left during Dashboard Confessional's set but they were just up near the main entrance. There was only three other people waiting to meet them so it was pretty low-key, which was quite nice.
    We spoke with Damian mostly...he was chatty Kathy as always (he always recognizes my husband) and of course I had to take a photo with him (again). We also talked with Tim and Andy.
    Sorry you didn't get to see them--what a bummer.
    The album comes out in September and I'm sure they'll headline a show in Austin. That's mostly where we see them (because we live there) but I thought they did a nice long set given they were the opener.

Were they out before the show started? I was in the front before Dashboard Confessional but didn't see anyone. I remember watching them go offstage and being followed by a bunch of people but I had no clue where they went. Oh well...I'll have to see them when they headline in Texas again.