In this Discussion

What song is this?

edited November -1 in OK Go
anyone know the song from this hills episode? MTV says its by OK Go "needing/getting" but there is no song by that artist.

heres a link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwRpTwJaBn0&NR=1

it starts playing in the beginning of the video.

Comments

• Ooooh. I haven't heard it yet, but I'm guessing it's on the new album, and that's why there's no info about it. Won't come out until January 12.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Oct 17 2009, 04:35 PM)
    Ooooh. I haven't heard it yet, but I'm guessing it's on the new album, and that's why there's no info about it. Won't come out until January 12.

why would mtv play a song from a unreleased album? maybe your right, I just figured it was a typo or something. if you look at the track list for the new album, theres no needing/getting song. although it's not a final tracklist. perhaps the needing/getting is mtv saying they don't have a name for the song? I don't know, but I want the song so badly.
  • I figured it's good promotion to have your song in a show when you have an album coming out soon.

That being said, I hadn't actually heard of this song before, so I don't know for sure what's up.

Idk. "I Want You So Bad I Can't Breathe" was played weeks ago on 90210, and it's on the 90210 soundtrack as well as coming out on the album. "Shooting the Moon" is exclusively on the New Moon soundtrack. Does The Hills put out soundtracks?
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Oct 17 2009, 08:41 PM)
    I figured it's good promotion to have your song in a show when you have an album coming out soon.

That being said, I hadn't actually heard of this song before, so I don't know for sure what's up.

Idk. "I Want You So Bad I Can't Breathe" was played weeks ago on 90210, and it's on the 90210 soundtrack as well as coming out on the album. "Shooting the Moon" is exclusively on the New Moon soundtrack. Does The Hills put out soundtracks?

they put out soundtracks but they don't include every song. theres around 10 songs in each episode, so a soundtrack would probably have to have 120 songs.

I guess its possible the song is not even by OK Go and its a complete typo, I don't see how mtv could just leave it like that. I looked up all the songs they listed being in the episode and none of them were it.
  • I think it's definitely by Ok Go, we heard that it would be on the show. The name might be wrong though, idk.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if it shows up on the album or soundtrack or somewhere else.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful sad.gif

• QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Oct 18 2009, 02:38 AM)
    I think it's definitely by Ok Go, we heard that it would be on the show. The name might be wrong though, idk.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if it shows up on the album or soundtrack or somewhere else.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful sad.gif

where did you hear it would be on the show?
  • QUOTE (gabe333 @ Oct 18 2009, 11:53 AM)
    where did you hear it would be on the show?

QUOTE (DJRose @ Oct 13 2009, 07:07 PM)
    Watch The Hills tonight. I have this on good authority. wink.gif

• hmm, so I guess I'll have to wait and see if any more songs from the new album get released.
  • QUOTE (gabe333 @ Oct 17 2009, 07:18 PM)
    why would mtv play a song from a unreleased album?

Because Capitol is doing its job.
  • it is indeed a new OK Go song, and it is indeed on the album. To keep my indeeds coming: It is indeed called Needing/Getting (at least as of now) and it is indeed my favorite song on the new album (at least for now). Indeed, indeed, indeed.

• QUOTE (Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore @ Oct 20 2009, 03:40 AM)
    it is indeed a new OK Go song, and it is indeed on the album. To keep my indeeds coming: It is indeed called Needing/Getting (at least as of now) and it is indeed my favorite song on the new album (at least for now). Indeed, indeed, indeed.

have you heard more of the song? or just what plays for 10 seconds on the hills episode?
  • QUOTE (gabe333 @ Oct 20 2009, 04:00 PM)
    have you heard more of the song? or just what plays for 10 seconds on the hills episode?

Gabe, the post you responded to was by Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore Just, dear dear friend and "internet consultant" to the band. You see all that "whom I adore" business? Yeah, I didn't type that. He's got the boards set up to do that automatically whenever his name comes up. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, the lucky bastard, has heard the whole album.

I call you a lucky bastard with nothing but love and adoration, Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Oct 21 2009, 02:22 PM)
    Gabe, the post you responded to was by Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore Just, dear dear friend and "internet consultant" to the band. You see all that "whom I adore" business? Yeah, I didn't type that. He's got the boards set up to do that automatically whenever his name comes up. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, the lucky bastard, has heard the whole album.

I call you a lucky bastard with nothing but love and adoration, Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore. biggrin.gif

heh, alrighty then, I'll take his word for it.
  • "internet consultant" is a little rich, me thinks.

anyway, yes: i've heard the whole song and it's lovely and unusual. it's kind of like a reverse datsun; the truck part is right up front.
  • QUOTE (Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore @ Oct 22 2009, 12:46 AM)
    "internet consultant" is a little rich, me thinks.

That's what they called you in the Fuse special, I'm pretty sure. That's why I put it in quotes; I think it's kinda funny. But then, what else do we call you? I was talking to someone about another band who was having a hard time getting in touch with their fans and I asked her (because she's a former OK Go boardie) if they had a J0rge. They didn't. It would've made things a LOT easier if they did. All bands need a J0rge. /Brownnosing.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Oct 22 2009, 06:25 AM)
    That's what they called you in the Fuse special, I'm pretty sure. That's why I put it in quotes; I think it's kinda funny. But then, what else do we call you? I was talking to someone about another band who was having a hard time getting in touch with their fans and I asked her (because she's a former OK Go boardie) if they had a J0rge. They didn't. It would've made things a LOT easier if they did. All bands need a J0rge. /Brownnosing.

What Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore needs to do is build his own robot army!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Oct 22 2009, 12:42 PM)
    What Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore needs to do is build his own robot army!

I'm sure aross could help him out.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Oct 22 2009, 09:25 AM)
    I was talking to someone about another band who was having a hard time getting in touch with their fans and I asked her (because she's a former OK Go boardie) if they had a J0rge. They didn't. It would've made things a LOT easier if they did. All bands need a J0rge. /Brownnosing.

I retweeted that...dunno' if you saw that...
    http://twitter.com/that1popgem/status/2743432398
    http://twitter.com/jorgej/status/2744102250