In this Discussion

Blind Pig in Ann Arbor 11/7

edited November -1 in OK Go
My friends and I were there nice and early, getting great spots right in front of Tim's side of the stage. Princeton does their thing (and pretty well mind you, although I couldn't understand a word). I was testing out my new camera I bought with this concert in mind, taking awesome pictures of the Princeton guys, getting so excited for the copious amounts of videos/pictures I was to get of OK Go. Then Princeton finishes, and I start feeling woozy. And I know this feeling, it's the "Oh shit, I'm going to pass out" feeling. I'm hypoglycemic so it happens frequently if I forget to eat, which I did. Pat on the back for me. I shrug it off, take a bite of some food from my purse and cross my fingers. I guess I didn't cross them well enough because 2 minutes later I was falling into my friends boobs. Next thing I know I'm on the floor looking up at faces I didn't recognize with matching unrecognizable voices. My friends and some guy carry me near the merch tables and throw cans of orange juice at me. We go outside, OK Go still hasn't started so I figure there's hope. Then I hear Shooting The Moon, inducing bawling, which got louder when I also realized I lost my new camera. Three cans of orange juice later, we're back inside, in the very back of the crowd, listening and dancing. Occasionally getting a glimpse of Damian because he's so damn tall. Despite missing the first 4 or 5 songs, I had an amazing time because it's so hard not too when they're in the room. And the bonus of being outside of the crowd was having space to dance, and that's never a bad thing if you ask me. My mind could only picture the wreck which must be my camera at this point. The crowd leaves, we dive back in, my friend kicks a beer bottle underneath a stool to the side, and low and behold, right next to it was my camera, laying ever so perfectly, completely unharmed.

We go outside and after a few minutes, I see Dan. No one else seemed to realize he was there. So I look at him and say, "I know you!" and he comes over, and unlike the last time, we actually talk for a few. We took pictures and despite him not feeling too well, he was so nice and so willing to spend time with us. After, we walked back in and saw Damian by the merch. Once again, we actually talk with him, and get our pictures. He said he actually saw us in front at first, that "we don't think he's looking at the crowd, but he is". He signed and dated the setlist my friend got for me, I only wanted his autograph because I knew he'd date it and I didn't want to bother the other's with pictures and signing, etc. After, we see Andy, strike up some conversation, get our pictures, and he seems like he wants to talk some more, but we had no idea what to say so we're just like, "Thank you!" and we walk away...Awkward! At that time, our taxi was there so we couldn't search for Tim sadly.

I can't emphasize enough how nice, and accessible, these guys are.

Everyone was so nice, minus the people who asked how much I had to drink. But I guess I can be known as the sloppy drunk chick who wasn't drunk. I became bff's with the bouncer, the manager came out, and another girl who works there, all super nice and super caring. And despite missing so much of my favorite bands set, I had an amazing time.

So tell me people, how were the first 4 or so songs? I came in when Damian was talking about getting out gadgets for Oh Lately It's So Quiet. Enlighten me, please?? smile.gif

Pictures smile.gif

I'm in the red, I looked pretty much terrible considering I cried my mascara off and it ended up all over my face lol.

We don't know the guy in the pictures with us, he was very excited to be there though!

http://img687.imageshack.us/i/dsc00170c.jpg/

http://img33.imageshack.us/i/dsc00172xn.jpg/

http://img63.imageshack.us/i/dsc00173o.jpg/

http://img137.imageshack.us/i/dsc00174a.jpg/

With Princeton, he wasn't violating me, I swear!

http://img130.imageshack.us/i/dsc00175s.jpg/

Comments

• QUOTE (newslang89 @ Nov 8 2009, 02:46 PM)
    The crowd leaves, we dive back in, my friend kicks a beer bottle underneath a stool to the side, and low and behold, right next to it was my camera, laying ever so perfectly, completely unharmed.

So tell me people, how were the first 4 or so songs? I came in when Damian was talking about getting out gadgets for Oh Lately It's So Quiet. Enlighten me, please?? smile.gif

We saw you!! We were standing up on the side, to the left, the part that was risen. We saw you hugging someone and then you found your camera. We were like "She has GOT to be so happy!" I'm glad you found it! My camera is basically a body part for me and I'd die w/out it!
    The first 4 songs were great! Did you hear "White Knuckles"?! Becauseeeeeeeeeeee that was my favorite. Besides "I Want You So Bad..." obviously. I can't remember the progression of songs but yes... they ruled. And I'm very jealous you got to see Andy because we were inside by Damian the entire time, but the bouncer and some workers distracted us and we only talked to Dan & Tim for split seconds... we talked to Princeton too who were cute and funny. Holler @ the drummer... athankyou.
  • p.s I have fainted @ the Blind Pig before... not because I'm hypoglycemic, but just because I faint easily. It was hot and I was unfortunately in the middle of the clusterfuck. It was so embarrassing... I'm glad you got to talk to 3/4 of the fellas : )
  • Yes! I was more worried about my camera than the fact I just passed out! I was so lucky it found it's way off to the side somehow, because I was in the middle of so many people when I lost it. I don't think I heard "White Knuckles" sad.gif Hopefully videos show up on youtube within the next few days. I was so excited to get videos of the new songs because my camera takes HD videos, but nooooooooo.

Oh, and wink.gif

• i was there! i'm in your second picture!

i agree, the entire band was incredibly nice, which is part of why i've come into a newfound obsession with them. before last night, i knew of them, but only had heard a few songs and wasn't a huge fan. it was only by chance and a stroke of whimsy that i found myself at the blind pig asking if they had any tickets left. of course they didn't, but the manager or someone let me in anyway because i was alone. i was standing to the far left of the stage, so when the band first came out they were standing RIGHT in front of me while the tech people (roadies?) finished setting up onstage. i didn't even really know what the band members looked like or their names, but i was immediately aware that one member in particular was REALLY attractive. i had him pegged as the lead singer before he even took to the stage, and i was right! from the first song they played, i knew this was a band i had to look further into.

one in particular i really enjoyed was skyscrapers off their new album. damian does a lot more screaming in the live version than the album version (which i wish they'd make available for download already!!) and it really gives it a kick, but for someone who hasn't ever seen them live it was a bit of a shock to get used to at first.

i think they also played a million ways and here it goes again in the first few songs, and perhaps white knuckles, but i'm not too familiar with their songs so i could be wrong. anyone else go?

• QUOTE (newslang89 @ Nov 8 2009, 06:57 PM)
    Yes! I was more worried about my camera than the fact I just passed out!

Story of my life... no joke!! Haha : ) I'm glad that you were alright though... passing out is not only embarrassing, it's scary and a total mind BLOOP.
    But overall, great show. I only took a video of the handbells because we were standing right near a speaker soooo any other video would sound like crap. I was also drinking, so my hand was NOT steady at all.