In this Discussion

OK Go / Secret Show in LA 11/17/09

edited November -1 in OK Go
OK Go has a SECRET SHOW in LA Tuesday, 11/17! First 30 to retweet win a free pair of tix. #i'minLAandwannaseeOKGo!

Anyone else going to this? I got a message this morning via twitter letting me know that I won a pair of tickets to this show.

Comments

• Yay! I'm so glad you got tickets! I tried but no ticket
    did the message tell you where/when it is?
  • that is so exciting!
    unfortunately my brain chose that moment to misread something
    so i didn't get the memo that you needed to text that link thing
  • QUOTE (hensocks @ Nov 12 2009, 03:06 PM)
    Yay! I'm so glad you got tickets! I tried but no ticket
    did the message tell you where/when it is?

Nothing yet. The message only asked for two names for the guest list.
  • QUOTE (weirdwolf76 @ Nov 13 2009, 01:44 AM)
    Nothing yet. The message only asked for two names for the guest list.

do you know if there's another way to get tix besides winning them
    there must be, but i can't seem to find them on any online ticketing site
  • QUOTE (heydoofball @ Nov 12 2009, 04:46 PM)
    do you know if there's another way to get tix besides winning them
    there must be, but i can't seem to find them on any online ticketing site

I don't know. I'm hoping they post more information about it soon and that tickets will become available for purchase. I'm taking my sister, but I would also like to take two other sisters and my boyfriend. If I see or hear anything, I'll make sure to post the info here.
  • QUOTE (weirdwolf76 @ Nov 12 2009, 04:53 PM)
    I don't know. I'm hoping they post more information about it soon and that tickets will become available for purchase. I'm taking my sister, but I would also like to take two other sisters and my boyfriend. If I see or hear anything, I'll make sure to post the info here.

Ok, that's great!
    thank you!
  • I won too! But I can't email them back yet because my friends parents haven't decided if she can go. They said they needed more info but thats all I got! ARGH! I can't believe I won! I think I sent the message three times because I was so excited and I wanted to get it right. This is officially the first thing I have ever won in my LIFE! ARGHHHH I am happy as a pirate in a pig pen!
  • QUOTE (hensocks @ Nov 12 2009, 08:12 PM)
    Ok, that's great!
    thank you!

More tickets should be available soon. Check the facebook page, for one, probably tomorrow. But we'll get you in.
  • QUOTE (Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore @ Nov 12 2009, 05:49 PM)
    More tickets should be available soon. Check the facebook page, for one, probably tomorrow. But we'll get you in.

Yay! Thank you so much!!
    I love you! biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore @ Nov 13 2009, 01:49 AM)

mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore whom i adore is da' bomb!
    (yeah, i know that expression is outdated, don't judge)
  • I'm so excited! I just wish I had more information!
  • Heydoofball and I won tickets just yesterday and we are heading out there! So phyched!
  • ugh. i hate that California is such a big state. I need to move to LA.
  • That concert was super-dooper! We really were trying to find them after the concert for we had goodies of goodness for them, but the staff of the grammy museum weren't very helpful (to say the least!) so we ended up sneaking on the elevator and trying to find them and freaked ourselves out when the firealarm went off in the elevator (but never mind that) long story short, we finally got to meet Tim and Andy and they are so awesome! Andy seems so serious on stage but he's so nice in person, and Tim is phychadonkulous in the most amazing of ways! They loved our presents! Then we spoke to Damian who remembered us and our shirts! They are all so awesome to come and talk to their fans night after night, they are the best!
    I would love to show you all pictures but I was not the one with the camera, so I'll wait for Heydoofball to post our pictures.
  • Last night was FREAKING AWESOME! Me and my friend had such a great time and got to meet everybody after the show. Damian is SUCH a sweet heart and my friend couldn't help but go all fan girl on Tim. It was so sweet of them to just be like we know this is weird but we love you anyways. And Damian gave us free tickets to go see them at USC on Saturday. Anyone else going? I'm pretty pumped to see us all on Carson Daily but I reaalllly hope I get to go on Saturday. Schedules are sucking right now.
    P.S. I am pretty sure I caught swine flu from Damian last night and I now have a rock and roll hangover which is NOT conducive to going to work.
  • QUOTE (hensocks @ Nov 18 2009, 03:28 AM)
    That concert was super-dooper! We really were trying to find them after the concert for we had goodies of goodness for them, but the staff of the grammy museum weren't very helpful (to say the least!) so we ended up sneaking on the elevator and trying to find them and freaked ourselves out when the firealarm went off in the elevator (but never mind that) long story short, we finally got to meet Tim and Andy and they are so awesome! Andy seems so serious on stage but he's so nice in person, and Tim is phychadonkulous in the most amazing of ways! They loved our presents! Then we spoke to Damian who remembered us and our shirts! They are all so awesome to come and talk to their fans night after night, they are the best!
    I would love to show you all pictures but I was not the one with the camera, so I'll wait for Heydoofball to post our pictures.

I just saw the tweets by Tim and so I wanted to tell you guys that you are majorly talented!! Awesome clay models!

(Haha, posted this in the Random Stuff thread before I realized I could post here. Oppsie.)
  • QUOTE (YoDoofball! @ Nov 18 2009, 07:14 PM)
    I just saw the tweets by Tim and so I wanted to tell you guys that you are majorly talented!! Awesome clay models!

(Haha, posted this in the Random Stuff thread before I realized I could post here. Oppsie.)

thank you so much!
    you should see okgo's facebook page too!
    (it's so exciting)

last night was fan-damn-tastic!!!
    the boys were so sweet
    and i can't wait to see them again on SATURDAY!!!

Btw, thank you so much for saying that YoDoofball!

And Damian called dibs on taking the clay guys home! biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (YoDoofball! @ Nov 18 2009, 01:14 PM)

I'm seconding this. Hensocks - AMAZING. Do the boys know that you're the person who drew Damian's face in chocolate sauce too? Because that's seriously one of my favorite fan art projects ever.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Nov 19 2009, 04:56 AM)
    I'm seconding this. Hensocks - AMAZING. Do the boys know that you're the person who drew Damian's face in chocolate sauce too? Because that's seriously one of my favorite fan art projects ever.

Thank you!!
    haha, no I've never told them, I did it so long ago I always kinda forget about it! But I still have the chocolate painting actually, I found that chocolate sauce holds up very well over time. laugh.gif
    Do you think they have seen the video?