In this Discussion

Design Miami

edited November -1 in OK Go
Is anyone going to see Ok Go with their Moritz Waldemeyer guitars at Design Miami? Sounds exciting!

http://www.designmiami.com/miami/exhibitio...ANCES/home.html

Comments

• QUOTE (Sunnyside1334 @ Nov 30 2009, 10:01 PM)
    Is anyone going to see Ok Go with their Moritz Waldemeyer guitars at Design Miami? Sounds exciting!

It really does! I think they'll still have the guitars for future concerts though, so we'll still get to see them once they hit the road again.
  • QUOTE (Sunnyside1334 @ Dec 1 2009, 03:06 PM)

Oh my goodness, if only Marc Bolan could see that!
  • Some pics are up. Click me.

Sadly, it won't allow me to post pics directly.

I like this one of aross, even though it looks like he's kinda radioactive. High five.

Set list. Heh, "I Want USB". They figured out "WTF?"! Oh the jealousy.

And speaking of awesome: After the show, the guitars will be given to OK Go to use on their upcoming tour.
  • Double Post.

Someone posted vids of the show from last night.

White Knuckles Tim's bass fuckin' rocks. The guitars do, too. Thought it'd be awesome if they emanated those laser sounds "pew pew pew".

WTF? Cowbell. 'Nough said.
  • I'm so glad they're playing WTF now. I especially like how they're handling the spacey sounds in the middle - ARoss Guitar Solo. Awesome. I swear he gets better all the time. Can anyone tell what Tim's bass says?

• QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 3 2009, 06:53 AM)
    I'm so glad they're playing WTF now. I especially like how they're handling the spacey sounds in the middle - ARoss Guitar Solo. Awesome. I swear he gets better all the time. Can anyone tell what Tim's bass says?

Yes, aross is pretty nifty on that gee-tar. I really like what he does in Skyscrapers, too, and I'd link-up my Skyscrapers vid to illustrate that point, but YouTube is blocked here. Oh well.

As for Tim's bass, I know it says "Of the Blue Colour of the Sky," and then something else, but the camera would either pan away or not be focused on it. I think you can read it better in the White Knuckles vid.
  • Absolutely love the lights! laugh.gif
    Can't really say the same for the furry guitar thing though. Fug. wacko.gif
    I am not much of a fan of Fendi or fur in general. I just hope it's not real but if it's Fendi then it's probably real.
  • Rachel, how do you find this stuff? You are so wonderful for sharing! You know what we love.
  • There are some more pics in here.
  • QUOTE (bullshituous @ Dec 5 2009, 06:52 PM)
    Absolutely love the lights! laugh.gif
    Can't really say the same for the furry guitar thing though. Fug. wacko.gif
    I am not much of a fan of Fendi or fur in general. I just hope it's not real but if it's Fendi then it's probably real.

I read somewhere, and I cannot for the life of me remember where, sorry, that it's hair, not fur. Does that make it better?

Sunnyside, I signed up for google alerts to email me everytime "OK Go" comes up on the net. I also have it emailing me for "kulash," "nordwind," and "secret dakota ring." I get a lot of nonsense, but you learn to separate the worthwhile from the garbage pretty quickly. And because of these, I know that there is a German (?) band called "Gut Gegen Nordwind". I have to say the Nordwind emails are the best. The SDR emails are annoying as anything, because 95% of the time they're about Dakota Fanning, and one time I got an email about Fergie and Josh Duhamel getting married in a secret South Dakota ceremony (where they exchanged - you guessed it - rings).

There is also a blog where this guy logs his daily fitness routine called "OK GO."
  • Tim Tweeted this link.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1371...mp;l=8ac45f5ae7

This girl got to touch one of the guitars!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 7 2009, 05:45 AM)
    I read somewhere, and I cannot for the life of me remember where, sorry, that it's hair, not fur. Does that make it better?

Sunnyside, I signed up for google alerts to email me everytime "OK Go" comes up on the net. I also have it emailing me for "kulash," "nordwind," and "secret dakota ring." I get a lot of nonsense, but you learn to separate the worthwhile from the garbage pretty quickly. And because of these, I know that there is a German (?) band called "Gut Gegen Nordwind". I have to say the Nordwind emails are the best. The SDR emails are annoying as anything, because 95% of the time they're about Dakota Fanning, and one time I got an email about Fergie and Josh Duhamel getting married in a secret South Dakota ceremony (where they exchanged - you guessed it - rings).

There is also a blog where this guy logs his daily fitness routine called "OK GO."

haha, i totally know what you mean about the alerts. at first i used to get excited about all the SDR alerts, but quickly learned it's almost all nonsense.
  • http://www.gq.com/blogs/the-q/2009/12/ok-basel.html

Ta-Da! Damian wrote an article for GQ about the Design Miami experience.

Oh, and it turns out that the guitars are covered in goat fur. Yeah, I don't get that either.
  • QUOTE (Sunnyside1334 @ Dec 22 2009, 08:43 PM)

here are some more photos of this photographer:
    http://gallery.me.com/mwaldemeyer#100037
  • I had no idea about this beforehand. I was in Miami just before this and could just as easily have stayed a bit longer. Clearly, I need to be on the boards more.

QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 22 2009, 12:56 PM)