In this Discussion

ELECTION NIGHT!

Comments

• On behalf of the rest of the fucking world - thank you all!!!
  • sally...
    where are you??? i want to hug you right now...

actually. im hugging you all biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
  • HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

I'm so happy. I'm visiting my cousin Andrew - in Fort Myers, Florida, of all places. We went to a bar to watch the returns, and I couldn't believe it when they called it for Obama. I thought of all of you and wanted to be on the board. I wish I could be in Ohio with my friends, but I'm still happy to be here with Andrew. This is like the Super Bowl for American history & politics geeks like us. I LOVE THIS. I have been moved.

As my good friend Zac said by text: "Oh shit, it's the black house now!" smile.gif Zac is awesome.

It should be said that I'm also pleasantly drunk. Jameson of course. I had a final celebratory shot at the bar before Obama's acceptance speech.

Okay. Back to the TV to watch more analysis and commentary. Talk to you guys later. AAAAAHHHHH! biggrin.gif
  • as long as he says 'BLACKTION' at some point ill be happy. if not then ill be pissed.
  • LALALA HOORAY!
  • I was in a Best Buy when I found out. About an hour and a half after I had voted. My sister and I ran to the televisions so we could watch the speech. One of the Best Buy guys asked if we needed anything and we told him we just wanted to watch and he said, "Oh, I'll turn the volume up for you."

But Prop 8 (gay marriage ban in California) is losing right now. If it passes, it's going to cancel out a lot of the happiness I'm feeling right now.
  • YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAY!

My computer died before they called it, but I was cheering and crying and being amazed all the same.

And yeah, Prop 8 needs to be defeated. Fr srs.
    The votes banning gay marriage in Fla. and in AZ. passed, as well as the vote preventing gay couples from adopting in Arkansas.
    If Prop 8 goes through too, that would increase worldsuck astronomically.

but besides that:

OBAMABAMABAMABAMABAMA!
  • eat shit mccain, we won
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Nov 5 2008, 10:22 AM)
    eat shit mccain, we won

lol, you didn't even vote. laugh.gif

My mom came in my room last night and tried to blame Obama winning on me, and then on Barry, with whom I was on the phone, so I had to be like, "But....he's British."

Mom: "......Oh."
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 5 2008, 04:07 PM)
    .....and then on Barry, with whom I was on the phone, so I had to be like, "But....he's British."

Mom: "......Oh."

hsjkhjshdakhrvjcbkch what????

I was woken up every half an hour by the roars of half of cambridge every time we got news that Obama was winning. And then received a wonderful phone call from Rachel at 4.30am smile.gif so fucking worth it. I actually cried with happiness once I knew he'd done it.

Let's hope he makes the world a better place now.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Nov 5 2008, 07:46 PM)
    hsjkhjshdakhrvjcbkch what????

"what???" re: my mom or re: me talking to Barry?
  • but seriously, barack has gotta go where the blacktion is.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Nov 5 2008, 07:46 PM)
    I was woken up every half an hour by the roars of half of cambridge every time we got news that Obama was winning. And then received a wonderful phone call from Rachel at 4.30am smile.gif so fucking worth it. I actually cried with happiness once I knew he'd done it.

For the record, I only called upon receiving that txt from you! I knew what time it was over there and wouldn't have called if I didn't KNOW you were up.

I don't want people thinking I'm some kind of asshole.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 6 2008, 05:17 AM)
    "what???" re: my mom or re: me talking to Barry?

You talking to Barry...

Haha Rach, as if anyone here could think you were an asshole!! I kept waking up to text you all night lol, it's fine biggrin.gif It was fantastic.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Nov 6 2008, 12:46 PM)
    You talking to Barry...

Haha Rach, as if anyone here could think you were an asshole!! I kept waking up to text you all night lol, it's fine biggrin.gif It was fantastic.

I had a similar reaction...

Hey I take my public image very seriously!!!
  • where was my txt reply eh? EH? =p
  • I'm still kind of in amazed shock. People have spray-painted "08ama" all over the student-populated McGill Ghetto. When the news went up that Obama was declared president-elect, my friends and I honestly didn't believe it for a moment. It wasn't until we heard McCain was about to give his concession speech that the whoops and cheering began. My roommate and I had a moment where the two of us were in the kitchen, getting ready to bring out her Obama-logo-cake, and we just began hugging and cheering that we could actually go back to the US after we graduate (we were both seriously considering not going back if McCain was elected. Part of me wanted to go back and be a heavy-duty activist if he had won, but part of me wanted absolutely nothing to do with a McCain presidency. Thankfully, it's no longer an issue. I'M COMING BACK HOLY SHIT I'M COMING BACK).

our wall of swing states

However, I must say how INCREDIBLY disappointed I am in California, Florida, and Arkansas for their respective propositions. Seriously? Banning gay marriage? What the hell. It seems so backwards.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Nov 6 2008, 12:46 PM)
    You talking to Barry...

Oh, yeah, we got past that whole "not talking for a whole year" thing. Several months ago, actually. I mean, we hardly talk anyway, we mainly just send silly Facebook messages at the mo.

shrug. It seems like a big deal, but it's really not. Thanks for your concern, though. smile.gif

QUOTE (DJRose @ Nov 6 2008, 01:25 PM)
    I had a similar reaction...

Dude, you knew we were talking again, don't be silly.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 7 2008, 01:11 AM)
    Dude, you knew we were talking again, don't be silly.

I meant when you first told me, silly. laugh.gif

Amy, love the swing state wall.
  • well HGM, who will be here with me, waiting in suspense to see the results? lol. MSNBC has election day coverage beginning at 5 today