In this Discussion

Dearest Board Members, Important Business

edited November -1 in OK Go
Happy New Year, Message Board Peoples!

In the very near future (perhaps this week!) okgo.net, will be switched over to completely new home (new design, new features!). I've been in charge of the transition (what's the expression? "you can take the guitarist out of the programmer, but you can never take the programmer..." oh I forget), and getting this board integrated with the main site, has been, how does one say, a pain in the behind. The fact is, in order to have the board and the rest of the website all under one roof, we're going to be switching to new board software. I'm doing my best to import all of the data into the new software (because, really, you guys have worked hard for your post counts and how cruel would it be to have them completely destroyed?), but since no importing tool exists, I've had to write one myself, and being as gloriously busy and flawed as I am, the import is bound to be less-than-perfect.

Which is to say, please be patient during the transition and let us know when something is broken (info@okgo.net). With your help we can maintain a world in which threads exist about Damian splitting his pants open during the Cinnamon Lips dance. And that's something worth fighting for.

Love,
aross

Comments

• QUOTE (aross @ Jan 5 2010, 06:39 AM)
    Happy New Year, Message Board Peoples!

In the very near future (perhaps this week!) okgo.net, will be switched over to completely new home (new design, new features!). I've been in charge of the transition (what's the expression? "you can take the guitarist out of the programmer, but you can never take the programmer..." oh I forget), and getting this board integrated with the main site, has been, how does one say, a pain in the behind. The fact is, in order to have the board and the rest of the website all under one roof, we're going to be switching to new board software. I'm doing my best to import all of the data into the new software (because, really, you guys have worked hard for your post counts and how cruel would it be to have them completely destroyed?), but since no importing tool exists, I've had to write one myself, and being as gloriously busy and flawed as I am, the import is bound to be less-than-perfect.

Which is to say, please be patient during the transition and let us know when something is broken (info@okgo.net). With your help we can maintain a world in which threads exist about Damian splitting his pants open during the Cinnamon Lips dance. And that's something worth fighting for.

Love,
    aross

<3 the Rusty one
    good luck!
  • QUOTE (aross @ Jan 5 2010, 12:39 AM)
    (because, really, you guys have worked hard for your post counts and how cruel would it be to have them completely destroyed?)

eh, i've had mine destroyed before, i rebuilt, it's not so bad... might even be more incentive for people to post to get them back up if we're all sent back to 0...
  • I better save all my Teeny Ok Go stories. I don't usually write them on word. I usually post them out on here.

Thanks for the heads up, Mr. ARoss and thank you for working so hard on the new site.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 5 2010, 12:04 PM)
    I better save all my Teeny Ok Go stories. I don't usually write them on word. I usually post them out on here.

Actually, good call Tempe. I should grab the status listing. Just in case we want that information.

I'm ditto-ing Tempe's thank you to ARoss. The amount of work you're putting into this project shows how very much you care about your fans, because others would probably just say "they'll survive without their post counts, old threads and whatnot" and take it all away without a second thought. So even if threads about Damian's pants are only humorously worth fighting for, the rest of it kind of is. biggrin.gif Thanks ARoss.
  • Yes, HUGE thank you to aross!!
  • Oh, I love Andy!!! He's still a nerd at heart. =D

• haaahahaha. thanks, man.
  • It just occurred to me. Will the new boards still change Andy to Rusty, J0rge to Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, and u tilize to use?

Hmmmm. If Andy's programming them, I'll bet the Rusty business will be over.
  • D'awwww biggrin.gif

Thanks Andy! I'm sure it's a lot of work but we certainly appreciate it smile.gif

Although if it doesn't change J0rge to Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, I might have to add the "Mr. , Whom I Adore" every single time.

• aww. this board will be missed.

but yeah hope it doesnt get jc faith

time to copy serious pms <3
  • THANK YOU, ARoss, for all your hard work!!!

P.S. SBR ROCKS and so does Travis. biggrin.gif
  • Thanks for being a genius, aross! I'm terribly excited to see the new design!
  • it looks AMAZING guys, the new home page

<3
  • Holy website change, Batman! Good job aross.

However, I'm getting this message when I click on one of the shows on the shows page: "This web site needs a different Google Maps API key. A new key can be generated at http://code.google.com/apis/maps/ ." Is anyone else getting that message?
  • I know this is jumping the gun, but remember how both boards had an on-line game (ping pong and rescure the band), do you suppose this new website will eventually have a game as well?
  • Andy, you brilliant individual, are you we going to be able to log our activity at past shows too? I see what you've got available for us at upcoming ones, but what about older ones?
  • I love the new layout aross!
    It's so clean and pretty, so much easier to navigate through.
  • aross, i looooooove the universal tag for upcoming shows!!!!!!! the whole change is looking SO good! high-5!
  • I'm digging the new design. Kudos!
  • Uhh.. is it still at okgo.net? I'm still seeing the old layout, with the picture of the guys looking out the window and the "enter site" button which takes you to the old layout with the blue colour scheme. Confused?