In this Discussion

UK tour in the Tenzies

2»

Comments

• How can you be surprised when you referenced my screen name, lady?
  • OMFG. I just got back from the show and am just buzzing still. They were stunning. I'll do the full report tomorrow and add some pictures. but I just need to say THANK YOU Rachel, I'm pleased that I have finally jumped on the band wagon. I'm also pleased to have a lovely picture of me and Mr Kulash as my phone wallpaper now. And I'm particularly pleased with the lovely set list decorated with ticker tape.

How can Kulash make campinology cool? I loved their bell-wringing version of ......(I'm a new fan, can't remember ALL song names yet!)

Oh and it was pretty cool for Damian to explain the story behind the name of the new album, and explain the artwork within the sleeve to me and my friend. Very cool indeed.

• mandy, welcome! I'm so glad you had a fantatic time! tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 19 2010, 08:22 PM)
    mandy, welcome! I'm so glad you had a fantatic time! tongue.gif

Tempe, Mandy is one of Liz's Grace Girls!! Remember that pic of all of us as cops and robbers? Mandy is in that.
  • just got back! mind blown!

where did you meet dami after the gig?
    cause i couldnt find anyone but dan having a smoke
    (a problem i have had all tour trying to find them)

[edit]

my photos are all up on my facebooook now, they are rather fucking amazing, so check them out if you wanna, your loss if you don't =p

• QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jan 20 2010, 01:41 AM)
    just got back! mind blown!

where did you meet dami after the gig?
    cause i couldnt find anyone but dan having a smoke
    (a problem i have had all tour trying to find them)

[edit]

my photos are all up on my facebooook now, they are rather fucking amazing, so check them out if you wanna, your loss if you don't =p

I met Tim inside the bar at the Rescue Rooms - had about 10 minutes with him and was gob-smacked that he said that he hadnt touched any alcohol on the uk part of the tour!! Damian was sat outside the rescue rooms in the front, with his laptop on his knee, looking at the picture he took of us all. I'd love to see your pictures. Where were you? I was at the front barrier at the side nearest Tim.

Looks like we just got lucky!
  • QUOTE (mandyf @ Jan 20 2010, 09:48 AM)
    I met Tim inside the bar at the Rescue Rooms - had about 10 minutes with him and was gob-smacked that he said that he hadnt touched any alcohol on the uk part of the tour!! Damian was sat outside the rescue rooms in the front, with his laptop on his knee, looking at the picture he took of us all. I'd love to see your pictures. Where were you? I was at the front barrier at the side nearest Tim.

Looks like we just got lucky!

ah i cant begrudge you meeting them that way =p

i was RIGHT at the front, with my 3 lovely and noisey friends, hard to miss us

http://www.facebook.com/HFoC86?v=feed&...hp?id=545035290

top 3 albums are pics from the tour as i followed it, i got some rather fucking good ones last night!

how did you like the support? Dog is Dead, i saw them support okgo in london, and have since become a massive fan, and know the guys now! they are very fun
  • Sorry to jump in in this thread, but me and my girlfriend went to the Amsterdam gig yesterday and we both agreed it wasn't the best concert we've been to yet. The best parts were definitely the laser guitars, confetti and the new songs they played, shame they only played 6 or 7 of them. We've seen them two times before so to hear the old songs was a bit meh.

You could cleary see everyone who came, came for the old songs and not for the new and actually, we came for the new ones.
    Positive was that I saw alot of old people (40+) who came by and see a glimp of OK Go.

The guys have grown alot, musically but also, the show was better organized.
    The new songs were the absolute highlight for me, Skyscrapers was goosebump quality and also, to hear WTF? live was brilliant.
    To finally have the CD (and even signed) is realy nice, but the rest of the merch looked like it was made in a hurry.. to be honest it looked awful except for the 'bag'..

All in all, we give the concert 3 stars (out of 5). Nice enjoying evening, but it could have been so much better..