In this Discussion

LACMA anyone?

edited November -1 in OK Go
Video Release Party at LACMA on Friday, March 5th from 8pm-12am.
There seems to be money involved, I saw something like $22 per person.
Anybody thinking about it?
https://tx1.lacma.org/default.asp

Comments

• I told my friends out in LA, I know they'd love it. Have fun!!!
  • Here's an article about the release party:

http://www.buzznet.com/musicnews/ok-video-...lacma-j6722401/

Wish I could've been there! Hensocks, did you go?
  • Love that Buzznet article.
    Also love Breesays's photos which made me look at the video again, since I really don't remember some of that stuff.
  • Yes! Heydoofball and I both went and it was so much fun!

So when we got in line I thought the guy in front of us looked really familiar, and when he turned around it was Weird Al. So there we are, right behind Weird Al who was with his wife and adorable little daughter. The night was already awesome and we hadn't even got inside the building! Once we all got in, there was all the stuff from the video and it was so neat to see how everything was put together and what-not. Tim was DJ-ing which was awesome as all get out. We got to go over and talk to him for a bit, he remembered us, and we talked about how painful it must have been to get shot in the face with a paint cannon. We asked how many times they practiced the paint-in-the-face shot and Tim said, "Oh, only once. I did it once and that's all I needed to do." He said when they finally got the machine to work all the way through, it was bitter sweet because they had to be splattered with cold, hard paint. After saying good bye we walked around to find Dimitri Martin and Thomas Lennon (the blonde guy from Reno 911) and Damian's dad which was awesome, then we got to meet Weird Al. Too cool. We saw Andy run by multiple times but weren't ever really able to talk to him per-say but we did exchange hellos. Then Tim, Damian and Andy played a short acoustic set. (HIGA, Shooting the Moon, Last Leaf, BFK and TTSP) Dan wasn't there, Damian told us he was in Mexico at the moment. After the set they showed the Rube Goldberg Machine video, and then there was the Q&A. The Q's were answered by Damain and the director of Synn Labs (Adam, I believe?) which was very cool. After that Tim DJ'd the dance party. At this point we were on a mission to find Damian and give him the presents we made for them. After some hunting, we finally found him, talked about that Japanese Kids Show with the Rube Goldberg Machines and gave him the present. He said, "You guys have out done yourselves!" and thanked us for the present. We walked away noticing that we didn't get a picture with him so we decided before we left we would find him and ask him for a picture. We looked around at everything, took pictures of practically everything, danced a bit, took a picture of Tim in his DJ-zone and started to head toward the door. Luckily, Damian was right there at the door and asked him for a picture, "I've been showing off your present to everyone!" he said, it was so adorable! We thanked him again and finally left. The party was great, everyone was so laid back and cool about everything. The whole night was Redonkulous-ly awesome.

Pictures Time!

I love this part of the machine!

The book made it on to the table damian sat at during the video!

All thanks to Synn Labs!

Answering the questions

Damian just being adoreable

Damian!

• QUOTE (beckysioux @ Mar 7 2010, 06:49 AM)
    Weird Al went. Just sayin'.

we stood in line behind him, i mean, if that's not a sign that the night would be amazing, then what is?
    it's always interesting when you meet famous people, because most of the time they turn out to be really normal.
  • Great write-up hensocks! I now envy both you and heydoofball for having met and taken a picture with Weird Al. I'm not the biggest fan, but it would be pretty neat to meet him (and actually finally see one of his shows).

And you also saw Thomas Lennon?! I've had a crush on him since he was on MTV's The State.

The flags (and the Plinko board) were my favorite parts, too.

I should be living in LA instead of Chicago. Seriously.
  • That sounds fabulous, girls. Thank you so much for the write up! I'm glad you had a good time, and OMG, Weird Al and Thomas Lennon? WOW. I've met Al, but not Thomas Lennon and I think I would probably lose my mind. I love the presents you give the guys, they are always so creative and awesome.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Mar 7 2010, 09:00 AM)
    And you also saw Thomas Lennon?! I've had a crush on him since he was on MTV's The State.

OMG beckysioux. I'm such a fan of The State. I will forever be in love with Ben Garant. lol

Great write up guys! That's so awesome and I'm truly jealous.
  • You guys are incredible. That write up was wonderful! I'm glad you showed pics because I was really picturing a surreal Alice in Wonderland-type environment, which, I guess in a way, it was! All I can say is wow, just wow.
  • Thanks for the write up and all the pictures! Sounds (and looks!) like it was absolutely amazing.

I was going to start complaining about how I want to see OK Go and awesome celebrities in the same place, but I actually kind of did that before, so I'll shut my mouth.
  • All I can say is YAY!
  • What an awesome night! I'm trying so hard not to be jealous.
    You got some great photos and you both looked soooo pretty!
    Thanks for sharing guys!
  • Here are some more photos of the OK Go Video Release Party at LACMA

http://www.pixievisionproductions.com/gall..._go_lacma030510
  • Wow, hensocks and heydoofball! You guys are fantastic! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous.

QUOTE (PinkMuffin @ Mar 8 2010, 07:15 AM)
    Here are some more photos of the OK Go Video Release Party at LACMA

Oooooooo. Gorgeous pics!
  • Thanks everybody, you guys are the best!

Thomas Lennon had black hair which threw me off, but it was totally him, his face was unmistakable.
    He was being quite the joker, it was all good fun.

QUOTE (PinkMuffin @ Mar 8 2010, 05:15 AM)

Those are some lovely pictures!
  • QUOTE (PinkMuffin @ Mar 8 2010, 08:15 AM)

Did you take these? These are great!
  • QUOTE (samanferr @ Mar 9 2010, 01:33 PM)
    Did you take these? These are great!

No...unfortunately not...I wish I was there but L.A. is a bit too far away for me biggrin.gif