OK Go Survey

edited November -1 in OK Go

I'm a student, making a music video for Television, Television, off of OK Go's second album Oh No, and I need some research for my project. Please could you OK Go fans help me out by completeing this questionnaire and sending it back to me? Many thanks.

Are you a fan of OK Go?

Which is your favourite song by them?

Which is your favourite album by them?

Which is your favourite music video by them?

Why is this your favourite?

If they were to make a new music video, what would you like to see? Live performances, a storyline, etc

Comments

• Are you a fan of OK Go?

Definatly yes…heard of them a couple years ago but never thought about listening to them properly until recently (some time before Andy's birthday this year)

Which is your favourite song by them?

I've got a couple: White knuckles, The House Wins, A Million Ways, Your So Damn Hot and Do What You Want

Which is your favourite album by them?

Oh No

Which is your favourite music video by them?

dunno, i love both versions of TTSP because they're just…wow but i also love Invincible because…well, who doesnt love explosions and Andy making pouty faces…NOM...also love DWYW (OK...I've gone into fan girl mode yet again)

Why is this your favourite?

read above

If they were to make a new music video, what would you like to see? Live performances, a storyline, etc

I'd just like them to make something that'd blow my mind but since that'd very vague and my answer is supposed to help you figure out what to do for your project then I'm gunna have to say possibly part live performance with some kinda jump in time with the music (e.g. the beggining of Invincible), maybe arty puppetry or random stop motion that has a connection to the tone of the song or certain lyrics. I love claymations by the way haha.

Maybe some inside OK Go jokes placed in there subtly

anyway…i hope that helped and welcome to the boards!

(actually i have doubts if that helped…i get crazy after i have some tea…which i just did)

• 1. Yes, fan.

2.Favorite song (or favourite) changes. Can't pick just one. Right now it's "Get Over It" because of my attitude lately – reminding myself to just get over whatever! Goes hand in hand with TTSP, because, hey, theme just flows, a harsh HEY to shake you out of complacency then a more comforting knowledge that this too shall pass.

3.Again, that shifts, but right now it's Self Titled.

4 and 5.Again! But it's still "Get Over It" because of the subtle surrealism – there are things out of place and/or in weird places with gives a surreal feel for me, and the fun and abursity of the visual puns – HAY!! I don't know how much input they got to put in but I hope it was much. Fell in love with them with the Notre Dame TTSP, though. =D

6. IF they were to make another music video? Heehee. Whatever they do is fine with me. They are so creative I love it! I love telling people about them – hey, they have fuzzy laser guitars! Why? Two answers are because they are fraking OK Go and they do whatever they want AND why not? I like the idea of sticking in-jokes in a vid. They have such loyal and interesting fans, it would be like little gifts of intimacy with them (us, I should say).

• No, I'm not a fan.  I actually cannot stand OK Go.  I just have nothing better to talk about. /sarcasm

Just like the others, my favorites switch around.  TTSP was my favorite for a LONG time, but this week I'm massively in love with All Is Not Lost.  In fact, I'm a little worried that someday I will feel about TTSP the way I feel about HIGA.  That thought makes me want to cry.

Right now my favorite is actually OTBCOTS, but before that it was the self-titled disc. 

My favorite video?  Good question.  Invincible, probably.  Not that I don't love the Youtube, DIY stuff (because I DO), but Invincible can just stop me dead in my tracks.

What they make never fails to amaze me.  They can make whatever they want. 

• 1. Yes, yes I am HUGE fan of OK Go.

2. ATM my favorite song is This To Shall Pass or White Knuckles.

3. My favorite album is OTBCOTS

4. I can't decide between the two for TTSHP

5. I loooove marching bands so I can't deny that, and the second one is just soooo them that you can't deny it.

6. I would love to see a story line. I feel like live performance videos don't really have a point usually, and I love story lines because it gives a new perspective to the song for me.

GOOD LUCK!

• Yes, I am a fan of ok go.

It is really difficult for me to pick favorites. My favorites change with my mood and sometimes it's just the last one I listened to because all of their songs are really good. But the one I can't get out of my head right this minute is This Will Be Our Year from the John Tucker Must Die soundtrack.

Again with favorites. There are only three. Why do I have to pick a favorite? If you twist my arm I'm going to say self-titled but I feel horrible about it because I LOVE the others just as much.

Favorite video is the marching band TTSP. It's my favorite video of all time not just my favorite ok go video. I watch it every day.

Why? It is not what one would expect. The "grass-men", as my kids call them, are surprising when they pop up but after seeing it lots of times I am still shocked that it's a marching band. IN A ROCK VIDEO. Not just as part of the background or as a part of some silly plot-line created just for a music video. This version of the song is all about them. I mean, after about minute 2:27, when it's full band, there are parts where you can barely hear Damian. I guess that bothers some people but I love it. I love how he's rockin' out on that bass drum at 2:34. I love it when the kids come in at 2:47. Some criticize this video becaue it's not perfect. I love it because it is not perfect.

I also like how they go about making their videos. If they have an idea that interests them and people that they would like to work with, they find ways to make it happen.

I would like to see a video where the boys are very little and the objects around them are very big. You used to see a  lot of that in the sixties and I think it's time to bring it back. Little people + big stuff = always entertaining. And it would be a shout-out to one of our boardies here who writes stories about Teeny Ok Go (very funny).

• Sunnyside said:

I would like to see a video where the boys are very little and the objects around them are very big. You used to see a  lot of that in the sixties and I think it's time to bring it back. Little people + big stuff = always entertaining. And it would be a shout-out to one of our boardies here who writes stories about Teeny Ok Go (very funny).

You're a genius, Hannah.  Little people + big stuff = comedic GOLD.

• Sunnyside:

.... Some criticize this video becaue it's not perfect. I love it because it is not perfect.

I also like how they go about making their videos. If they have an idea that interests them and people that they would like to work with, they find ways to make it happen.....

.... And it would be a shout-out to one of our boardies here who writes stories about Teeny Ok Go (very funny).

Yes, the not "perfect" is wonderful! It's a bunch of guys having fun and a cool idea and it doesn't HAVE to be perfect.

Re: Teeny Ok Go? Who? Where? Link?