In this Discussion

Blue Colour of the Sky $1 Special

edited November -1 in OK Go
Hi, I received an email regarding OK Go's CD being $1 for one day and wasn't sure if the order date is today 6/29 or tomorrow 6/30.  I tried to order it but the website says out of stock. Anyone know?

Comments

• I ordered mine shortly after midnight last night, so it should be today.  My twitter feed was clogged with people saying they had the same problem as you, so they might just not have been prepared for the response they got (they've definitely got it in their heads that people don't buy physical CDs anymore, so that's not such a far-fetched possibility).

Actually, while we're on this topic, did anyone else buy something in addition to the CD?  I bought the $1 OTBCOTS, but while I was on the site I picked up the new key chain/bottle opener (which is ADORABLE). 

• I was going to buy it, too - I already have it on CD AND vinyl, but I figured $1 to get Louisiana Land wasn't a bad deal, and then I could pass it off to my boyfriend's daughter and be like, "You need to listen to good music!"

And it's sold out. Evs.

• Thanks for the birthday  present!
  • I'm so happy they did this! I didn't have the whole album and really, I like to have physical copies of my favorite bands' albums. How great are they??? $1? It's even a deal paying shipping.

I didn't pick up anything else at the store but I REALLY want the shirt with the cat in the yellow sweater. I'll wait til after my birthday to buy it, just in case ;)

• Just a heads-up --- I placed my order tonight at 8:20 EDT on 29 June, even though the site *said* sold out.

It accepted the order, deducted $11 from the $12 charge, added shipping, and accepted my credit card number.

So --- caveat emptor, but I decided to go for it.

Best regards,

Nancy

• DJRose said:

Actually, while we're on this topic, did anyone else buy something in addition to the CD?  I bought the $1 OTBCOTS, but while I was on the site I picked up the new key chain/bottle opener (which is ADORABLE). 

I picked up the Spring Tour USB as well. =D

• DJRose said:

I got the keychain, too. YAY!!!!!

And the Orange Bill shirt.

(I ordered the Spring Tour USB and poster last week.)

• I got the Spring Tour usb too. I loved the Ex'pressions concert!
  • For those who didn't go in on the special, you missed this gem of an email.  <3 

Hey. Thanks for buying Of The Blue Colour Of The Sky. We're really proud of it, and particularly proud of the fact that the disc you're getting is the first release on our own label, Paracadute. We celebrated by selling it for a buck, which means we lost money on every single copy. Clearly, we need some lessons on screwing over the little guy.

A secret: we don't care. We want you to hear these songs and check out the album art and enjoy the record in the way we envisioned it. And thankfully, a lot of you want to do that, too. So many, in fact, that we were a wee bit under prepared for the avalanche of orders. Please bear with us while we wade through them all. Your order will ship out by the end of next week, at the very latest.

Thank you so much for being so awesome,

OK Go

You probably already follow us on twitter and facebook, but if you don't:

twitter: @okgo
    facebook: http://facebook.com/okgo

Moments like right now I miss the wub icon from the other board.

• DJRose said:

For those who didn't go in on the special, you missed this gem of an email.  <3 

Hey. Thanks for buying Of The Blue Colour Of The Sky. We're really proud of it, and particularly proud of the fact that the disc you're getting is the first release on our own label, Paracadute. We celebrated by selling it for a buck, which means we lost money on every single copy. Clearly, we need some lessons on screwing over the little guy.

A secret: we don't care. We want you to hear these songs and check out the album art and enjoy the record in the way we envisioned it. And thankfully, a lot of you want to do that, too. So many, in fact, that we were a wee bit under prepared for the avalanche of orders. Please bear with us while we wade through them all. Your order will ship out by the end of next week, at the very latest.

Thank you so much for being so awesome,

OK Go

You probably already follow us on twitter and facebook, but if you don't:

twitter: @okgo
    facebook: http://facebook.com/okgo

Moments like right now I miss the wub icon from the other board.

This email gave me the warm fuzzies.  Best part?  OK Go thinks that I'm awesome.

• Most awesome email it was.

I picked up the keychain, too, and the OLISQ single. Amazingly, I didn't have it already.

July looks like its shaping up to be pretty nice what with all the OK Go goodies I'll be getting in the mail. Not to go off topic, but I can't wait for the Spring Tour USB and poster. I'm kinda excited to re-listen to the whole Tim and Grace Jones banter.

• DJRose said:

I went to order the poster and USB and got sucked into buying the keychain as well, which I need like a hole in the head.  I have keychains stuffed all over the house and what I carry around now has more keyrings than keys.  But I thought it was so cool.  Can't wait to get my poster and see if I'm on it.

• BeverlEy said:
    DJRose said:

I went to order the poster and USB and got sucked into buying the keychain as well, which I need like a hole in the head.  I have keychains stuffed all over the house and what I carry around now has more keyrings than keys.  But I thought it was so cool.  Can't wait to get my poster and see if I'm on it.

I was actually able to restrain myself from buying the keychain precisely because I have more keychains than keys. The Pixies/Kurt Cobain hybrid I've been carrying for 16 years is the one I use, but I've got Stones' keychains from several tours(because they come in the swag bags), my UO alumni keychain, a working Ouija board keychain, a guardian angel, a St Michael and my sister's St. Christopher (I'm not Catholic, but apparently people think I need celestial protection). I have two of those laser pointer/too-drunk-too-see-the-keyhole ones, and somewhere in the closet, there's a box with ticket stubs, drink receipts and a plethora of punk rock keychains and badges from 20 years of shows.  I have 8 keychains within arms reach right now.

I can't drive. I have a mailbox key, 2 keys to my front door, the key to a padlock I don't think I have anymore, a key of unknown origin and purpose, a suitcase key and the key to my traincase.

And I'm totally regetting not ordering the new OK Go keychain. Yell

• ChristelAdina said:
    BeverlEy said:
    DJRose said:

I was actually able to restrain myself from buying the keychain precisely because I have more keychains than keys. The Pixies/Kurt Cobain hybrid I've been carrying for 16 years is the one I use, but I've got Stones' keychains from several tours(because they come in the swag bags), my UO alumni keychain, a working Ouija board keychain, a guardian angel, a St Michael and my sister's St. Christopher (I'm not Catholic, but apparently people think I need celestial protection). I have two of those laser pointer/too-drunk-too-see-the-keyhole ones, and somewhere in the closet, there's a box with ticket stubs, drink receipts and a plethora of punk rock keychains and badges from 20 years of shows.  I have 8 keychains within arms reach right now.

I can't drive. I have a mailbox key, 2 keys to my front door, the key to a padlock I don't think I have anymore, a key of unknown origin and purpose, a suitcase key and the key to my traincase.

And I'm totally regetting not ordering the new OK Go keychain. Yell

Christel,

So you don't need another keychain but do you have bottles that need opening?

• Mine arrived yesterday!  Did anyone else get theirs?
  • I got my cd in the mail yesterday, much to my surprise! I live in NM and things generally take a little longer to get here than the rest of the US. I was thinking the earliest I'd see it would be Monday. The kids and I really enjoy "Louisiana Land" (fortunately, the kids can't make out most of the words. In fact there are a few words I can't make out, either). I didn't order anything else with my cd because I had just ordered some stuff a couple of days before the $1 announcement came out.

Crazy fan that I am, at the first opportunity I took out the EMI version and the new one to compare and contrast the packaging, inch by inch. Please, someone tell me I'm not the only one who does this?
  • I got mine today and you're not the only one doing comparisons...
  • I got my CD today, too! I didn't open it yet, but I really like the Paracadute logo. I mean, yeah, parachutes, obvious, but it's still pretty nifty. And because I'm a dork, I'm on paracadute.net for the Boards. That's right, paracadute.net!

Now I just need to figure out if I want to use my OK Go keychain with my house keys or my car keys. Hmm...