In this Discussion

10/29/10 - Terminal 5. Let's go.

Comments

• That is superb.  I think we're all kind of waiting to see what else is happening on OK Go's schedule before we make any other plans, but I'm down for the parade if nothing else happens.
  • Me, too, sounds like a hoot!

• Sorry, invading the thread - but relates in a video boardie get together way, from the Next Boardie get together thread... and this is just too fraking cool - or I'm a newb and you all have to forgive me.

Uhm. Pardon the language, but it is a movie quote: Shit just got real.

Check out development at the White Knuckles Idea/Project thread.

http://www.okgo.net/community/message-board/ok-go/boardie-white-knuckles-video-ideaproject/

Um. Wow.
  • DJRose said:That is superb.  I think we're all kind of waiting to see what else is happening on OK Go's schedule before we make any other plans, but I'm down for the parade if nothing else happens.

I agree. And I'm definitely waiting to purchase my airline tickets until I make arrangements with you lovely local ladies regarding airports/days/times. There's a lot of coordinating involved!
  • DJRose said:That is superb.  I think we're all kind of waiting to see what else is happening on OK Go's schedule before we make any other plans, but I'm down for the parade if nothing else happens.

Good point, it didn't really occur to me before that East Coast can mean multiple shows not too far apart. 

• hyannah77 said:
    DJRose said:That is superb.  I think we're all kind of waiting to see what else is happening on OK Go's schedule before we make any other plans, but I'm down for the parade if nothing else happens.

Good point, it didn't really occur to me before that East Coast can mean multiple shows not too far apart. 

Ahh yes.  That's the beauty of the East Coast.  Lots of cities that are 1 hour's drive apart from each other.  <3

• Yes.  I agree with Rachel.  I think we should hold off on set plans yet *JUST* in case they announce more dates. 

As it turns out, I just realized I haven't been to T5, I've been to Nokia Theater.  Times Square is so walking distance from there so it's no worries if that's where you all wanted to go.

I am finishing up driving lessons, as well as buying a car AND moving to Baltimore in the summer, but as absolutely soon as I can, I will let you guys know how much space I have in my car to pick you ladies up if you need. 

I'm so excited.  This shall be awesome!

• Yea, let me know, Sam, I would like to ride up with someone if possible. I'm in Richmond so I can drive to Baltimore and meet you.  Of course, I'll chip in for gas.
  • samanferr! said:

Hope you come!

I bought my tickets like, the moment they went on sale. In fact, I just got them in the mail.

Since multiple quotations are complicated on the new boards (DEAR AROSS PLEASE FIX KTHX):

Rachel - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I totes forgot about that. Didn't I just give him a look? I don't remember exactly what I did...

Why do the IRL boys get so jealous of The Boys?

That made me lol. Okay, not literally, but it made me smile internally at the very least.

ALSO WHY ARE YOU ALL MAKING PLANS WITHOUT ME???? I'M IN THE COUNTRY NOW!

• jedi_grrlie said:

Rachel - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I totes forgot about that. Didn't I just give him a look? I don't remember exactly what I did...

It was this moment of "umm, I don't want to go to T5 and how can I tell this guy that I don't want to go to T5" and he was all "oh don't be a snob."

You can be part of the plans, the only reason they're being made without you is that you're not taking part in the conversation.  Well, also I figured that since Ralph is coming you wouldn't want to be part of the fangirl squeeing.

MATH WIN!  23!

• DJRose said:
    jedi_grrlie said:

It was this moment of "umm, I don't want to go to T5 and how can I tell this guy that I don't want to go to T5" and he was all "oh don't be a snob."

You can be part of the plans, the only reason they're being made without you is that you're not taking part in the conversation.  Well, also I figured that since Ralph is coming you wouldn't want to be part of the fangirl squeeing.

MATH WIN!  23!

I've only gotten 23 once. So not fair, Rachel. Although my math below is 2 + 3. So, that's something, right?

Also, KATY! Yay, you're back in the country. I guess I *have* to come out to NYC now, huh?

• jedi_grrlie said:

Since multiple quotations are complicated on the new boards (DEAR AROSS PLEASE FIX KTHX):

So how do you use multiple quotations? I can't figure it out.

And hi jedi_grrlie.  I hope that I get to meet you in NYC.

• Bumpity bump.

Because October will be here before we know it.  (I'm already seeing Halloween merchandise in stores.)

I can't wait!

• Oh shit!  I was just talking about this to Hannah.

Should we all look into hotels?  What's the deal here. 

I really wish I had a place to offer to you guys that are coming, but my parents' house is a little far from the city and there's limited room. 

• samanferr! said:

Oh shit!  I was just talking about this to Hannah.

Should we all look into hotels?  What's the deal here. 

I really wish I had a place to offer to you guys that are coming, but my parents' house is a little far from the city and there's limited room. 

I would definitely be down for a hotelshare. NYC hotels can be ridiculously expensive. 

• What about Hostels? I've stayed at the Jazz on the Park Hostel on 106th right off of CPW. It's really decent and they do have private rooms if you want them. I think it's usually right around $30-$35 per person per night if you stay in one of the dorm style rooms and the private rooms for 2 are $135 per night. 

Plus since it's on the west side it's just a B or C ride away.

http://www.jazzhostels.com/jazzonthepark.php

• So jealous.

It sucks to be a minor. Majorly.

AHAHAHA music joke.

• bullshituous said:

What about Hostels? I've stayed at the Jazz on the Park Hostel on 106th right off of CPW. It's really decent and they do have private rooms if you want them. I think it's usually right around $30-$35 per person per night if you stay in one of the dorm style rooms and the private rooms for 2 are $135 per night. 

http://www.jazzhostels.com/jaz.....hepark.php

Wow.  That seems like a pretty sweet deal.  We could just hop on the train.  Anyone else down or should we keep looking.  That's probably one of the cheapest we'll find.

• samanferr! said:
    bullshituous said:

What about Hostels? I've stayed at the Jazz on the Park Hostel on 106th right off of CPW. It's really decent and they do have private rooms if you want them. I think it's usually right around $30-$35 per person per night if you stay in one of the dorm style rooms and the private rooms for 2 are $135 per night. 

http://www.jazzhostels.com/jaz.....hepark.php

Wow.  That seems like a pretty sweet deal.  We could just hop on the train.  Anyone else down or should we keep looking.  That's probably one of the cheapest we'll find.

Yeah, that sounds good to me, I can't imagine finding a better deal than that without ending up in an inconvenient location.

• Just my opinion, but I'd rather stay in a hotel closer to the venue.  I feel a bit old to be staying in a hostel.  But I will defer to the majority. 

Can we get a count of exactly how many of us are going and who would like to share a room?