In this Discussion

Encounter with an OK Go member?

edited November -1 in OK Go
I made this so you can post your stories about how you met or saw OK Go in person. I got to see OK Go at the LA County Fair but i had a seat that was really far away,at the OK Go parade where i actually got to have conversations with them with a picture and an autograph(plus a hug with damian :D ),and i got to be front row,dead center at the club nokia concert :) so what's your experience?

Comments

• I've never met a member. But I would really like to. I mean, who wouldn't? EVERYbody wants a hug from the treadmill guys.

You were at the front of the Club Nokia concert? Lucky. I was in VIP which, of course, had a great view, but wasn't close to any of them.

• Awwww that sucks. i got to go to the front row because i went a few hours early and so it was first come first serve.i heard that the VIP was for 21 and over and that it was at the balcony.
  • Hey Reina,

Great job contributing, and welcome to the boards!  You might find, unfortunately, that a lot of us have already posted our encounters with the guys in individual threads for shows because many of us oldtimers have met the guys a bunch of times.  But I know I speak for everyone when I say we're glad you're here!  Congrats on meeting the guys and post your pictures!

• i  got to see them at the OK GO parade which was amazing!they were all very nice!!After that I also saw them in concert at Club Nokia I was standing next to Reina and the concert was badass!Dan threw a drumstick to me and Andy threw a quitarpick!The next day I got the OK GO news letter and it said the first 15 people who reply to this get to see OK GO live in a privet acoustic set.To my suprised I was one of the 15 people so I got to see them AGAIN and when we did see them in the privet concert Damian tottaly reconized me and my little sister!Which was amazing!!
  • DJRose said:

Hey Reina,

Great job contributing, and welcome to the boards!  You might find, unfortunately, that a lot of us have already posted our encounters with the guys in individual threads for shows because many of us oldtimers have met the guys a bunch of times.  But I know I speak for everyone when I say we're glad you're here!  Congrats on meeting the guys and post your pictures!

thankyou! and i didn't know haha i'm a newbie. And how do i post pictures since everytime i post a picture all i see is this small box and when people post pictures on the forum i see small boxes for pictures and small boxes for emoticons D:

• tiff124 said:i  got to see them at the OK GO parade which was amazing!they were all very nice!!After that I also saw them in concert at Club Nokia I was standing next to Reina and the concert was badass!Dan threw a drumstick to me and Andy threw a quitarpick!The next day I got the OK GO news letter and it said the first 15 people who reply to this get to see OK GO live in a privet acoustic set.To my suprised I was one of the 15 people so I got to see them AGAIN and when we did see them in the privet concert Damian tottaly reconized me and my little sister!Which was amazing!!

Yeah i remember you ! I'll be funny If i got to see you at every OK Go meeting in LA haha.Wasn't the OK Go parade and the club nokia concert awesome?!?!?

• Pf. Apparently not.
  • Hey, daisychains, did you mean to type in something else? You may have been a bit board-flummoxed there.

Yep, the encounters are usually posted in the individual event threads along with the report/review of the event itself. Because we NEED to know! Pictures or it didn't happen! (not really, but still)

The boards take a bit of getting used to, the rhythm and flow and where to post what, but you'll get the hang of it.

I don't know how to explain clearly how to post pictures on here. I do it, but I'm much better verbally explaining stuff.

BUT, since you are all newbies and all - I'll re-post my link to MY first (and only, except for a quick Dan pic) encounter, back in April.

It was freaking epic - AND I met a crap-ton of boardies!

This is the first of three parts.

http://violetchaos-364.livejournal.com/70226.html

• haha since i really don't know how to post pictures my evidence is my profile pic/avatar 
  • Reina Suio said:

thankyou! and i didn't know haha i'm a newbie. And how do i post pictures since everytime i post a picture all i see is this small box and when people post pictures on the forum i see small boxes for pictures and small boxes for emoticons D:

We love newbies.  Quick tutorial on photo posting:

See when you post in the toolbar there's the little icon with the tree?  Click it. The only field that is absolutely necessary is the "Image URL" field.  The others are optional, but some of them (specifically the dimensions) are helpful.  Copy the Image URL into the field.  If the photo isn't ginonormous, then click OK and you're done.  If the photo IS ginormous, enter a smallish number into one of the dimension fields.  Smallish meaning around 500 or so (think in terms of number of pixels). 

I didn't think the photo would be ginormous, but it is, and now I need to fix it.  How?  Ah, young padawan, quite simply.  Click the photo so that it's selected, then click your tree icon again.  The dialogue box will come up again with the dimensions filled in.  Take the numbers in those fields and divide by two or three (depending on just how ginormous the photo is).  Then click OK and the problem is solved!

How do I get the Image URL in the first place? Ah young padawan, quite simply.  Your photo has to be uploaded somewhere else (like flickr or facebook, for example).  Right click on it, select "Properties," and a new box comes up.  There will be a URL (web address) towards the bottom of that box.  That's the info you need.  Some browsers also have an option to "copy photo location" in their right click menus.

• thanks! helped me out so much! but I'm not sure if your heard this before but when i see people posting emoticons all i see is a square box? and same for pictures.i can see some pictures people post but some are little boxes.
  • Check the date on the post.  If it's before January of this year, then it's because the emoticons are from the old board and therefore the link is broken.  If the post is more recent, then there's another problem and we can go from there.
  • Ok. Photo is posted. It was taken at CD101 in Columbus, OH on Halloween. Many thanks to DJ Lesley James for the invite to the station, and even more thanks to my husband for indulging my fangirl fantasy.
  • Julie Puterbaugh said:Ok. Photo is posted. It was taken at CD101 in Columbus, OH on Halloween. Many thanks to DJ Lesley James for the invite to the station, and even more thanks to my husband for indulging my fangirl fantasy.

Adorable picure :D

• Julie Puterbaugh said:Ok. Photo is posted. It was taken at CD101 in Columbus, OH on Halloween. Many thanks to DJ Lesley James for the invite to the station, and even more thanks to my husband for indulging my fangirl fantasy.

Adorable picure :D

• Well, lookie that! A big version of the epic pic! =D

Hey, this is a good thread for random encounters, like for Julie's above (HI JULIE! WELCOME!) – not attached to a particular event, topic, thread, etc.

edit - OH, like for airport sightings, too!

• violetchaos364 said:

Well, lookie that! A big version of the epic pic! =D

Hey, this is a good thread for random encounters, like for Julie's above (HI JULIE! WELCOME!) – not attached to a particular event, topic, thread, etc.

edit - OH, like for airport sightings, too!

thanks!

• PFFT. I WISH. (Still hasen't gone to a concert. XP I feel like such a noob compared to you OK Go EXPERTS. XD)

@Reina: I though I reconized you in your icon, I saw your Youtube video! Man, you're so lucky. Maybe someday they'll do a crazy parade through Canada. XD

Great job with the Parade video BTW.