In this Discussion

OK Go Fan Art

Comments

• Arrynisawesome said:

More art! (I love dumping my stuff on here XD) Uh, this is based off of the blog post on their blogger website. I'm actually really proud of the people but not so proud on the scribbly car in the background. It's supposed to be the car from the Stylo video by Gorillaz. XD

Tim and damian

@ViolentChaos364: Omg! Thank you!

I'd love to see it, or I could just google it, what's the title of the album?

@Silver12: Thank you! I so would too.

I'll post the bigger and higher resolution pic (So you can see all the hard work I did on their clothes) on dA tommorow.

So all the art on this thread is like, the epitome of awesome :) especially this one. love it.

• Arrynisawesome said:

• Aleatory said:

This isn't really specifically fan art, but it's art and involves OK Go.

You tumblr-ers have prob already seen this because it's been floating around for a while. Honestly, I had no idea it was going to get so popular.

Anyway, it was an assignment in Chemistry where we had to illustrate the five types of chemical reactions in a more visual way. Every other single person in the class finished theirs in class, but me, being the overachiever that I am, had to take it a little too far. 

The second one is supposed to be a hipster, but I got finished with the equation and someone told me, 'hey, that looks like Tim.' I guess Tim is my definition of a hipster and I didn't even realize it until afterward. It was just supposed to be ironic facial hair, vintage glasses and a cool hat! 

WARNING: Includes memes and unrelenting geekiness.

original post: http://neondarling.tumblr.com/post/2355905613/a-simple-assignment-in-chem-that-i-took-way-way#notes

Loving it! The OK Go and MythBusters reference just made my day :D

• violetchaos364 said:
    Arrynisawesome said:

Oh wow! It's really pretty. And I can totally see where you're coming from. ;D

• dunkgreener said:
    Arrynisawesome said:

More art! (I love dumping my stuff on here XD) Uh, this is based off of the blog post on their blogger website. I'm actually really proud of the people but not so proud on the scribbly car in the background. It's supposed to be the car from the Stylo video by Gorillaz. XD

Tim and damian

@Silver12: Thank you! I so would too.

I'll post the bigger and higher resolution pic (So you can see all the hard work I did on their clothes) on dA tommorow.

So all the art on this thread is like, the epitome of awesome :) especially this one. love it.

Thank you!

• http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4110/5412960298_cfc798aa36.jpg[/url]

I love the song Skyscrapers so I created a mock Single cover.

I was supposed to draw a kneeling and begging OK Go man (the box dude) but Paint cannot rotate the Text in non-90 degree variables so… I ditched the idea.

Note: I was supposed to do this by hand but our scanner is not working so I decided to use Paint instead.

• Mae said:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4110/5412960298_cfc798aa36.jpg[/url]

I was supposed to draw a kneeling and begging OK Go man (the box dude) but Paint cannot rotate the Text in non-90 degree variables so… I ditched the idea.

Note: I was supposed to do this by hand but our scanner is not working so I decided to use Paint instead.

Omg! It's so cute! I really like it, and I like the font, what's it called? Do you remember?

• Arrynisawesome said:
    Mae said:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4110/5412960298_cfc798aa36.jpg[/url]

Omg! It's so cute! I really like it, and I like the font, what's it called? Do you remember?

• Ffff. This isn't really 'fanart' but- I JUST NOTICED SPELL CHECK ISN'T HERE.

* cough * Anyway. I always try getting OK Go more fans and spreading my obsession love to strangers by sending them drawings of the band members with Sketch Swap. It's really fun. * nods *

By the way, I love the Sky Scrapers mock cover thing. It's really cool!

• OK, so I've finally figured out how to post this. It's been my wallpaper since sometime last year. I made it one night while procrastinating and listening to OK Go on repeat. It's not that great because my computer skills are next to none, but I feel it serves its purpose Smile (Link- just in case my computer skills fail and the picture turns out squished)

• I don't know if I can necessarily call this OK Go fan art, but I saw the word "Needing" and immediately thought of Needing/Getting. I attempted to take some pics with my phone and it ended up focusing on the dirt on the window instead of the word. I think it came out pretty nifty.

• beckysioux said:

I don't know if I can necessarily call this OK Go fan art, but I saw the word "Needing" and immediately thought of Needing/Getting. I attempted to take some pics with my phone and it ended up focusing on the dirt on the window instead of the word. I think it came out pretty nifty.

I like how it came out! If I saw that I would totally remember of it too...

• laeticia said:

beckysioux said:

I don't know if I can necessarily call this OK Go fan art, but I saw the word "Needing" and immediately thought of Needing/Getting. I attempted to take some pics with my phone and it ended up focusing on the dirt on the window instead of the word. I think it came out pretty nifty.

I like how it came out! If I saw that I would totally remember of it too...

Yeah, I would think the same thing. It looks like you completely set up this shot, it's so cool. Serendipity is great!
  • My two new drawings! Hope you like it!

• Hi everyone, I'm really enjoying all the fan art here, and am posting for the first time at the behest of . I hope you all like them, they've really come through for me during this week's sudden cold snap!

OK GO mitts: http://yfrog.com/hsvtcdaj

Thanks for looking!
  • Tabulaarasa, welcome to the boards! Your mittens are wonderful!!! What a great idea! Laugh 
  • laeticia said:

My two new drawings! Hope you like it!

Like it? Not quite enough…LOVE IT seems better. You're really good. Seems like you were channelling A-ha's "Take On Me" [ (one of my most favorite videos from 1986). Keep sharing Laeticia! :)
  • Tabulaarasa said:

Hi everyone, I'm really enjoying all the fan art here, and am posting for the first time at the behest of . I hope you all like them, they've really come through for me during this week's sudden cold snap!

OK GO mitts: http://yfrog.com/hsvtcdaj

Thanks for looking!

Hi Tabulaarasa! Welcome! SO glad you're here! =D

Those mittens need to be shared with the world. Barring that, since I would assume there is only one pair, we need the pic!
  • Hey, those who follow me on tumblr may have seen this... but here's the very large project I'm working on.  Pretty much all the explanation and images are here: http://epidermodysplasiaverruciformis.tumblr.com/tagged/charcoal_reversal

And here's where I am now...

• DancesWithDingo said:

laeticia said:

My two new drawings! Hope you like it!

Like it? Not quite enough…LOVE IT seems better. You're really good. Seems like you were channelling A-ha's "Take On Me" [ (one of my most favorite videos from 1986). Keep sharing Laeticia! :)

that's kind of you, thank you! 

well, I do like to do shadows and drawings like that... and I like that video... must've been imprinted in my mind forever and I didn't do the math! xD