In this Discussion

LURKERS

edited November -1 in OK Go
I'm calling you out, Lurkers.

http://www.youtube.com/comment?lc=mogiWyeNwntvaEg75GIbGINWSwM

When you decide to come talk to us, I promise you'll love us.  Ask anyone else who has de-lurked. 

Comments

• All you guys know I'm here... I think. I mostly lurk the forums... but de-lurk sometimes.

Anyway. What the heck is that youtube link for?
  • A good way to scare people into talking to you Rachel, LMAO

I'm just kidding. I never lurked I just talked. It's just that this place is so amazing that I had to be part of it.

So there you go lurkers, come talk to us, we are lonely. XDD
  • daisychains said:

Anyway. What the heck is that youtube link for?

I think she meant to link to this comment: "Hah! I love it! That's so awesome. :D Dang, I wish I was in it. Well, that's what you get for being one of the lurkers on the boards…"

But yes, please de-lurk or de-cloak.

10 points to whoever gets that reference.

Ha! Maths equal 10.
  • Wait... I WROTE that comment! >.< That's me with the username  made by my eight-year-old mind.
  • LOL, that was you?
  • Yeah. :) Sorry, I know I'm not really considered a lurker, it's just I don't reply to anything much, and- I ramble a lot.

The video is so amazing, by the way. Really, it's awesome!
  • I'm not a lurker...I just can't seem to get my posts to show up here. I've tried four times and nothing shows up. Hoping trying with another browser will work.
  • Obviously, it worked! Laugh
  • I'M LIVING PROOF THAT LURKERS ARE WELCOME, AREN'T I?

Yes. Cause I've bee lurking for 3 years before ever posting anything or even signing in, and I was in the video project. Also, made some awesome friends I will definetly include a visit for on my journey backpacking through America when I'm out of college and want to go Into The Wild.
  • Where do i fit in, im a lurker who posts sometimesLaugh
  • Arrynisawesome said:

A good way to scare people into talking to you Rachel, LMAO

I'm just kidding. I never lurked I just talked. It's just that this place is so amazing that I had to be part of it.

So there you go lurkers, come talk to us, we are lonely. XDD

Well exactly.  We're all good people and a friendly bunch too.  I don't mean to "scare people into talking" but sometimes it gets a little creepy.  It's happened more than once where someone has come up to me at an OK Go concert and they know who I am and how many concerts I've been to and all of that.  Not that I mind, I love meeting people.  It's just I think a lot of the people who post here forget that it's not a private community and that anyone can read what we say.  I know I'm guilty of that.  But it would be nice if some of the people who read the boards and know all of our names and what we say would occasionally say hello. 
    And Christine/Rockchick: we all know you're here. ;-)  You're not a lurker.  You're just not a frequent poster.
  • Wow, you must feel famous. LOL But you have been on here WAY longer than me. That's totally true, I wish that there were more frequent members.

I still can't believe people actually address you about that, that's CRAZY!
  • I wish I was a more frequent poster. I just can't find anything interesting to post about...
  • Can you feel the heat from my blush of shame where you are?  Just so you don't feel singled out, I am guilty of lurking on facebook as well.  I am always logged out of chat but check on my friends frequently!

I loved the boardies video.  Strong work! Wink
  • Arrynisawesome said:

Wow, you must feel famous. LOL But you have been on here WAY longer than me. That's totally true, I wish that there were more frequent members.

I still can't believe people actually address you about that, that's CRAZY!

I don't know about feeling famous, but it happened for the first time AGES ago, back with the Grownups group.

x-raygirl said:

Can you feel the heat from my blush of shame where you are?  Just so you don't feel singled out, I am guilty of lurking on facebook as well.  I am always logged out of chat but check on my friends frequently!

I loved the boardies video.  Strong work! Wink

Ha, I'm always logged out of chat too.  Thanks for posting, x-raygirl!  I'm glad you like the boardie video!

And also:

daisychains said:

I wish I was a more frequent poster. I just can't find anything interesting to post about...

Just to clarify, if you have a post count, you're not a lurker.  All us boardies know you're here.  This is not about asking people to post more, just a quick request for the people who are hiding in the woodwork to wave. :-D

• Ah. That clears up things. :)
    I always log out of chat. I'm never on chat - ever.
  • I lurked for a while, but now I'm here- although I've found that I get most of my OK Goodness from Tumblr now, I'm not checking/posting as much as I used to.